Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just dont think I can do these Protein Shake anymore. I am so frustrated to the point Of almost crying. Having why did I even have this surgery moments. I am serious. Even looking at the cup I drink out of makes me sick. I have tried about every type too.

I 100% understand what you are feeling. 6 days after my surgery I felt the exact same way. I could only drink Water and force down Protein Shakes bc everything else I couldn't stand to even think of having like Popsicles, broth or Jello. I broke down in tears and questioned myself and kept thinking why did I do this to myself. Trust me when I say, that moment passes. I talked to a friend who's been there and I took the time to reflect back on all the reasons of why I chose this surgery in the first place. Take a deep breathe, reflect on why you decide to do this and know that this will pass. Completely normal to feel that way. Keep your head up and know not only will this pass but it will all be worth it.

I 100% understand what you are feeling. 6 days after my surgery I felt the exact same way. I could only drink Water and force down Protein shakes bc everything else I couldn't stand to even think of having like Popsicles' date=' broth or Jello. I broke down in tears and questioned myself and kept thinking why did I do this to myself. Trust me when I say, that moment passes. I talked to a friend who's been there and I took the time to reflect back on all the reasons of why I chose this surgery in the first place. Take a deep breathe, reflect on why you decide to do this and know that this will pass. Completely normal to feel that way. Keep your head up and know not only will this pass but it will all be worth it.[/quote']

I am 8 weeks out.... I am just very frustrated.

I'm a little over 3 weeks out. When can you start having puréed foods? I think that will help too.

Tomorrow is a new day and hoping its better for you than today. My dr recommended Protein Shots when I told her I was having issues with the shakes. There are a couple different brands and favors. It's a little under 4oz and about 40g of Protein. I've seen them at a couple different stores. Not the best tasting things but helps get your protein in. Also try different shakes. For example ones that are like an iced tea or lemonade. Not sure where you're from but I know Nashua Nutrition, which is in NH, also had a website. I've tried a few samples and they aren't bad. A different take on the shakes and good protein.

Tomorrow is a new day and hoping its better for you than today. My dr recommended Protein shots when I told her I was having issues with the shakes. There are a couple different brands and favors. It's a little under 4oz and about 40g of Protein. I've seen them at a couple different stores. Not the best tasting things but helps get your protein in. Also try different shakes. For example ones that are like an iced tea or lemonade. Not sure where you're from but I know Nashua Nutrition' date=' which is in NH, also had a website. I've tried a few samples and they aren't bad. A different take on the shakes and good protein.[/quote']

Thanks for the support. I will have to look one the web for that.

Going thru the same . Had surgery 3/27 and I cant stand Protein I want to vomit when I think I have 2 drink.. Had different flavor now trying unflavored because chocolate break my face, vanilla I'm tired .. And it is 3 time @ day .. On puréed stage ..

I've tried the unflavored one as well. Not as much Protein as a shake however you can put it in anything to boost Protein like yogurt or even Water.

I do the unflavored. But not getting enough protein. with it. I wouldn't put it in Water. Still has a smell. And the smell is what gets me.

Suggestions:

mix the unflavored with something that has a stronger flavor or smell.

Garlic/onions/peppers. in mashed potatoes and stir in some Protein powder and powdered milk

you could also mix it in a chili after its cooled some.

Ohyeah! shakes.. they are lactose free and amazing. 32 grams and you really dont taste anything.

the banana is the best followed by Cookies and creme.

PB2 in your shakes. its powdered Peanut Butter with alo less fat than regular.

I am still pre op but have been researching like a mo-fo and trying everything.

I do the unflavored. But not getting enough Protein. with it. I wouldn't put it in Water. Still has a smell. And the smell is what gets me.

The smell...is the freaking worst....keeping it cold seems to help, also a bottle with a small opening seems to help (so you nose isn't all up in the nastiness in the glass)

Good luck!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 221.6

Try a different Protein Drink. The Atkins ones are ok. Also the chocolate Body Fortress powder at Walmart mixed with almond milk is really good. Tastes like yummy chocolate milk. If you're a coffee lover you can also mix it with some Decaf coffee and ice and make like a mocha milkshake. That's what I've been doing and it's totally saved me.

I do the unflavored. But not getting enough Protein. with it. I wouldn't put it in Water. Still has a smell. And the smell is what gets me.

The smell makes me gag sometimes too. Instead of drinking it out of a glass I pour it into a regular water bottle with a nice small opening at the top so that I never smell it before it goes down. Also I make sure I'm doing something else while drinking it so I'm not thinking about the smell (getting ready for work)- maybe multi tasking like that might help you forget?