Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

This is inspiring to me as it is not all about the scale victories! I’m 12 weeks out today and haven’t had many Non scale Victories (NSV’s) yet! One big one was last week and I didn’t need a seat belt extension on one leg of the flight! My 5x clothes are starting to get loose on me which is a good thing. I wanted to post here so when I start chalking up all my NSV’s I remember how far I have come. At this time I still use beach towels, wear a size 30 but can get into my 28’s now. I usually sit while I’m in the shower, still don’t sit in a booth and chairs with arms at restaurants make me nervous. I can’t get down the airplane isle without bumping into people on each side. It doesn’t help to turn sideways either as I’m wide both ways. I still pull myself up the banister to get up the stairs. I can’t really shop or go site seeing as I get winded too easily. I have to lean on my shopping cart to get around the store. Okay, this is sounding like a laundry list of why I had the surgery and it is. I’ve noticed all of the posts on here about those that have crossed these hurdles and had major NSV’s! Bring it on!

Carol,

This all sounds like me before October 14, 2013. I can sympathize. Now I am 6 months out from RNY surgery and have none of these problems. You can be that person too! Just wait.

This is inspiring to me as it is not all about the scale victories! I’m 12 weeks out today and haven’t had many Non scale Victories (NSV’s) yet! One big one was last week and I didn’t need a seat belt extension on one leg of the flight! My 5x clothes are starting to get loose on me which is a good thing. I wanted to post here so when I start chalking up all my NSV’s I remember how far I have come. At this time I still use beach towels, wear a size 30 but can get into my 28’s now. I usually sit while I’m in the shower, still don’t sit in a booth and chairs with arms at restaurants make me nervous. I can’t get down the airplane isle without bumping into people on each side. It doesn’t help to turn sideways either as I’m wide both ways. I still pull myself up the banister to get up the stairs. I can’t really shop or go site seeing as I get winded too easily. I have to lean on my shopping cart to get around the store. Okay, this is sounding like a laundry list of why I had the surgery and it is. I’ve noticed all of the posts on here about those that have crossed these hurdles and had major NSV’s! Bring it on!

When I started my journey 9 months ago I was wearing a 5x. I am now in a 2x. I was wearing 10w shoe and now wear a 10. I used to wear a 9 so I am curious to see if I go down a size.

I've enjoyed so many NSV over the past nine months and I have no doubt you will too.

On a side note I sold half my 5x clothes on eBay and netted over $450. I still have the other half to list which I will probably do in the next couple of months. Clothing that wasn't up to snuff to sell I donated to GoodWill. I loved walking in there one day to see some of my clothes and shoes for sale. It made me feel good inside. I know first hand how hard it is to find good quality used clothes at a good price.

Happy NSV to come!

Thank you very much, Ladies for your support and inspiration. Jeanaluvskisses, thinndskies and Gingersnaps! You have great reminders of NSV's. I've started a list of all the NSV accomplishments I would like to see and many of the ones listed here are reminders of items to put on my list. Like you have said, it may not be just a clothing or shoe size but ease of movement, walking without puffing or the ability to get up out of a chair easily. I'm looking forward to following this thread in the weeks, months and years to come as I progress and experience many successes on my new journey.

Today I was able to weed and haul 25lbs of compost to my garden several times. Getting ready to plant my Tomato seedlings. It's very good therapy to take my mind off eating or what I can't eat anymore and put my mind on eating for health.

Today I realized that my boobs stick out farther than my tummy. Yahoo!!!

Edited by jacileggs

Today I realized that my boobs stick out farther than my tummy. Yahoo!!!

My dad used to tell me that I was fine as long as this was the case. It hasn't been the case for a long, long time but will again soon. Thank you for sharing, jacileggs.

I had a scale victory today but not weight wise. I forgot to weigh myself two days in a row. I normally weigh every day which drives me crazy but I can't help it. I've not worried much about it for the past two days which feels nice.

You are going to have an amazing adventure! Have fun! Wish I was in Cali!

I had a ball! It went by way too fast! My biggest fear was driving to and from the airport multiple times alone but I managed the first time and felt comfortable after that. :-)

You will have so much fun! Use this as time to get to know yourself all over again! Make sure you have a car charger for your cell phone, be aware of your surroundings and most importantly be safe!

I had a good time! Did not have a car charger but made sure my phone was fully charged every night. I felt completely safe the whole time. This trip was a great ego and confidence booster! :-)

Carol,

This all sounds like me before October 14, 2013. I can sympathize. Now I am 6 months out from RNY surgery and have none of these problems. You can be that person too! Just wait.

Me too. I finally have moved from in the twenties to the teens (18). I was so excited I couldn't believe it, and I went from 4x to anywhere from x large, large, or medium depending on the way they are made.

I was picking up my daughter from daycare when this guy shouted "Happy Birthday"! I said it's not my birthday. He said "it must be your birthday because you are looking too good for it to be any other day"! I said thanks and walked away shaking my head and laughing.

I get compliments all the time from men and I have been married for 17 years. They tell me I look like a movie star! Sometimes its uncomfortable because I feel like an object. My bff told me to embrace the new me and keep moving forward!

I am wearing a size small dress today!! I am shocked! I never imagined I would fit in a large or medium, let alone a small!

@vens1920 What a pickup line! Maybe you should start collecting them for a book or something! Sounds like he was responding to the confidence you have...

Congrats!

@ Ginger snap

You might be on to something about the pick up lines. Maybe I will start a thread "What is the craziest pick up line you ever heard"!

I am so psyched! Went to The Lord and Taylor outlet and bought a Michael Kors blazer in a size 10 and an Oleg Cassini dress in a 12! I was in a tight 24 last year. I am still losing-- slowly-- but if I never lose another pound I am soooo happy !