Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@RebeccaRN I just had sleeve to bypass revision on 10/21. So far so good no surgical complications. My heartburn is still alive and still on medicine. I take my Vitamins religiously. I am losing weight at the "normal" rate. I was nervous as well, but happy with my decision.

@@nailsbyniki I hope you feel better soon

Congrats and God bless your recovery. Lord willing, I'll have revision from sleeve to gb for unrealistic bouts of daily acid reflux, regurgitation at night during sleep and excruciating chest pains. Im praying that this will fix it as my surgeon said that it would! I've been distressed this way since day 1 postop. I pray that yours gets better. Are you scared that it's not gone away since your new surgery? Have they given you a time line when you will get relief, but i am assuming that's why you were revised? Glad you're doing well. Sorry for all the questions but ty for answers:)

That's the plan @@nailsbyniki to stay the course. Not saying that complications can't arise even doing everything right. Thank you!

@@DeezJeanz I was told it could take a few months to resolve. I didn't take a pill for it and I was burning after taking Vitamin and had not eaten. I was miserable until midday. Not scared yet! Thank you for the well wishes. I will be 5 weeks out on Thursday and 26lbs down total. No weight loss last week.

I had the sleeve done in 2009 and I lost about 70lbs but in the past year I have regained most of the weight back. I am now in the process of doing all the pre testing to do the bypass but i have so many concerns that I'm just confused as to weather I should have the surgery. I keep hearing that having revision surgery puts you at a higher risk for complications and gastric leak. I keep telling myself that its just like having any other surgery and there will always be a risk but I'm still scared to death. Has anyone here had sleeve to gastric bypass revision? I hope to here from someone just to hear from someone that had gone through the experience and maybe can share some pointers.

This is a closed/secret group for everyone who is going to have bypass surgery in February 2016!

We would LOVE to have you join in wit us! Just go to Facebook and search my name LaNae Davis Petersen, send me a friend request. I can then send you an invite to secret page and then I'll remove you back off my friends list :)

It's meant to be a positive group who we can all be going through the same things at the same tim on this journey! The goals will be to provide support, bounce questions off each other, have somewhere safe to share on the days that aren't so great, and share our victories on this journey!

MOST importantly it's all confidential, unless you are in this group people can't see the group, who's in it or what the posts are.

I'm so happy I found this topic I am also going from sleeve to bypass , short version my sleeve twisted do to the scaring from the lap band revision, my surgery is on March 21st

Yes I had the revision, but lately I have found that Water bombing helps to restart your sleeve, pouch regardless of its size you should consider this before further surgery, just google water bombing for dummies.

I had the sleeve done in 2009 and I lost about 70lbs but in the past year I have regained most of the weight back. I am now in the process of doing all the pre testing to do the bypass but i have so many concerns that I'm just confused as to weather I should have the surgery. I keep hearing that having revision surgery puts you at a higher risk for complications and gastric leak. I keep telling myself that its just like having any other surgery and there will always be a risk but I'm still scared to death. Has anyone here had sleeve to gastric bypass revision? I hope to here from someone just to hear from someone that had gone through the experience and maybe can share some pointers.

@@nailsbyniki yes I'm so miserable I've just finished my pre-admission testing this post Monday on the 7th of March and is being revised on March 16th.... I'm praying for a better outcome from this surgery especially getting some relief from this darn GERDS

How did your surgery go? Hope all is well

That's great

Congratulations!

I'm really glad I found this thread. My story, had the sleeve in July 2014 at 300 pounds, got down to 210 by July of the following year but have been stuck there since. Gain & lose the same 5 pounds no matter what I do. Have tried increasing/decreasing calories, switching up exercising - you name it I've tried it but I'm stuck and frustrated. It seems like my body decided 210 was the weight it wants to stay at. I never had the big weight loss from the sleeve like I expected. When people were dropping big weight in the beginning months, my was coming off at a snails pace. I also never felt like I had the tight restriction most people spoke about. When we started eggs, most were like "I can only eat a couple bites" and I could eat 1 without any issues and not feel full. I honestly didn't feel like I even had a surgery. I can eat anything without issues and more of it at a time than I ever thought I would be able to after the sleeve surgery.

So I'm not looking at possibly going for a revision from sleeve to bypass, but I have a couple questions for those that have been through it.

What is your restriction from the pouch like compared to the sleeve?

What was your starting weight when you had the revision and how much have you been able to lose since the revision?

Do you have any issues with foods after the bypass that you didn't have with the sleeve?

Do you regret the revision or happy with your results?

I appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Thanks,

Tracy

I'm really glad I found this thread. My story, had the sleeve in July 2014 at 300 pounds, got down to 210 by July of the following year but have been stuck there since. Gain & lose the same 5 pounds no matter what I do. Have tried increasing/decreasing calories, switching up exercising - you name it I've tried it but I'm stuck and frustrated. It seems like my body decided 210 was the weight it wants to stay at. I never had the big weight loss from the sleeve like I expected. When people were dropping big weight in the beginning months, my was coming off at a snails pace. I also never felt like I had the tight restriction most people spoke about. When we started eggs, most were like "I can only eat a couple bites" and I could eat 1 without any issues and not feel full. I honestly didn't feel like I even had a surgery. I can eat anything without issues and more of it at a time than I ever thought I would be able to after the sleeve surgery.

So I'm not looking at possibly going for a revision from sleeve to bypass, but I have a couple questions for those that have been through it.

What is your restriction from the pouch like compared to the sleeve?

What was your starting weight when you had the revision and how much have you been able to lose since the revision?

Do you have any issues with foods after the bypass that you didn't have with the sleeve?

Do you regret the revision or happy with your results?

I appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Thanks,

Tracy

Hi hear you I was similar with the sleeve, restriction with my mini bypass, is better and my gerd reflux is gone no medication, I live a very normal life now eat drink everything only hot tea gives me small dumping, I would recommend it, but first of all try the pouch rules for dummies, drinking Water more before you really decide, goodluck