Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh I know the feeling don't know what I'm gonna do but I have several Protein powders not buying no more

Mz Shay

Has anyone heard that anything over 30, I think, grams of Protein is not absorbed so it is useless to drink more than that?

Has anyone heard that anything over 30' date=' I think, grams of Protein is not absorbed so it is useless to drink more than that?[/quote']

According to my doctor - It depends on what protein source you are eating. If you eating synthetic protein - shakes/bars/drinks then yes you only absorb 30g. However we absorb all of our whole food Proteins - meat/eggs/beans.

According to my doctor - It depends on what Protein source you are eating. If you eating synthetic Protein - shakes/bars/drinks then yes you only absorb 30g. However we absorb all of our whole food Proteins - meat/eggs/beans.

Mine actually said 20 in the synthetic at a time. But she also said that drinking one shake or supplement a day is fine. No matter how far out you are if you want to stay close to your goal

Tcisme -- you said you liked the soy Protein powder because it has no taste. There are natural, no-taste whey Proteins, too and you can use them as you describe using the soy.

For me, the whey is the easiest to digest. I am pre-op but I've done at least one Protein shake a day for years. And I am down from 330 to 240 but several times now, each time I go below 240 -- overs several years, like 8 years, I bounce back up. My insulin needs work against going lower so I'm definitely doing the surgery asap -- a couple more insurance hoops to jump thru, last hoop on Nov 7th and then my surgeon will schedule.

anyway, try natural flavor whey Protein. I use raw. It's still processed but at very low temperatures which retains some of the nutrition lost when more heat and more process.

You can make any flavor shake you can imagine with natural flavor protein, too, but shakes are bulky. 8 ounces of Water, Protein Powder, maybe some frozen fruit, stevia, or raw chocolate powder -- this is what I do now but it ends up about 10 ounces of food and I don't think I wil be able to get it in post-op. Don't know what i'll do: teeny tiny Protein Shakes?

I am curious, where do you get natural whey Protein? I have chocolate and vanilla, but would like tasteless.

Unjury, Isopure, nectar and Plant fusion all have unflavored (not tasteless though). You can mix it with just about anything.

unjury, Isopure have chemicals in them. I am done adding chemicals to my body and I only use raw whey. I have never tried any of the flavors pear425 mentions because they are not organic.

Judyr, you asked 'where do you get natural whey?" If you mean natural flavor, most Whole Foods would have it. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, there are local, awesome grocery stores that carry natural flavor whey Protein -- even some sell it in bulk. Lately, the wholesaler -- and I have talked directly to the wholesaler -- can't buy any. It's like the secret of raw organic whey got out and someone bought out the market. This wholesaler supplies dairy products to much of the western half of USA so they are big and they told me they can't find it anywhere -- so the store that sold it in bulk can't sell it anymore.

I have been to many weight loss surgery support groups. I know many don't have my strong interest in organic and unprocessed foods -- by unprocessed, I mostly mean I eat a ton of fresh, local, organic greens. I do live in an area where fresh local organic greens are available year round at my farmers market. I know that post-op, it will be a long time, if ever, that I can do a raw kale smoothie but I can cook kale and puree it. Come to think of it, I am going to a required nutrition class at my bariatric surgery center in a week or so -- I will try to remember, for myself, to ask if I can eat pureed raw greens during the puree phase of post-op. One benefit of natural flavor whey: you can put it in everything and make any flavor you want if you want flavor.

I buy my raw organic unflavorted whole whey (I so not use isolates, which denudes some nutrients but I know Unjury, a big advertiser on this site, sells isolate. The human body needs the stuff denuded from the whey to make an isolate. whey isolate is really for body builders, not weight loss surgery but others on this site disagree with my focus on whole whey. And not everyone is committed to organic, as I am.

I have bought raw 100% USDA Protein online from Amazon andfrom a company called Protein 17. Now that I have tried raworganicwhey.com, that is all I want to use. Try different products and see if you notice the chemical taste in some of them. One of my first buys of whey was Isopure -- I thought whey isolate was good and the word 'pure' was good marketing. It pulled me in but I actually disliked Isopure and had a hard time using it up, but I did, cause it is not cheap.

The stuff I buy, raw organic whole whey protein, is not cheap and seems to be rising in price. Now that I am tightly focussed on being healthy, I'll skip lots of things before I still give up unprocessed, organic food. True, whey protein is processed but if you get it raw, they use a process that makes it eligible to be called raw. Why does being raw matter? I am not a raw foodie but I do eat more and more raw foods because raw foods don't have the nutrition cooked or processed out of them. Even pasteurizing denudes food.< /p>

Look at the ingredient lists of all the whey isolates. Why are all those chemicals in there? And learn about the sugar substitutes they use. They might not trigger dumping but they might be bad for you anyway.

Just want to acknowledge: the stuff I buy is not cheap. For several years, after rent and utilities, healthy, high quality unprocessed organic food is my budget priority.

Just want to acknowledge: the stuff I buy is not cheap. For several years' date=' after rent and utilities, healthy, high quality unprocessed organic food is my budget priority.[/quote']

I have been looking into an organic whey Protein product.I've always worried about chemicals in foods because of the many health problems in my family that I am attempting to avoid. Now that I'm making such a huge alterations to my body it concerns me even more. Thanks for the info. I will message you for more info.

I use egg whites as my main Protein spires for most days. I use double pasteurized egg white made to be put in drinks. I mix it with a power aid drink and turn a 0g drink into a 49g Protein Drink. It changes the texture a little' date=' but I don't taste it. Each pump gives you 3.3g Protein. I have learned not to shake you drink after adding the egg whites as it does create a foam. Since egg whites are a whole food protein the body absorbs it easier. They make a chocolate egg white and some people think it taste like chocolate milk.[/quote']

Where do you purchase this??

(Pre op) sw 341~cw 298~gw 140

Unjury' date=' Isopure have chemicals in them. I am done adding chemicals to my body and I only use raw whey. I have never tried any of the flavors pear425 mentions because they are not organic.

Judyr, you asked 'where do you get natural whey?" If you mean natural flavor, most Whole Foods would have it. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, there are local, awesome grocery stores that carry natural flavor whey Protein -- even some sell it in bulk. Lately, the wholesaler -- and I have talked directly to the wholesaler -- can't buy any. It's like the secret of raw organic whey got out and someone bought out the market. This wholesaler supplies dairy products to much of the western half of USA so they are big and they told me they can't find it anywhere -- so the store that sold it in bulk can't sell it anymore.

I have been to many weight loss surgery support groups. I know many don't have my strong interest in organic and unprocessed foods -- by unprocessed, I mostly mean I eat a ton of fresh, local, organic greens. I do live in an area where fresh local organic greens are available year round at my farmers market. I know that post-op, it will be a long time, if ever, that I can do a raw kale smoothie but I can cook kale and puree it. Come to think of it, I am going to a required nutrition class at my bariatric surgery center in a week or so -- I will try to remember, for myself, to ask if I can eat pureed raw greens during the puree phase of post-op. One benefit of natural flavor whey: you can put it in everything and make any flavor you want if you want flavor.

I buy my raw organic unflavorted whole whey (I so not use isolates, which denudes some nutrients but I know powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, a big advertiser on this site, sells isolate. The human body needs the stuff denuded from the whey to make an isolate. whey isolate is really for body builders, not weight loss surgery but others on this site disagree with my focus on whole whey. And not everyone is committed to organic, as I am.

I have bought raw 100% USDA Protein online from Amazon andfrom a company called Protein 17. Now that I have tried raworganicwhey.com, that is all I want to use. Try different products and see if you notice the chemical taste in some of them. One of my first buys of whey was Isopure -- I thought whey isolate was good and the word 'pure' was good marketing. It pulled me in but I actually disliked Isopure and had a hard time using it up, but I did, cause it is not cheap.

The stuff I buy, raw organic whole whey protein, is not cheap and seems to be rising in price. Now that I am tightly focussed on being healthy, I'll skip lots of things before I still give up unprocessed, organic food. True, whey protein is processed but if you get it raw, they use a process that makes it eligible to be called raw. Why does being raw matter? I am not a raw foodie but I do eat more and more raw foods because raw foods don't have the nutrition cooked or processed out of them. Even pasteurizing denudes food.< /p>

Look at the ingredient lists of all the whey isolates. Why are all those chemicals in there? And learn about the sugar substitutes they use. They might not trigger dumping but they might be bad for you anyway.[/quote']

I admire your conviction. I live in Wisconsin, and boy, we suffer for want of fresh vegetables in winter. I urge everyone to really research their needs and consult with his or her nutritionist for guidance. They are the best source for information. As far as tasteless protein, it's all I use. I mix it low calorie Vitamin Water and freeze it until icy cold....still not tasteless, but I find it much more palatable than sickly sweet shakes. If you're preop, I suggest getting samples, if possible. There's no accounting for taste after surgery.

I admire your conviction. I live in Wisconsin' date=' and boy, we suffer for want of fresh vegetables in winter. I urge everyone to really research their needs and consult with his or her nutritionist for guidance. They are the best source for information. As far as tasteless Protein, it's all I use. I mix it low calorie Vitamin Water and freeze it until icy cold....still not tasteless, but I find it much more palatable than sickly sweet shakes. If you're preop, I suggest getting samples, if possible. There's no accounting for taste after surgery.[/quote']

I could eat pureed, cooked greens, but didn't have room for much after I ate Protein. At that stage, I could only eat about 1/8 to 1/4 c. at a time...