Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 surgeries

feeling amazing! First summer I feel hot! my wife and I feel better than ever

You both look amazing!!!!!

How's everyone doing? I am almost 1 yr post op! August 6 is right around the corner... Well my stats are this...

HW: 350lbs

SW: 302lbs

CW: 175lbs

GW:130-150lbs (depending on skin...)

I still have a ways to go but I've lost a lot of weight and am feeling great. I am having some medical issues tho they aren't exactly caused by the surgery (far as I know) but having liver issues which idk if it's related to surgery or if I just got the short end of the stick and not found till after surgery but either way I'm praying for good results ... Don't look too good tho. Anyways hope you are all doing GREAT... Congrats to us all getting to our 1 yr surgiversary this month! Yay

How's everyone doing? I am almost 1 yr post op! August 6 is right around the corner... Well my stats are this...

HW: 350lbs

SW: 302lbs

CW: 175lbs

GW:130-150lbs (depending on skin...)

I still have a ways to go but I've lost a lot of weight and am feeling great. I am having some medical issues tho they aren't exactly caused by the surgery (far as I know) but having liver issues which idk if it's related to surgery or if I just got the short end of the stick and not found till after surgery but either way I'm praying for good results ... Don't look too good tho. Anyways hope you are all doing GREAT... Congrats to us all getting to our 1 yr surgiversary this month! Yay

Oh girl you are doing super good!!! I'm so happy for you! I pray your live gets better.

Well yes our one yr is just a few days away and I've not lost like you but I'm happy with wat I've lost.

Sw 321

Cw 216

Gw 170 n if i go lower even that ok :)

It's getting alot harder a I'm sure you no. And sometimes i find myself eating like i use to, but when i do i just right back on the wagon. I refuse too gain it back.

It's gonna be ok n I'm sooo happy for you again. :)

God bless :)

Ah one year check-in time. It's gone so fast. So many changes since then!

Hw: 406

Sw: 386

Cw: 275

Gw: 180

I really did not expect to continue losing through pregnancy, but I only stalled briefly and am back to my standard 2-3lb weight loss every week. I no longer look like I am losing weight as my bump grows, so it will be really interesting to see what shape I land in 2-3 month after delivery.

Congrats on your accomplishments, everyone! I don't know about you, but even with the struggles I still count this as one of the best decisions I ever made.

Btw, how's everyone on the hair regrowth situation? I still feel like I lose a lot, and I'm not aure whether it is the change in environment or the surgery.

Congrats to you to. :)

My hair don't come out like it use to. I take 10,000.00 mcg of Biotin. Best pill ever.

The year has gone by fast and I'd do it again. :)

Recently had my one year Surgerversary! Hw 328 SW 304 cw 183 :D went from a size 28 to a 12/14. I am feeling great, I got a shorter hair cut cause my hair is finally growing back and not falling out anymore and I have so much energy back!

1 year anniversary today. Sw 315 cw 202. Feeling amazing. Want to lose a little more but feeling great!!! Would do this over again in a second.

post-197180-0-97129300-1407527032_thumb.jpg

Had my 1hy. Surgaversary the 6th

Sw 321 cw 214. Besides my.knees n.back, everything else going great!!.i would do it again. I have so much energy, i am prob. Gonna let the dr do my knees replacements at the starting of winter. Then hopefully my knees will feel better.

Congrats to all of you. I'm glad you all are doing good. God bless :)

One year surgiversary today! Yay! Tomorrow I should find out how much I weigh. I think I am past the half way mark!

One year surgiversary today! Yay! Tomorrow I should find out how much I weigh. I think I am past the half way mark!

So how Did the dr. Visit go?

I sure no why they wasn't us to lose all we can before the yr. Is up. I find it so much harder now to lose. I have lost any in the last 2mths. I've got 50 more pounds to lose. I'm fighting a battle, because my mind wants the Same old foods n routine.. I for sure don't want to gain back 107lbs i lost.

So how Did the dr. Visit go?

I sure no why they wasn't us to lose all we can before the yr. Is up. I find it so much harder now to lose. I have lost any in the last 2mths. I've got 50 more pounds to lose. I'm fighting a battle, because my mind wants the Same old foods n routine.. I for sure don't want to gain back 107lbs i lost.

It went great! I had been hoping for another 9lbs down and was right on the money. So I've lost a total of 110lbs the first year, and 140lbs overall. I'm still just half way there and pregnant, so it's helping me keep on losing. I'm sure after December it will be a little tougher. But you know what? I'm really happy with all the changes so far.

I hope you can keep yourself on track and get to your goal! Try to stay positive and remember how far you have come!

I'm glad you are doing great. I am gonna start getting back on tract. This winter when i get my knees replaced i hope it helps me to the better. You take care of yourself! :)

How's everyone doing?! Here's an update. 8-6-13 I weighed 302 today I weigh 174 . My Hw was 350lbs . Went from size 24/26 pants 3/4xl shirts to size 8/10 pants and medium shirt. I have about 30lbs of excess skin trying to tighten but happy where I've came :)

Hello everyone.. Been a while and wanted to touch base

Hello everyone.. Just thought I would touch base and update everyone on how my wife and I are doing after 15 months since surgery.. haven't been on here in a while, and could use some feedback.. Well let's start with my wife, for those of you who aren't familiar with us, we both had our surgery on the same day. August 19, 2013, and She got her goal pretty fast, and actually became under weight over the summer, and is now working on putting a few pounds back on. she is 5'5 and got down to 125 lb.. she had since put on about 6 pounds, and what a difference that made.. She is doing great other than that.. I on the other hand have become dehydrated over the last few months, and had to go in for hydration therapy for 8 weeks, once a week 8 hours each time of iv fluids, and Vitamins... It wasn't so bad at first, but then quickly became a headache. Now I'm doing good, and pushing fluids much better now.. Fluids do really become your lifeline! Also I came to a major stall for about 3 months, and wasn't losing any weight at all, and it became very depressing and frustrating. My weight at the time of surgery was 320, and I hit a stall at 180. 2 weeks ago I saw my surgeon, and she prescribed me phentramine (a weight loss drug). Never in a million years did I ever think that after weight loss surgery, I would have to take a weight loss drug lol... Especially having the Roux - En- Y procedure.. Well after 2 weeks of being on this medication I went from 180, to 169, and since then my surgeon has increased the dose from 15mg to 30mg.. my goal is to get down to 135 lb. I haven't had any issues other than dehydration, and stalling. I can pretty much eat anything, nothing has disagreed with me except for milk, and Ice cream.. NOT milk products, just the actual milk and ice cream.. I tolerate lactose free milk, and milk products, just for some reason throw up when I actually drink regular milk.. I seem to tolerate any and everything else.. one thing I have noticed with myself is that as I loose weight, my center of gravity shifts, and It becomes very painful. My tailbone hurts when I sit, my butt goes numb, when sitting on the toilet, my legs and feet go numb.. I'm never cold like most people, I'm still always hot and sweaty lol.. My joints hurt more, and my legs become more restless when I'm sleeping.. This all seems to come when I begin to start loosing weight again.. It's so odd yet annoying.. currently I'm wearing size 8/10 jeans, size medium stretch pants, small/medium pajamas, yet my shirts are still size large mainy due to my bust, and my arms from the excess skin.. During this entire experience, I wasn't one of those people whose energy sky rocketed.. Actually I never got any extra energy at all.. I have never taken so many selfies in my entire life, self esteem Def went up, yet I hate what I see when I'm naked.. I haven't experienced any rashes that I hear can happen, except on occasion my belly button will get red and sore but nothing a little cream doesn't take care of.. so I'm wondering, is there anyone out there have any experiences like mine?? I lead a very different path with this surgery than my wife so I'm feeling kind of alone lol.. Hope everyone is doing well!

post-191596-14163054645208_thumb.jpg

post-191596-14163054802343_thumb.jpg

post-191596-14163055214177_thumb.jpg

post-191596-14163055353479_thumb.jpg

post-191596-14163055966327_thumb.jpg

post-191596-14163056082051_thumb.jpg

post-191596-14163056234159_thumb.jpg

post-191596-14163056339998_thumb.jpg

post-191596-14163056595278_thumb.jpg