Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2013 - Post Op Thread

Congrats! That's awesome! I'm down 88lbs and trying to hit a 100 by 1/3/14. I was getting hungry about three weeks ago. Had the stomach growling and everything. So I bumped my Protein up to 90-100g a day and that stops it from happening. I can't always hit that much but when i do I don't get the tummy growling thing!

Thanks I'm going to try that.

Less than two weeks till Christmas where I get to travel and see my family that I have not seen since the surgery. I am pretty excited. What is everyone else's Holiday plans?

Updating... Surgery was July 10th. Started this journey at 236 lbs. Surgery weight was 210 lbs, 5 months post op weighing in at 161.6 lbs. That's a 75 lb weight loss total. 65 lbs since surgery. My stomach doesn't match the rest of my body, all the remaining weight I need to lose is in my gut :( I'm 5'3", with a large hanging belly. :(

Updating... Surgery was July 10th. Started this journey at 236 lbs. Surgery weight was 210 lbs, 5 months post op weighing in at 161.6 lbs. That's a 75 lb weight loss total. 65 lbs since surgery. My stomach doesn't match the rest of my body, all the remaining weight I need to lose is in my gut :( I'm 5'3", with a large hanging belly. :(

Congratulations, I'm also a July 22nd but only lost 64lbs so far&my name is sherri scheffler what a coincidence. Keep on losing my friend

Well I figure it's time for an update. When I started my Weight loss Journey I was 511 pounds I am now right around 345 pounds, after my WL surgery (July 16 th) I had to have emergency back surgery (Aug 6 th ) which set me back a little and I just had to have my gallbladder out this past Thursday yes 3 surgeries in 5 months but I'm a total of right around 164 pounds for total weight loss and I'm very proud of that. I still have about 60 more pounds before I hit my goal but I feel i'll get there in no time. Everyday for me is still a learning opportunity, I feel like I can now eat anything there are obviously things I stay away from like high fats, high sugars, and high carbs. I haven't had the opportunity to enjoy the new me just yet because of all the surgeries but I'm hoping this last one was the charm and I can really start to enjoy this new life. There have been many ups and downs but I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm down. 3 shirt sizes and 6 pants sizes. I'm glad to hear from you all and hear all your great progress!

Edited by Big Wojo

My surgery was 7/1/13 in Mexico. I started at 330. After pre op diet I was at 300. I havent experienced any dumping at all. I weighed in this morning at 217! Total weight loss of 113lbs! My goal is 180 so 17 pounds to onederland and 37 pounds to goal!

Ok so I thought I had lost only 60 pounds . I got on the scale today and I'm down a total of 75 pounds! It's amazing what happens when you learn to stay off the scale.

I only weigh and measure myself on the 2nd of each month (anniversary date of surgery). It helps to keep me from being discouraged and heightens the anticipation and excitement when I read the results.

Looks like we've got a lot of great success stories and much to be thankful for! Keep up the great work guys! It's going to be a great year for us :-). Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

I only weigh and measure myself on the 2nd of each month (anniversary date of surgery). It helps to keep me from being discouraged and heightens the anticipation and excitement when I read the results.

Good idea! I'm going to start doing that. Thanks!

Thanks please forgive the huge jeans lol I can't keep up with buying clothes.

Anyone have gallbladder issues before or after surgery? I'm almost 5months post open & think gallbladder is going ..so many symptoms appearing now...painful.

Anyone have gallbladder issues before or after surgery? I'm almost 5months post open & think gallbladder is going ..so many symptoms appearing now...painful.

So sorry about the pain. I had problems with my gallbladder when I was pregnant and know firsthand how painful it is. I haven't had mine removed but my bypass surgeon prescribed Actiga I have to take it twice a day for one year. Did your surgeon prescribe you anything.

My sister had bypass nine years ago and her surgeon removed her gallbladder at the same time he did her bypass n

I don't know if it's allowing us to post pictures anymore seems to be having problems with that but here I'll give it a try. <br><br><br><br><br>

You look awesome!!