Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ghosts...

~c~

Oh yes, my husband knows this story very well. We both think it was my dad and grama telling me everything will be alright and we will be there. As for my daughter, I mentioned it today to her and asked her if she remembered and she said "of course I remember grampasito" The whole experience was actually peacful I have had others and they have all been wonderful. I know my dad is happy while I have never seen here, I have had many wonderful meetings in my dreams where he looks transparent but young about 30 and dressed in a beach look like a light blue shirt and white trousers and barefoot. I know he is happy and comes around to reassure me when I get stressed out. I feel lucky to have had such a wonderful dad that I can still feel connected to.

My husband just pooh poohs it and never talks about it when it is brought up. He knows I know and thinks that people will think we are crazy. So he just refuses to talk about it with anyone. And I really think that he doesn't want to talk to me about it (even after all these years) because it makes it real. I have a nephew that was in the air force and he told me that he has seen things that he could not explain and that I wasn't crazy. The government knows alot they don't tell us.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

When my nephew Colten, was 3 he was playing in his room and my sister-in -law heard him talking to himself so she went to go see what was going on and when she went in his room and asked him who he was talkin to he told her that man up there flying in that airplane. SHe asked what he looked like, he said he looks like daddy when he has a long beard. My nephews great Uncle died in a plane he was learning to fly and my brother (my nephews father) look just like my Uncle when he grows his beard out. He also use to talk to my Granmother...his gt. grandmother...who died when he was 2.

My sister-in- law finally told my uncle and grandmother they need to go home and leave Colten alone. He never talked to them again.

Also when my mother-in-law passed away and the family was cleaning out her stuff the grandkids got to pick through some old jewelry she had. My daughter was only 3 then and I thought she would like a necklace(just some gaudy beads) to play with so I asked her if she wanted it and she said no she wanted "that" and pointed to a little ziplok bag with a broken broach/pin in it of a butterfly. So I asked if anyone else eanted it and no one did so she got to keep it. Two days later when they had her burial it was windy and cold and we were at the cemetary (out in the country) and this butterfly kept following my daughter and when she climbed on the old wooden fence and sat there the butterfly lit on her shoulder and just sat there for the longest time. My husbands brother who lives not even a mile from the cemetary said there is never any butterflies like that out there...especially that time of the year, cause it was still cold and also very windy. Everyone still talkes about how grandma came back as a butterfly to watch over my daughter.

Wow, Angel!

Sound like similar stories. How beautiful. I have another one too. My dad died in March of '88 and my parents were married in the month of March too. Well that April in '88 I was pregnant and I slept a lot in the first 3 month best sleep of my life! Anyway one night I had this dream that I was on a beach that was kinda like a bay and had a pier very near by. In the dream it kinda looked like the beach we went to as a kid, but it was not the same beach. Anyway my dad in the dream was more like a transparent person with a voice. In the dream I wanted to go out but my dad kept telling me" no, I want to teach you catch these lobsters that hide by these rocks and you catch them with a sock. " We were running up and down as he was trying to show me. In the distance the Water was clear and there were fishermen in small boats that had lights on the bottom so you could see the water. In the dream I could not tell if it was morning or early evening but it was a little dark. As my dad was talking to me he told me "look, look at that wave" I looked and it was all like light orange. The fishermen all threw their nets in and they caught shrimp. My dad then handed me a cloth bag and said "come on lets get the shrimp instead" and we ran to the beach and started to collect the shrimp. Well in my dream I realized " hey is this really happening?" I looked up (still in the dream and my dad was gone but I heard his voice and he said 'call mom, call mom this really happened''. When I woke up it was 530 am and I woke up in tears and my heart beating. Later on about at 8am I called my mom and told her the whole dream she was so quiet and I finally said "did you hear me?" she answered in a soft ready to crack voice and said " this really did happen on our honeymoon, we went to this beach at 530am and tried to catch lobster but ended up with a bag of fresh shrimp" I asked her "how were you trying to catch the lobster?" she said "

your dad had this trick with a sock" I told her "yes, he was trying to teach me that trick with the sock but then the wave came" She was very emotional crying and said " I know he is trying to say Happy Anniversary to me" Gosh! can you believe that? I still get emotional just talking about it!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

That is really cool Sunflower. Made me get tears in my eyes.:think

ok...who here watches most haunted on the travel channel? And who saw the one of the adobe house in california?? If any of you did, we need to talk about that dress moving!!! We tivo'd it and I just finally watched it last night and HOLY COW!!! That whole thing totally moved towards him!!!

A very good friend of mine died in Jan 2004. My weight @316 was killing me.

After my last doctors visit I had decided to get the band, because for me I was told it was do or die.... So I made the decision to get the band, I was woried about not being able to get through the surgery afraid of dying on the table, afraid of dying...I came to grips with it by deciding if I did die on the table I would never know what hit me and it would be a lot less painful than everything I was going through right now. I had surgery feb 04.

Now for the spirt part.....

One year to the day of Chuck's death he came to me in a dream...we had a conversation including my discussion of how he was dead, he said yes he knew and he was but was there to calm my fears of death that he knew I had... He said it would be all right and it was not what people think about it... it was not painful (he had cancer that had progressed to his bones and was very painful) and that he was at peace and I should not be afraid of dying. I believe him and it was an experience I will never forget. I do not believe it was a dream I believe Chuck visited me and we had a conversation about something I feared from someone who had been there. Trish

Amy: What episode was that?

Now if you are going to watch it and want to be surprised...don't read on. If you don't think you are going to watch it tho, read on for the REALLY COOL thing that happened in this episode.

It was the episode on some adobe style house in california. it was a ranch, once owned by a some indians and a spanish man. i can't remember his name. but his wife's name was Espiritu. There was a sewing bust in what was once her room, and it had one of her old dresses on it. Well, the host and another girl went to it and saw it was on casters, so they tried touching it for their energy and to see if Espiritu would move it. Well of course it moved, but it could have been them. THEN!!! My favorite of all the guys, goes up, and he tries it. Nothing. With his hands touching he he starts to joke around. He picks up the arms of the dress and swings the bust around dancing. Then he jokes around saying "Or do you want to get down and dirty" and spins the bust around like he is going to hump the damn thing. They all laugh. He turns it around, gets serious, goes to touch it AND IT MOVES AWAY FROM HIM BEFORE HE CAN TOUCH IT!! They got it on camera too. And then they got two cameras. One shooting the base of it to show his feet are no where near it, the other at his hands to show that they are not touching, and he starts to speak to Espiritu again. The whole thing moves visible several inches towards him! It was AWESOME! It was so much for him that he actually took time to beg forgiveness from Espiritu for the joking around and begged her to realize that it was a bad joke and all in jest. He was visibly shaken by the whole thing. I would be too!! LOL There was some other really cool stuff in that one too.

FunnyDuddies - was that the one on just the other day? I saw the beginning, they were saying that althought he house itself was a reproduction, everything in it was original... and how when the guy died he was worth 300k but only left his wife 10k?

I've seen that series a few times. It always seemed rigged/faked to me. There was one with a group of guys in a cellar or something, and one guy "gets pushed down" and claims he got hit, but it jut looked like he tripped over barrels. Hard to see what's really going on.

yes that is the one. money grubbing sob. LOL

i have watched it a lot. i know of some of the places they have gone. i really don't think it is rigged. i think it is one of the better ghost chasing shows out there. i DO however think that there is a lot of psychology that goes into it, and that there are some things that they really wish were supernatural but just were not.

but there is some stuff that just rocks! LOL some of those reactions cannot be staged! I love when all the guys jump into each other's arms and cry like little girls when a tv comes on by itself. that is just pure genius right there LOL

Any new stories out there???

My great aunt Eris and my great uncle Perry had taken me one summer when I was 7 or 8 one year. We did a lot of traveling that summer, and a lot of camping.

I found a quarter at our campsite one day, and my imagination started to run wild. I told my aunt and uncle "Just think of all the money people must have lost here throughout the years!" I was certain I was going to be rich!

After I came back from playing that day I was fussing around the campsite, and darned if I didn't find a quarter and a dime! And then something else! I was SO excited! I had "found" about $1.50 in change by the time I looked up at an odd moment and caught my uncle laughing. Then it hit me - he was seeding our campsite with change for me to find! Ah, I was so crushed! lol

He died about 10 years ago, but that summer I spent with them has always been one of my favorite memories.

This August I went back east with my Mom to visit the relatives on her side of the family, and I got to visit with Eris (who is now in her 80's). After we got back home I started finding a penny every day for about two weeks. The first one was on the bed. I had made the bed, went off to do something, came back into the bedroom, and there was a penny. I was alone in the house, so it was kind of weird. But as I continued to find one each day for a while, I decided it was Perry's way of saying "Hi!".