Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

Running two miles in the amount of time it took me to run 1.5 in July :D I am 5 weeks out as of today and 40 lbs down.

Im training for my first half marathon which is set for Sept 11th of this year! My 1 year post op is September 30th!

Who woulda thought that in ONE year I went from "the fat girl who couldn't run" to "100 pounds down going 13.1"

I am so excited for the challenge. I could barely walk a 27 minute mile before, now I can run almost 5 miles without having to stop. My fastest mile is 7:30 now :)

How was your half?

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm only 9 days post op but my bed has stopped creaking every time I move! It seems silly but it is a NSV for me because I share my bedroom with my 10 month old daughter, and it used to be that every time I rolled over she cried, and if I had to get out of bed, it woke her up. We are both sleeping so much better!

I finally built up enough endurance to do a 5k! This was a huge goal for me considering a year ago it was difficult to even try a mile.

post-285447-14764738021079_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steph~L~16

Most recent NSV....being able to take a picture one time and not nitpick everything about it. Also having candid pictures taken of you at an event and not chasing down the person with the camera to delete the photos

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Good morning Y'all.

I love this thread! my best NSV this week was putting on one of my husbands sweatshirts and having it be big and baggy!!! it actually fit like a husband's shirt is supposed to! lol... made me feel like a tiny little wife!

keep up the good work all!!!

Wore a dress yesterday with no shorts or spanxs and didn't start a fire with my thighs rubbing together cus they didn't rub!!! :-)~ lol yaaay!!!

I can't wait for my tighs to keep to their own sides!!

Nilla

This may be silly, but I am loving being able to scratch my entire back! OMG-and yoga? I am so addicted to yoga now! Never in a million years would I have guessed I'd become a yoga person!

My surgery date is Dec1 2016 looking forward to all the things you all are doing. Hoping to get enough weight off to avoid another knee replacement although I have no cartilage in the knee I may not be able to avoid it. looking forward to not needing a seat belt extender on the plane when I travel. Great triumphs all!!!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

My surgery date is Dec1 2016 looking forward to all the things you all are doing. Hoping to get enough weight off to avoid another knee replacement although I have no cartilage in the knee I may not be able to avoid it. looking forward to not needing a seat belt extender on the plane when I travel. Great triumphs all!!!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

If the cartilage is gone, you will still need a replacement; however, you may find that you can put it off a lot longer. That's the case for me. I'm down about 175lbs and while my knees are still shot, and I have limited mobility in them, the pain is GREATLY reduced. I no longer have any plans to get them replaced in the near future.

Funny thing is, it didn't help my hip at all. So that sucker is getting replaced in January. Looking forward to a lower risk of complications and a faster recovery thanks to the loss of all that excess weight!

My grand-daughter can put her arms around me, someone asked my son if I was his girlfriend, I have a really bad back but I sit with my legs crossed anyway!! I sometimes sit with one leg under me, I don't think everyone is staring at me when I eat! I can cut my toenails and paint them!! People don't recognize me until I speak!

As winter is just about to begin where I live, I got out my winter clothes from storage,and a tight jacket is now a coat...not even exaggerating cant wait to wear it, also so many things that haven't fitted for a couple of years are now a perfect fit! I have a new wardrobe without even shopping :)