Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled for May 17th with Stowers! Your surgery is tomorrow!!! Are you nervous?? How's the liquid diet? ?

I'm here at the hospital now. I'm actually not too nervous. But that's just how I am about things. Not sure where your faith is, but I trust in God and prayed for protection. I pray that you have a safe and speedy recovery. The liquid diet was not bad. I started a day early so a total of 8days. I've been practicing sipping for 2 months now and did not realize that I wasn't drinking enough Water. Dehydration has caused Constipation which is something I don't want to deal with going into surgery, but I'll be fine. You are more than welcome to connect with me if you have any questions. I will try to keep posting if I'm up to it.

I'm scheduled for May 17th with Stowers! Your surgery is tomorrow!!! Are you nervous?? How's the liquid diet? ?

Also just to let you know. Dr. Stowers is transitioning to allowing outpatient after surgery. I was told I have the option to leave tonight as long as I am drinking and walking fine. They gave some of us 3 options. Outpatient if your the right candidate, stay at the hospital, or they made reservations at the Candlewood Suites next door if you have a large family and would prefer something more comfortable. I'll have to see how I'm doing. I live in Prosper so the drive is not that bad and there's a hospital close by in Frisco and McKinney.

I had mine done in Lubbock, TX with Dr. David Syn. His office is like a well oiled machine. He and the staff are kind and very efficient. They work the process very quickly and will do everything they can to ensure your insurance approves you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Also just to let you know. Dr. Stowers is transitioning to allowing outpatient after surgery. I was told I have the option to leave tonight as long as I am drinking and walking fine. They gave some of us 3 options. Outpatient if your the right candidate, stay at the hospital, or they made reservations at the Candlewood Suites next door if you have a large family and would prefer something more comfortable. I'll have to see how I'm doing. I live in Prosper so the drive is not that bad and there's a hospital close by in Frisco and McKinney.

Oh wow good to know! Post surgery how are you feeling??? I'd love to get with you as I'm so nervous but praying everything goes well!!!

Yesterday
Oh wow good to know! Post surgery how are you feeling??? I'd love to get with you as I'm so nervous but praying everything goes well!!!

Ok, arrived here yesterday at 8am, was not called until about 1030. Not sure of the time of surgery, but was in an out in about 1hr & half. Yesterday was absolutely miserable. The pain from the hernia surgery was the worst. I was weak and cold all day. Again it was miserable, but I would do it again. This morning I'm doing much better, night and day. Things got better each hour. You must walk, walk, walk, and sip, sip all day and night. That helps alot. Don't expect to sleep much. I decided to stay at hospital, too tired & irratable to ride home. My wife stayed here, there's a pull out bed. My mom stayed at the hotel, which is paid by the hospital or Dr. Stowers office, that was good!.

Even thou I'm having gas pain now, I'm able to sit and watch TV and post. You will do fine, nothing to be nervous about. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Ok, arrived here yesterday at 8am, was not called until about 1030. Not sure of the time of surgery, but was in an out in about 1hr & half. Yesterday was absolutely miserable. The pain from the hernia surgery was the worst. I was weak and cold all day. Again it was miserable, but I would do it again. This morning I'm doing much better, night and day. Things got better each hour. You must walk, walk, walk, and sip, sip all day and night. That helps alot. Don't expect to sleep much. I decided to stay at hospital, too tired & irratable to ride home. My wife stayed here, there's a pull out bed. My mom stayed at the hotel, which is paid by the hospital or Dr. Stowers office, that was good!.

Even thou I'm having gas pain now, I'm able to sit and watch TV and post. You will do fine, nothing to be nervous about. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Awh. I'm glad to hear you're doing well! I love all of the accommodations his office makes. I'm so happy I went with him. After my consult with him, I knew he was the one! So did you not get a surgery time at your pre-op consult? They just have you waiting there? And when you did your edg, what was that like? Also, did you have to take time off for FMLA? how much was the fee? I was literally just made aware that they charge a FMLA fee. What it even for? Sorry for all of the questions! It's nice to have someone to ask that actually went through the same office!

Awh. I'm glad to hear you're doing well! I love all of the accommodations his office makes. I'm so happy I went with him. After my consult with him, I knew he was the one! So did you not get a surgery time at your pre-op consult? They just have you waiting there? And when you did your edg, what was that like? Also, did you have to take time off for FMLA? how much was the fee? I was literally just made aware that they charge a FMLA fee. What it even for? Sorry for all of the questions! It's nice to have someone to ask that actually went through the same office!

The office will contact a week before with your pre op and surgery schedule. The EGD was simple and quick. In all procedure they seem to go fast, it's just the waiting. I'm only taking this week and next week off. I guess it depends on how you manage everything and the type of work. My report time for the surgery was 9am but the called me later the day before and change it to 8am.

Right now, I'm just trying to get the gas pain away. You have to walk a min of 20 laps before they release you. I'm at 28 now. I need to do more to get this gas moving.

I did th ed EGD the day before.

I did th ed EGD the day before.

Suprise, suprise. Another question. I hear people saying their doctors users catheters.... does Dr.stowers???? What about a drain? Is there a drain in place?

Suprise, suprise. Another question. I hear people saying their doctors users catheters.... does Dr.stowers???? What about a drain? Is there a drain in place?

No drain, no catheters, or that drink test I hear people talking about. Now I'm assuming that's just him and not based on the individual patient. Just some FYI. The EGD was performed by Dr Wright, who is pretty cool. My nurse practitioner name was Burrell, also really good. I was amazed at how many nurses, and technicians who had the surgery. So the majority of people looking out for you actually experienced what you will be going thru. Today early Friday morning, I'm up, not in pain or nausea. I walked a mile yesterday so I slept pretty good. Keep on with the questions. Not a problem.

No drain, no catheters, or that drink test I hear people talking about. Now I'm assuming that's just him and not based on the individual patient. Just some FYI. The EGD was performed by Dr Wright, who is pretty cool. My nurse practitioner name was Burrell, also really good. I was amazed at how many nurses, and technicians who had the surgery. So the majority of people looking out for you actually experienced what you will be going thru. Today early Friday morning, I'm up, not in pain or nausea. I walked a mile yesterday so I slept pretty good. Keep on with the questions. Not a problem.

SO GOOD TO HEAR!!! I was praying that was the case. On the catheter thing and you feeling better! That's good. Especially since it's been only a couple of days.