Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Good for you girl! Hope you had fun!

Your son will do amazing!

HW 358 SW 344 CW 242 RNY 4/11/2013

I hadn't weighed last week' date=' but got on the scale today and I'm down 103 lbs...in onderland!

I also am having surgery to repair an arterial graft in my carotid artery...very freaked out, surgery is in Nov. 4...[/quote']

Congrats on the loss! Onderland is not far away for me either! Well 26 lbs but im a hell of alot closer than 6 months ago. Best of luck on November 4th. We will be thinking of you. Maybe after this you will begin to get back to normal hub? Where are hou having it done?

We are here in Milwaukee for my son's sleeve surgery. He goes at 9am. He is all ready and in his heated paper gown waiting. No nerves at all, he just wants to get going!

Hi everyone. I have been away for a while. I am just checking in. I had surgery on 4/4/13. My heaviest weight was 270lbs. I am down 83lbs since April. As you can imagine, I am estatic. I am dealing with self-image issues because I don't always see myself the way everyone else is. I am sure that my head will catch up to my body one of these day.

Hi everyone. I have been away for a while. I am just checking in. I had surgery on 4/4/13. My heaviest weight was 270lbs. I am down 83lbs since April. As you can imagine' date=' I am estatic. I am dealing with self-image issues because I don't always see myself the way everyone else is. I am sure that my head will catch up to my body one of these day.[/quote']

I had surgery on 4/22/13. My heaviest was 271, surgery weight was 266, and I'm at 183.5. I get lots of compliments but I feel just like you do. My head is way behind. I feel better but in my head I still see myself walking around as the fat girl. I don't want I complain but it's frustrating. I also want to go in a big, fun shopping trip but still have a ways to go so I buy a few necessities at a time because all clothes are temporary. I'm happy and trying to focus on the positive but frustrated too. Others don't seem to get that.

I had surgery on 4/22/13. My heaviest was 271' date=' surgery weight was 266, and I'm at 183.5. I get lots of compliments but I feel just like you do. My head is way behind. I feel better but in my head I still see myself walking around as the fat girl. I don't want I complain but it's frustrating. I also want to go in a big, fun shopping trip but still have a ways to go so I buy a few necessities at a time because all clothes are temporary. I'm happy and trying to focus on the positive but frustrated too. Others don't seem to get that.[/quote']

I agree with yiu! Clothes are so temporary now and I think if we could be at our goals and buy new stuff it may feel more real! I have stuff that ive had for years. A pair of pants lasts weeks and then is too big. I still think of myself as huge and am shocked when I see a picture. My daughter took the one of me and my dog that I posted. When I saw it I was shocked! I actually look smaller! And I wasnt ashamed of it. I posted it on Facebook and got a ton of compliments. I wasnt looking for compliments but thought it was a cute picture of us (my dog mostly) ;) That fact that everyone can see such a huge difference in a short time is absolutely amazing to me! I know it takez awhile for our heads to catch up but moments like these sure help!

Congrats on the hundred and we got your back on Nov 4

Thanks. a little worried about eating while I'm in. Do you think I should bring up to hospital beforehand?

I for sure would and im gonna when I have my back surgery. If they arent able to accommodate my diet, I'll bring my own Protein Powder and yogurt. Dont know how hungry we will be after surgery though.

Son is out of surgery. His bp is pretty high right now so they are giving him something in his iv for it. I guess it happened after he had his gallbladder removed too according to the dr notes. Otherwise he has almost no pain and is pulling himself up in the bed easily. Not at all like the bypass huh?? At least not for me!

Thanks. a little worried about eating while I'm in. Do you think I should bring up to hospital beforehand?

I would see if you could speak to dietary and make them aware of anything special you will need. The hospital I used to work at was very good to patients with special diets.

Son is out of surgery. His bp is pretty high right now so they are giving him something in his iv for it. I guess it happened after he had his gallbladder removed too according to the dr notes. Otherwise he has almost no pain and is pulling himself up in the bed easily. Not at all like the bypass huh?? At least not for me!

Good to hear!

Anyone having problems with the iPhone app? I supposedly am not subscribed to any threads and don't have permission to reply or send messages but on my iPad and laptop I'm fine!!!

I have a galaxy and I have the same problem..lately ita been happening a lot more often...I havent been anle to get o in a few days :(

SW 363lbs Surg Date 4/16/2013 CW 277lbs

Has anyone tried the dreamfields Pasta..I haven't had any Pasta still but was told by a friend that she's diabetic and her dr told her to eat that because its so low in carbs so I bought it and read the box and I'm confused about the carbs and too scared to try it lol but I'd love even just a few small bitea of pasta here and there lol

Has anyone tried the dreamfields Pasta..I haven't had any Pasta still but was told by a friend that she's diabetic and her dr told her to eat that because its so low in carbs so I bought it and read the box and I'm confused about the carbs and too scared to try it lol but I'd love even just a few small bitea of pasta here and there lol

I won't even consider something like that until I'm on maintenance.

I wanted to try it as well. Pasta was one of my downfalls so I am afraid to try it. I ahve had a little pasta since surgery, I mean bites, and it doesnt sit well though. It is supposed to be ok carb wise.

Ok I jusg checked and there are 41 carbs minus the 5 Fiber. So 36 carbs. Way too much. I suppose it is lower carb compared to regular pasta but not nearly low enough for us!