Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

Today was exciting for me because my son and I worked out together today, and we did exercises his football team did during practice. We RAN around their football stadium, including the bleachers. I haven't ran anywhere in 20 years. Then we lifted weights together, and his workout was challenging. Then later in the evening we ran around our neighborhood. I think I'm becoming addicted to running.

I no longer have to shop in the "woman's" section... I can shop in the Jr or Misses section! woo hoo!!!!

I went on vacation last week and was able to ride a rollercoaster with my son and I fit!!! No more embarassing trips out of the ride because I couldn't fit or get the belt buckled!!!

The best NSV moment for me is realizing the skinny lady in the mirror is me, and men run to open doors for me.

When I was still in the hospital and they had me up and walking, I noticed I was feeling really POWERFUL.

Now I am only 17 days post-op and I feel like I can do anything.

My diabetes is no longer an issue, and nothing can hold me back.

Was walking through my neighborhood-I passed a neighbor and she said "OMG...I didn't even know that was you!" :o :)

I went to my PCP today, and she was astounded at my success. But I was so excited when the nurse was taking my blood pressure, and did not reach for the extra large cuff. She was able to use the normal adult size cuff!! That felt wonderful!!!!

Been working on weight loss these past three months.

Still don't have a surgery date but I'm guessing it'll be in December or January.

Was getting dressed this morning and noticed I'd just skipped a couple spots on the belt. That was a nice reminder that things are going okay.

Dn7fn0g.png?1

Edited by Dub

Wore size 18 capris today. 9 weeks ago I was a size 26.

Today I went to my family reunion and most of my family didn't even know who I was at first. They would walk right past me, until I spoke to them.

Today I went to my family reunion and most of my family didn't even know who I was at first. They would walk right past me, until I spoke to them.

I had that happen at my family reunion this year!! It's a wonderful and interesting feeling haha

The nurse had to use an extra small cuff to take my bp.

I looked down and low and behold, my thighs don't touch. I have a thigh gap!

The nurse at my go thought I was the wrong patient because I'd lost 100 pounds.

Lots of people don't recognize me.

Asking the sales ladies at stores to bring smaller sizes.

Getting around a table without anyone having to move their chair.

Wearing a bikini and swimming with my kids.

well, this is related to the scale, but still a nsv lol

i hadn't logged on here in a while and decided to update my ticker. it moved me to tears to have a visual representation of my journey. when you're a noob and you see everyone's success, you think, wow they've come so far and i'm just beginning! but, oh, when *your* ticker finally moves and even gets to the halfway mark, it feels soooooo great! i'm 71lbs from my highest weight, 48 from surgery. woohoo!!