Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss - pre-surgery

Hi,

I would say I am about 6 weeks through the program and so far have lost maybe 1 lb :cry .

My next weigh-in is Friday the 23rd. The process has been a little rushed as my Ins. carrier (Tufts) as of 3/7 will require a 1 full year supervised diet plan. Everything has been going well so far, but was told that one of the criteria for the ins. co. approval was seeing some weight loss. What if I can't do it?

Has anyone else had trouble losing the weight pre-surgery?

All the paperwork has to be submitted before the cut-off date of 3/7. I started the program mid Jan. If I have to wait the full year I will not be happy!

Any advise would be appreciated.

Hi Mary Rose,

I have Tufts and didn't have to lose any weight before they would submit my paper work. I have my date 3/19 and submitted all my paper work and had my approval by 1/12. I heard on the news that Tufts was changing their policy. Is it your Dr's office that makes you lose the weight before you can submit your paper work? I don't think it is Tufts.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy.

I agree, I think it's the office itself. The way it was put to me was try to lose some weight "for insurance". Maybe that is one of the considerations for being approved. I'm not sure, but the nutritionist stated she felt I was properly informed, etc. and on target and would be putting the paperwork through for approval seeing I only have a short time to get this thing approved, deadline 3/7/07 for Tufts.

I'm really, really trying hard this week. On my Protein shake in the AM and light lunch and dinner with NO snacks!

Thanks again Wendy. I'm going to keep on them to make sure things are moving along properly. So far I have done everything I am supposed to do, except for the weght loss, but I was told initially that they were "on top" of it and would make sure things progressed quickly enough in time for my approval. :)

This is the most trying for for me so far, the waiting...and all those tests!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches