Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

Congrats!! It is an awesome achievement. I am myself on 103lbs, but been here for awhile. I have another 15lbs to go to my goal weight, I am hoping I can do that in the next 3months. My optimal goal weight is about 30lbs away. Would you have ever thought that you would have been here a year ago?

Congratulations on your loss!!! Never ever ever ever would I have thought that I'd be like this today. What a great new life we have!

Thought I'd check in again :) Haven't been dropping any weight lately, but just started working out and lifting weights. Gonna give it some time. I have an appointment this week to get my Vitamin and mineral levels checked. Concerned something might be going on as I am now bruising severely bad all over my body. Just want to make sure everything is on track. Hope everyone is doing well! :)

Sorry to here that but you typically bruise easier when there is an Iron deficiency.

But don't hold me to it, go get the tests.

Good Morning to all!!!! I am here for support this morning!!! I am at a point where I am beginning to go back to some bad habits.... I have lost 183 pounds and my weight is in a 5 lbs loss and gain.... I am eating chips, honey Buns, m&m's and other Snacks ESP ice cream.... But it is always the week before my "friendly monthly visitor" this is like EVERY month... I don't care how many Protein Bars or shakes I have to try to curb my cravings it does not help!!! I thank GOD for the restriction but I am trying to reach my goal and am trying to lose these last 15 lbs by my 1 year surgiversery .... March 4th... But don't think I will make it going this route.... Anyone else experiencing this?

Good Morning to all!!!! I am here for support this morning!!! I am at a point where I am beginning to go back to some bad habits.... I have lost 183 pounds and my weight is in a 5 lbs loss and gain.... I am eating chips, honey Buns, m&m's and other Snacks ESP ice cream.... But it is always the week before my "friendly monthly visitor" this is like EVERY month... I don't care how many Protein bars or shakes I have to try to curb my cravings it does not help!!! I thank GOD for the restriction but I am trying to reach my goal and am trying to lose these last 15 lbs by my 1 year surgiversery .... March 4th... But don't think I will make it going this route.... Anyone else experiencing this?

Indeed I think that we all may get to this point. I have. Been on a plateau for about 2months now. But I think I am finally losing again. I need to lose 17.6lbs by March 12. So why don't we try get there together.

We can do it.

Good morning Everyone!

It's been too long, but this new site is not my favorite! Lol. I'm glad to see you guys are doing well and hang in in there. I too hit a scary stall that lasted a few months and the first thing I thought was "I messed something up" why did the weight loss stop. I was scared and really down I tried that 5 day pouch test and it worked I was surprised I lost 7 pounds. It took me back to the beginning and made me remember how I use to eat. I took my time eating stop drinking with my meals and I felt really great about that. I'm so close to my goal I have 27 more pounds to loose and I pray I can get there.

I'm starting to get nervous about our one year anniversary, I'm so afraid of gaining the weight back. I was so strict on myself in the beginning and I have since eaten bread, but I cut it out again and I ate some chips, well a lot of chips around the holiday and I had to break free of that. So far so good.... Remember were in this thing together it's a constant battle for us all. :D

Good morning Everyone!

It's been too long, but this new site is not my favorite! Lol. I'm glad to see you guys are doing well and hang in in there. I too hit a scary stall that lasted a few months and the first thing I thought was "I messed something up" why did the weight loss stop. I was scared and really down I tried that 5 day pouch test and it worked I was surprised I lost 7 pounds. It took me back to the beginning and made me remember how I use to eat. I took my time eating stop drinking with my meals and I felt really great about that. I'm so close to my goal I have 27 more pounds to loose and I pray I can get there.

I'm starting to get nervous about our one year anniversary, I'm so afraid of gaining the weight back. I was so strict on myself in the beginning and I have since eaten bread, but I cut it out again and I ate some chips, well a lot of chips around the holiday and I had to break free of that. So far so good.... Remember were in this thing together it's a constant battle for us all. :D

Hi Elle, how does the 5 day pouch test work?

Good morning Everyone!

Hi Elle, how does the 5 day pouch test work?

Hello!

For me it restored my faith in my tool and it jumpstarted my weight loss again. Here is the website, check it out. It worked for me! 5daypouchtest.com

Let me know how it goes if you decide to do it!

I had my bypass on March 8,2014. My heighest weight was 292. The day of my surgery I was 282lbs. My current weight is 148.2 lbs... It was hard in the beginning and I regretted it for the first few weeks because I never realized what a hold that food had on me...I was jealous that everyone could eat what they wanted and I was left with shakes and baby food...I went through some depression and anger but it only lasted a short time... This was the best decision I have ever made and I love my new life with my family .

post-191695-0-42560200-1391740819_thumb.jpg

post-191695-0-95481900-1391740837_thumb.jpg

I had my bypass on March 8,2014. My heighest weight was 292. The day of my surgery I was 282lbs. My current weight is 148.2 lbs... It was hard in the beginning and I regretted it for the first few weeks because I never realized what a hold that food had on me...I was jealous that everyone could eat what they wanted and I was left with shakes and baby food...I went through some depression and anger but it only lasted a short time... This was the best decision I have ever made and I love my new life with my family .

You look great! Congratulations on your amazing loss!

You look great! Congratulations on your amazing loss!

One year follow up today! Only shortfall is Calcium. Otherwise great stuff!

post-189986-0-43843100-1394076862_thumb.jpg

So I guess all is not well. Got extremely sick last night with lots of pain below rib cage. Went in for an egd today and the verdict is a marginal ulcer. Going to treat for 30 days then follow up with another egd.

Sorry to hear that : ( ulcers suck!!! I had one and it took 6 months to go away... I'm still having the pains in the same place as you are but my egd came back no ulcer and everything great... Going for follow up on that this afternoon. Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery!

Yay!!!! One year today!!! Starting weight....229, current weight...120!! Loving life!!