Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Length of time off of work?

I took 4 weeks off and so glad I did. I worked part time the first week back. I didn't have my energy increase until week 7-8.

Unfortunately i work in a hell hole that only gives me two weeks of time off a year and have no STD. I'm only taking a week off so I can have some off days the rest of the year if i get sick

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 256

I took 4 weeks off and so glad I did. I worked part time the first week back. I didn't have my energy increase until week 7-8.

Me too:-)

weight.png

I took the full six weeks and needed every day of it - then I went back on a 4 day week - which really helped. Give yourself time! Its major surgery - just behind heart bypass.

I was back to work in 12 days. I work in an OR like dept. It was good for me, to be up and moving around! I just took it easy. I avoided moving patients. No one knew, and I was still able to keep it private.

My first two weeks were rough but by the end of week three I felt great. Very happy I took 6 weeks off.

My first two weeks were rough but by the end of week three I felt great. Very happy I took 6 weeks off.

Feb 6 Surg dateI had 2.5 weeks of a very rough time. . I think by week 3.5 I was doing well but tired by March 1 I went back to work and the first two weeks it was exhausting only worked four hours. I thought my pain Tolerance was pretty high not for this!

weight.png

I'm still trying to figure out how long I want to take too.

I could probably swing 1.5 to 2 weeks with what vacation I have but I could also do STD but that requires telling people at work what I'm doing and I'm not sure I want to do that.

I don't really want everyone I work with to know and I'm sure there'd be questions.

I could probably swing 1.5 to 2 weeks with what vacation I have but I could also do STD but that requires telling people at work what I'm doing and I'm not sure I want to do that.

I don't really want everyone I work with to know and I'm sure there'd be questions.

You don't have to tell anyone except your HR manager. I just told people I was having some surgery done. People do ask questions, but i just responded with "im ok, thanks for asking" and generally people left it there. STD can be a great option if you have it. For me, it enabled me to have some vacation time remaining for the rest of the year.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 294.9 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I am an RN and was going to take 3 weeks but decided 4 weeks was better suited for me. Although I found I became bored at 3 weeks & now cannot wait to return to work. I return Sunday April 7th. Excited to show off myself...no one has seen me since March 8th & I am down 22 lb & looking & feeling good!

<<Ash>> Pre Bypass: 247.2 Goal: 140

I didn't even have to tell them what surgery I was having. They filled out the employer section of it and they have me submit it to the STD insurance company, Mutual of Omaha, myself.

If you can take the six weeks, do it. It will not only give you time to heal but also much needed time to adjust to your lifestyle change.

I had my surgery march 8th, and I was back to work by the 18th...

I just was tired the first week back, but I took it easy...and you really have to.

Pre-op band 252

Lowest weight with band 162

Pre-op RNY 225

Current weight 191