Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

I have a Facebook group its called "RNY (gastric bypass)" please join.

i just sent a request to join

I have no clue. He said it was a common injury around 2-3 wks post op. I think I would of been fine without experiencing it

Oh no! I wonder if I did something similar. I bent over Sunday and felt a huge ouch in left side. Since then I have damn near unbearable left side pain near incision. I was going to call the surgeon tomorrow. It's 3 hours away and I'd like to avoid that drive if possible. I'm worried its a hernia or something.

I sure hope you feel better soon.

Down 30 pounds since surgery 3/11/13, but the scale has not moved in days, and I'm trying to remain calm. I'm getting in all my Protein & Water, and my calories are running 500-600, w/ the goal of about 800 per my NUT. I have multiple sclerosis & have not exercised, literally, in years. This week I started low impact water aerobics & chair yoga. Could I be building muscle already? Or am I just being too much of a nut about the scale? I'm trying not to be crazed but failing!!

I know how to start one if u wanted one exclusively for us.

Ok sista. Start one up!! For us marchies of 2013!!! Whoop whoop!!

Oh no! I wonder if I did something similar. I bent over Sunday and felt a huge ouch in left side. Since then I have damn near unbearable left side pain near incision. I was going to call the surgeon tomorrow. It's 3 hours away and I'd like to avoid that drive if possible. I'm worried its a hernia or something.

That's how mine felt. I dealt with it for two days then I couldn't take it. I would get checked if I were u.

I was CONVINCED I had a hernia about 2 weeks out. I was overdoing it by doing normal household functions, at that point I thought I was fine. A lot of bending over, etc. The pain was stabbing and intermittent depending on how I turned and what I did. When I applied pressure to it, the pain was almost non-existent, which is what had me convinced about the hernia. I kept picturing that what I felt was my intestines coming through my stomach wall! I was at my doctor for my follow-up. He told me having a hernia there was extremely uncommon (but not completely impossible). He said that it was most likely muscle spasms from my muscle healing there under that big incision. He said that they have to pull that muscle very tight to close up and it causes a lot if people pain. Up until the stabbing pain, I really didn't have any pain from that incision. So needless to say, I was still doubtful and he told me at that point even if it was a hernia he would not go in to do anything for it yet. Too much work being done in there from surgery, etc, he said he would give it a few weeks before going back in there anyway. He told me if its still painful at my 6 week followup we would do a catscan. He did also tell me a hernia repair there would be very simple and not to worry about it. The pain disappeared right after that and has not been back since! Hope this helps!

Ok sista. Start one up!! For us marchies of 2013!!! Whoop whoop!!

Will do add me on Facebook Yvette Grider

Cleaning the lovely house today lol Its time and boy do I want to go to the gym today. But not sure if I would be pushing it. I am 18 days out. I usually go and walk on a track but its cold today.

Will do add me on Facebook Yvette Grider

Yvette

Did you make a page just for us? I looked you up on facebook and it wont let me add you only send a message. I am Heather Scott on Facebook if you want to add me so I can join he group.

I was CONVINCED I had a hernia about 2 weeks out. I was overdoing it by doing normal household functions' date=' at that point I thought I was fine. A lot of bending over, etc. The pain was stabbing and intermittent depending on how I turned and what I did. When I applied pressure to it, the pain was almost non-existent, which is what had me convinced about the hernia. I kept picturing that what I felt was my intestines coming through my stomach wall! I was at my doctor for my follow-up. He told me having a hernia there was extremely uncommon (but not completely impossible). He said that it was most likely muscle spasms from my muscle healing there under that big incision. He said that they have to pull that muscle very tight to close up and it causes a lot if people pain. Up until the stabbing pain, I really didn't have any pain from that incision. So needless to say, I was still doubtful and he told me at that point even if it was a hernia he would not go in to do anything for it yet. Too much work being done in there from surgery, etc, he said he would give it a few weeks before going back in there anyway. He told me if its still painful at my 6 week followup we would do a catscan. He did also tell me a hernia repair there would be very simple and not to worry about it. The pain disappeared right after that and has not been back since! Hope this helps![/quote']

That helps a ton Jen! Thank you. I called the doc this morning and they said I probably pulled a muscle. It sounds exactly like what you described. I'm just annoyed with myself for doing too much too soon. I'm definitely going a bit easier for a couple of weeks.

Yvette

Did you make a page just for us? I looked you up on Facebook and it wont let me add you only send a message. I am Heather Scott on Facebook if you want to add me so I can join he group.

I did make it I will add u as a friend

I did make it I will add u as a friend

Which heather? Lol message me if u can

Ok I made a group exclusive for us on fb. If u want to join msg me on fb yvette grider in Indianapolis and I will add u

Yvette started a march 2013 post op group on Facebook, please let me know if you want to join.

Yvette started a march 2013 post op group on facebook' date=' please let me know if you want to join.[/quote']

I want to join