Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

Went swim suit shopping. Grabbed a 20 for kicks and it fit. It didn't fit like I wanted it to, but it fit comfortably and that is all that matters. I started my journey squeezing into a 24. I haven't fit into a 20 in almost 18 years.

Just think, a year from now and 20s will be far far far in your rear view window!! :)

I just had my 2 year surgaversary in June. I kept one piece of clothing from my largest size, a pair of size 24 petite (oxymoron anyone?) Jeans that I could barely zip up. I am now a zero or two petite depending on cut and actually bought double zero jeans (boyfriend style) from Lucky a couple weeks back. I still pull out my old jeans and plan to use them when I slip. I've done well maintaining but in my mind this is a journey that never ends.

Congratulations on your new suit, enjoy swimming and have a fabulous summer!!!

You go girl! I love to hear these stories! It gets me hope that it's coming!

OK so big (for me) NSVs 24 hours. 1) someone at work who didn't know I had surgery and who I don't see very often saw me yesterday and said "you look good. Are u losing weight?". Why yes. Yes I am. I told her I had gastric bypass. I have told everyone. I am not embarrassed! 2) I mentioned to my good friend my pants were falling down and she said "not that we are talking about u behind your back and always staring at your butt but so and so and I were just saying this morning ghat your butt has gone down a lot!". Funny. I had just noticed the same thing myself. 3) I finally bought a fitness band today (I decided on Garmin Vivosmart). They come in small and large wrist sizes so I asked the sales guy to open one because I worried the small wouldn't fit. He looked at me. And looked at my wrists and said "no u definitely have small wrists". Umm can I tell u how many bracelets I have returned because they will not fit my wrist? Anyway, tried one on and yep the small fit!! Barely but just enough to get both the posts snapped and I figured it should fit even better soon. This is a silly one I know but it made me feel good. Tomorrow I am going to wear my new fitness band to walk a 2 Mile bridge here in town with my sister. One if my goals was rotten that bridge. Now I'm not sure I can go all the way across and all the way back but after a 40 minute walk today, I know I can go at least halfway - provided my stupid foot holds up. So far so good today after this morning's walk. Have had 2 acupuncture treatments in it so maybe it's working!! It hurt like crazy yesterday!!

Edited by Daisee68

I was getting ready for church and went to look for a dress to wear. I found a dress that I had from before I was married or had children (I think it's 15 years old). I didn't think that it would fit, but I decided to try it. Perfect fit. I couldn't believe my eyes. That means that is the smallest thing in my closet so I think a shopping trip is going to have to take place soon!

Yesterday and today, I decided that instead of wearing baggy clothes to the gym, i decided to wear a sports tank top with the bra it and workout capris. I would have never worn something like that showed all my curves, but after all my hard work, it time to show it. Plus the top was a XL, when i use to wear a 4X just 7 months ago.

I agree with you, no more baggy clothes... you worked hard, you earned and you DESERVE it!!! So happy you did that for yourself, turned some heads also I am sure, lol!!!

Yesterday and today, I decided that instead of wearing baggy clothes to the gym, i decided to wear a sports tank top with the bra it and workout capris. I would have never worn something like that showed all my curves, but after all my hard work, it time to show it. Plus the top was a XL, when i use to wear a 4X just 7 months ago.

Yesterday I tried on a size 20 jean... and I am about 10 lbs away from being able to comfortably wear them. I went from a size 26/28 down to almost a 20 in around 2 months!!!!

I wore a pair of pants this weekend that I have not been able to wear in six months

I walked from my car to the baseball field at my grandsons game without it killing me and without being completely embarrassed

I am on my way to buy a new pair of samples because mine are too big!!

Walked a little over 15,000 steps today, that 10.35 klm or 6.43miles! It was just two weeks ago i was doing 10k steps max a day, and i had a mini goal of 15k steps a day to be reached in 3 months.. Whoa! I never ever imagined i'd be at target already :) im super excited and now eyeing off 20k steps a day as my next target :D

My rings are starting to become loose on my fingers. And, I have hips! Saw them in the mirror today, the hourglass is hidden under there after all!

4 milish hike with the family today and I was in the lead for the first time ever and I was jogging some of it!

post-244024-14372714124871_thumb.jpg

Wore size 30/31 American Apparel jean shorts today. Anybody familiar with that brand probably knows how notoriously small they run.

I am 5 weeks post op and when I went into Home Depot the line closest to my parking space was LONG so I walked to the other end of the store to the self-checkout and out the delivery bay and the long trec to my car by the garden center. Pretty sure I would still be waiting in line and it felt great to walk and not feel like the weight of the world was on me!!! Oh and I didn't lean on my basket the whole time! Yay for me!!