Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok' date=' I've got to be honest here, I won't know if I don't ask. I use to smoke marajuana before surgery, I quit weeks before surgery and have not had it ever since. I just started smoking it about two years ago because of my gout and it gave me great relief, more than my meds. My question is, I will be 4 weeks out comes this Monday and I want to inhale so bad, but I'm scared it may do something to my recovery, but on the other hand because I've used it for healing in the past I want it. What are your honest opinion? If you are a smoker have you started back smoking again?[/quote']

I started smoking about two weeks after my surgery, I was nauseous ALL the time and I couldn't take it. It's really important to make sure not to eat tho cause of the munchies, I allow my self a bottle of Water lol. I had no negative problems. It effects me a lil more then it did before but that's bout it.

I started smoking about two weeks after my surgery' date=' I was nauseous ALL the time and I couldn't take it. It's really important to make sure not to eat tho cause of the munchies, I allow my self a bottle of Water lol. I had no negative problems. It effects me a lil more then it did before but that's bout it.[/quote']

How differently did it make you? Im 4 weeks out now, I have a doc appointment this week, I'm just going to ask the doctor, I tried Googling the effects of weed after WLS, LOL

OH and I never got the munchies in the past after smoking, I learned how to not eat afterwards,

How differently did it make you? Im 4 weeks out now' date=' I have a doc appointment this week, I'm just going to ask the doctor, I tried Googling the effects of weed after WLS, LOL

OH and I never got the munchies in the past after smoking, I learned how to not eat afterwards,[/quote']

Like I get high off of half of what I used to smoke to get high.. Just more potent I guess. Same with alcohol!

Like I get high off of half of what I used to smoke to get high.. Just more potent I guess. Same with alcohol!

Ok, cool..Thanks for your honesty input.

Getting closer to getting my date. I’m new to this app.... I do use pot for my pain.... However I was told to stop smoking because they do lab work prior to surgery. I don’t smoke out of tobacco wraps I use raw cones. What’s the risk? Especially if it’s noted in my charts that the pain meds gives me bad allergic reactions

Pot is legal in MA. I smoked it occasionally before surgery and smoke it occasionally now. I think the biggest risk is the munchies.

Ask your doctor Most MD will back their response with something resembling reasoning - reduced oxygen in blood flow. This thread began in 2013 and much has changed the last 6 years. Recreational use is legal where I reside.

I use weed for severe chronic pain. I don’t smoke it, I either use tinctures, Medibles, dry vape it or in my vape juice. The thing is can I continue once I have the op because I’m over the likes of oxy, tramadol, codeine etc and surely that is way worse post op?? So I’m in a bit of a stress zone and my anxiety is a little high.

Edited by Im_a_Loser

On 7/4/2013 at 11:48 AM, YoColeFleet said:

Edited by Zilzilla
Delete reply