Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

ADVICE PLEASE!

I vomited for the first time an hour ago and still having spasms and heaving after an hour. Someone please tell me this is going to stop!!!

It was totally my fault. I waited to long to eat. Got 2 oz grilled chicken and finished in less than 5 mins. It had no chance of staying down. This is awful!!! It's hard to break those bad habits.

I am so sorry, are you dumping?I hear it can take maybe a couple hours. I hope you are feeling better now. I know this is tough they finally just gave me the ok to move over to pureed foods!

ADVICE PLEASE!

I vomited for the first time an hour ago and still having spasms and heaving after an hour. Someone please tell me this is going to stop!!!

It was totally my fault. I waited to long to eat. Got 2 oz grilled chicken and finished in less than 5 mins. It had no chance of staying down. This is awful!!! It's hard to break those bad habits.

Welcome to dumping. Take some tums and gas x. And just ride it out. It feels like contractions. Dumped after 5 days post op. snuck some stuffing for Easter then had a glass of milk. Umm huge mistake!! It lasted 2 hours. Just keep moving or swaying. It's awful but it will pass.

My doc says you must get all your Protein in at least 60-65 grams' date=' this will help u to lose the weight. I know its hard TRUST ME, but you can do it!![/quote']

My nut told me during this pureed stage I will only be getting between 20-30 grams of Protein daily. And the 60-70 grams will only be reached at stage 4. So I don't really stress about getting to 60 grams at this point. I'm happy if I reach 30.

Has anyone had any issues with milk? I haven't had any milk yet but bought almond milk just in case.

My taste buds are definitely different I use to love crystal light lemonade and now it's blah... These changes are something else.

Has anyone had any issues with milk? I haven't had any milk yet but bought almond milk just in case.

My taste buds are definitely different I use to love crystal light lemonade and now it's blah... These changes are something else.

No issues here. Drink the 30 cal vanilla almond milk in my shakes. But have also just had 1% milk as a beverage.

I had milk last night for the first time post op (1 week out) and didn't have any issues.

They have me skim milk in the hospital and I have had it every day since without any issues.

A little funny....

So one of my surgeons comes in my room and says "did anyone tell you the good news?", I respond and say "YES, I get to drink water!!", she looked at me like I was crazy and then said "ya that too, but more important you don't have a leak anymore!", to which I say "oh ya that too!! I think I am just more excited about drinking Water right now!"

Ok well it was funny to me because she looked at me like WTH is wrong with this girl!?! Lol!! :)

We all need a fb group. Not sure how to creat it. Anyone have any ideas???

I have a Facebook group its called "RNY (gastric bypass)" please join.

Very bummed today. I have been overdoing it and injured my nerves near the left incision. I was in horrible pain. Had to go in to doc and ended up getting a nerve block. It eased the pain for awhile but it's hurting now. The steroid he injected will work in about 3-5 days.

Very bummed today. I have been overdoing it and injured my nerves near the left incision. I was in horrible pain. Had to go in to doc and ended up getting a nerve block. It eased the pain for awhile but it's hurting now. The steroid he injected will work in about 3-5 days.

How the heck did u do that??? Take it easy, hopefully it will mend

How the heck did u do that??? Take it easy' date=' hopefully it will mend[/quote']

I have no clue. He said it was a common injury around 2-3 wks post op. I think I would of been fine without experiencing it

I have a Facebook group its called "RNY (gastric bypass)" please join.

I sent a request to join :-)

We all need a fb group. Not sure how to creat it. Anyone have any ideas???

I know how to start one if u wanted one exclusively for us.