Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

So excited today! I ran on the treadmill today for the first time in my life!! I was scared of falling and my butt cheeks felt like they were going to fall off, but I did it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I weighed less than my husband today!

Today I took a pic with my boo for the first time since we started dating. Even though I'm pretty decent looking I felt very conscious about taking pics with him because he has always been in great shape even modeled and did competitive body building. I always feared I wouldn't look good next to his perfect Adonis body. He has never made me feel bad about my weight and has been in my life since I was a larger person. And is my biggest supporter in my fitness and health journey. I couldn't help smiling when I saw that I look small next to him. Made my insecurities disappear. Funny how we handicap our own selves with negative thoughts. And if you don't good for you. I still go to 3x section when I go shopping. But today I'm happy.

[attachment=65671:ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1476473801.255709.jpg

I have always wanted boots, but could never find ones that would fit because of my calves and swollen ankles. Today I am wearing leggings and boots in public for the first time ever. Yay for confidence!

That is my same problem. I am 7 weeks post op vsg and just started working out at the gym. 7 weeks I have lost 40lbs. But my thighs and calves are very fat and I can not find boots to fit. Did you do exercises to lose in calves?

Edited by southernmom

Being at my skinny friend's house and borrowing her sweatpants. (after playing in the snow with her and her kids)

Best thing ever is that at 3.5 months since surgery my A1C went from 8.9 to 7.7. I am now only taking 40 units of insulin instead of 200 units. I feel better, wear smaller clothes (no longer in plus sizes) and can finally wear boots.

It has been 10days since my surgery and I am battling with wanting to eat so bad. These liquids are not helping one bit. Anyone has any advice?

Keep your hands and mind busy. liquid phase is hard. It passes. All the best

It has been 10days since my surgery and I am battling with wanting to eat so bad. These liquids are not helping one bit. Anyone has any advice?

the only thing that keep my mind off eating was doing other things i love i love movies so i seen every movie you can think of. and with my liquid diet i did do a lot of broth base Soups Panara was my friend.

Not 100% sure if this is a NSV or a crackdown on underage drinking, but I was carded twice while buying alcohol recently. I'm 36 years old and haven't been carded in at least 5 years! I know I look much better now maybe I'm looking younger?

OHHH where to start, where to start?! I was able to go to the movies and fit between BOTH arm rests COMFORTABLY. I am now in a 2x!!! down from a 5x... Yes, I am going to cheat here and this is (kind of) a scale victory, but I am nearly at my high school weight!!!!!! the lowest I EVER REMEMBER BEING!!!!! I was able to walk my dog down the hill and back up it without being inches of my death (dramatic much?) by the end of the uphill walk. I was breathing hslightly heavy but NOTHING like before. I no longer have shopping anxiety.

I've had a few of these NSVs ...

1-I can cross my legs again, like a lady - not like all awkward and uncomfortable!!

2-I fit so much more comfortably at the movies and with the armrests down ... there's actually room in the seat now.

3-I fit in the stadium seats - and not just barely, but comfortably!

4-My next NSV to find out this week .... how I fit in the airplane seats ... I'll report back after my upcoming trip.

I'm wearing a shirt today that is NOT PLUS-SIZE! First time in 25 years. This is blowing my mind, in a good way!