Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

They may be afraid to say anything since they don't know what surgery you had. Some people are secretive when they have cancer surgery and when people see weight loss it's not always for the best.

Hi kata, I was worried that people might think this so I made sure I told them I wasn't ill and am now fully recovered. They know I'm eating healthly and not eating any of the biscuits/cakes they keep bringing in so I'm pretty sure they don't think I'm ill at all. Plus when others say how well I look I make sure, after thanking them, I say how well I feel. So I don't really understand it. One of them is quite catty and passed comments about other peoples weight in front of me so I think she may have some issues of her own.

Edited by UK-Molly

Yes, I think you are right then. It's too bad that fellow sisters can't be encouraging.

Congratulations! Several people became pregnant in our group as well right after surgery! It should be on the list of things that no one told you about when having this surgery!

It was mentioned in my nurse education class. My program was VERY thorough. :-)

It was mentioned in mine as well, in fact they won't perform the surgery here unless you are on birth control, I had to get an iud first

It was mentioned in mine as well, in fact they won't perform the surgery here unless you are on birth control, I had to get an iud first

Fortunately it's a non-issue for me. I had my husband fixed. Lol

Seriously, I'm too old to get pregnant. :-)

I used to have to pull my seat belt out as far as it would go. If i had gained any more weight I would have needed an extender. Today ( six months post op and 110 lbs lost) I realized how much easier it is to buckle up and I have so much more length left to pull it across my chest.

One it the things that would stress me out was driving in someone else's vehicle because I worried if it was going to be difficult getting into smaller sedans and if the seatbelt would fit.

My sister wanted me to go with her to pick out new glasses but her car was in the shop and my son needed to use my van so we had to use her mother-in-laws small sedan. I couldn't believe how easy it was getting in and out of her car and how easy it was to buckle up.

I can pull my pants up to my boobs now.

Lol! Don't know if that is really a NSV! More of a 'What Not to Wear' situation! :-D

Yesterday I found some DKNY jeans that I LOVED. I'm in a sz10 now but they only had a sz8 so I tried it on and it was too big. I looked for a sz6 but they didn't have any left in that size. I was elated about the size but bummed because I couldn't get them in a size that fit me.

That being said, no I am not a sz6 or even as sz8 - I am comfortably a sz10. That style of jeans ran big. But it was pretty awesome to think that sz8 was too big for someone who used to wear a very tight-fitting sz22-24 just last Spring! :-)

Cross my legs, love my collar bone, smaller fingers and smaller toes, no more red marks around my belly when I wear pants that fit snug, (wearing size 11 pants now) no sweating when I walk, I can keep up with my kids, my kids can finally wrap their arms around me to hug me, I fit my teenagers clothes) I fit in a one seat on a bus or train without spilling myself into the next seat. So many other things, let's just say I am so happy that I chose to take my life back....who knew I was under all of that:)

Lol! Don't know if that is really a NSV! More of a 'What Not to Wear' situation! :-D

Naw. Finding humor in your weight loss is always an NSV :-).

Today I noticed it was easier to dry myself off when I got out of the shower...

Yesterday I found some DKNY jeans that I LOVED. I'm in a sz10 now but they only had a sz8 so I tried it on and it was too big. I looked for a sz6 but they didn't have any left in that size. I was elated about the size but bummed because I couldn't get them in a size that fit me.

That being said, no I am not a sz6 or even as sz8 - I am comfortably a sz10. That style of jeans ran big. But it was pretty awesome to think that sz8 was too big for someone who used to wear a very tight-fitting sz22-24 just last Spring! :-)

Note to self... I need DKNY jeans. :)

Today is my weigh in day... I stayed the same this week. The NSV part for me was I didn't freak out, or think I'm a failure or that my weight loss is over. I simply looked at the scale and told myself I will see a drop next week. Now that was a victory for me.

I was on the floor playing with the dogs and suddenly realized how easy it was to get on and off of the floor. It used to be so difficult.

My NSV was to easily walk to my lower garden, which is a steep hill and back up the hill without a problem.