Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Opening too small - possible balloon dialation

Hi Everyone. I am new and looking forward to becoming part of this community. I had gastric bypass on 2.7.2013 and its been a very rocky road since then.

My surgeon thinks my opening is too small/closed so I am having an endoscopy with possible balloon dialation.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar bump in the road and how did things go after the dialation?

Im still mostly strictly liquids because I cant get most pureed foods down. I have had hit or miss luck with some foods.

Right here with you. I was a little over 3 weeks when I closed up. Had the EGD with dilation last Tuesday. I go back to doctor tomorrow to see if I can start on soft foods yet. Good luck. Pm me or ask here if you have any questions.

Jessica9190, I hate you are going thru what I am, because I know I am miserable. Have you noticed any relief since the dialation? Did you Dr explain why this happens?

Not exactly any relief yet. Before the dilation I could drink liquids but no foods. Liquids hurt somewhat but foods killed me. My chest would hurt so bad or I would throw up. I spent four miserable days like that before I called my doctor. By the time I got to hospital I was dehydrated and low in potassium. After dilation, he started me over on Clear Liquids again and I started full liquids Friday. Hopefully tomorrow I can try some soft foods.

My doctor said it's caused from scar tissue that forms where your stomach connects to small intestine.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that soft foods come tomorrow and are a success.

Same problems here - chest discomfort and burping when I do anything but a liquid. And when I dis.try some pureed foods, I got so sick that I swore Id never eat again. Lol

Thanks for sharing with me. Hopefully tomorrow we will both get good news :-)

I had three balloon dilations until the gastro guy sad no more you need to have this stricture fixed. So 9 months after my sleeve I was converted to a bypass. Best thing ever .... I'm not sick anymore I can get the proper nutrition and I stopped throwing up completely. It's not a big deal being stretched. You will feel relief

I just had balloon dilation this past Friday. I was about 4 weeks out. I could not eat any solids and liquids did hurt also. Right after my dilation the GI doctor told me I could resume eating soft foods. I have felt so much better since the dilation. I can now eat more, drink without pain and I actually am starting to feel somewhat normal. Get the dilation was nothing and I am so glad they did it. Hang in there you will feel better. :)