Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saskatchewan Gal

Hi everyone....

I am brand new to the site and am interested in Lap Band Surgery. I live in Saskatchewan.

Anyone from around here have surgery and where?

I had my surgery while living in Saskatchewan. I had it done in Ontario by Dr. Cobourn (see the link in my signature). PM me if you want.

There was another lady, Buffie, from Saskatoon, who was banded not too long ago, but apparently she dropped off the face of the earth!

Glad you found us here :)

Hi! I am glad you found this site. I found it very helpful in the decision making process. Let me know if I can help!

I am from Saskatoon, and had lap banding in Victoria with Dr. Amson. Thus far I have lost 70 lbs.:clap2: I just went back to Victoria recently, to let him know how I'm doing. I haven't had any fills, and have problems eating nutritionally sound meals due to the amount of constriction(especially in the first half of the day).Despite this I have no regrets. I still need to lose about 90 lbs more.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi: noticed the comment about buffie and just want you to know she is my "buddie" that was set up by the clinic on the TLBC website. She is doing extremely well and she has been a great support to me. Although I live in North Vancouver, I was born and raised in Yorkton and my family live in Saskatoon. So having a "buddie" from 'toon' is great.

Hey! I am a Saskatchewan girl too. I am set to be banded on March 12. I am from Estevan, SK and am being banded by Dr. Mumford who is in the clinic with Dr. Cobourn. Doddie, my DH is from Yorkton area - Bredenbury. His family is still there. Anybody getting fills in Regina?

Hey Mommy202: Where do you live now. Congratulations on your banding date. Any questions about the surgery just post and I bet you will get a lot of help. Doddie

I am actually living in/near Estevan now (Farm near Macoun). I am originally from Lumsden (near Regina). I have been posting in another forum and find it very good. It was nice to find a sight with people from Canada as our experience here is sometimes a little different.

Hi: Have you ever tried the Canadianlapbanders website. They are all patients from the TLBC and/or Dr. Coburn and Mumsford. They are a great group and very helpfull. What other forum have you been using.

Yes the Canadian experience is different because our gov't has approved 4 different types of bands where in the USA I think there is only one. Also, their insurance problems are different. Doddie

I have just been on this sit but over in the general discussion area. I will check out the sight you mentioned. I must confess I did not really research my surgeon or my clinic. However, what I am now learning all seems to be positive. What type of band do you have?

Hi: I was given the French MidBand. It is supposed to be wider and softer. Dr. Joffe and Yau are the two pioneers of the banding process in Canada and they use all types depending on your stomach. They make the decision at the time they are inside you. The doctors you have chosen are excellent as well. email me privately if you wish at doddie63@hotmail.com. We can carry on a more private conversation. Doddie

Hey Mommy!

Good choice, and congrats on your upcoming date.

I was banded while living in SK as well.... do you have someone in Regina to do fills, or has Dr. Mumford said that there will be? That would be great.

Doddie, you should tell Buffie to come tell us herself how great she's doing!! We wanna hear from her too :)

hi: yes I have told her you were asking about her. Next e mail, I will tell her to contact you. I am a binger and I never thought I could binge on mushies. Today I found out differently. Ate a whole tin of tuna. As someone said, the band is a tool not the whole answer. Doddie

Argon,

I am told that there is someone in Regina who can do the fills but that I will have to pay for them. I had thought about arguing over that (I'm a lawyer - arguing is what I do) and then I decided that getting a dispute over a couple of hundred dollars with the people who are going to literally have my life in their hands would be a little foolish!

Doddie, keep in mind that even with overeating the tuna you likely still only consumed a small portion of the calories you normally would have.