Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

New here! My surgery was March 13th. I've lost 20 lbs thus far. I feel great.

I sip all day but I am still so Damn thirsty. Last night I made the

Mistake of gulping Water. Aah' date=' yeah, big mistake. I knew it would be. It came right back up ewwww!

I am 39 and live in Massachusetts. Divorced(but newly engaged) with 5 kids!! 19,17,15,7,7. My fitness buff 17yo son thought I was taking the "easy" way out. Boy has he changed his tune!!![/quote']

You totally made me spit my water out laughing... LOL @ gulping!

I have 4 kids.. also 39 and my kids are 20, 11, 9, 1 .... My surgery was on the 21st and I've also lost 20.. at a plateau right now.

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221**9 days post op: Down 20 lbs**

Hello Family,

Hope everyone is doing well, we will all soon b celebrating our one month anniversaries!! Whoo Hoooo

I have a question for u all... How do u keep track of the amount (ounces) of liquids not just Protein, but everything u are taking in per day? Is there a app for that?

Oh please listen to my experience' date=' I thought oh Serena you have been doing so well an it's Easter just mush up some stuffing ( because I loved stuffing) notice the loved. So I had a palm full of stuffing. Umm I dumped for 2 hours and let me just tell you it felt like two hours of child labor. Be appreciative of the Soups and yogurts I know I now have a new appreciation for them. Dumping is no joke!! Ugh makes my heartbeat fast just writing about it.

Serena.[/quote']

Thanks Rena I appreciate it I needed to hear that!

New here! My surgery was March 13th. I've lost 20 lbs thus far. I feel great.

I sip all day but I am still so Damn thirsty. Last night I made the

Mistake of gulping Water. Aah, yeah, big mistake. I knew it would be. It came right back up ewwww!

I am 39 and live in Massachusetts. Divorced(but newly engaged) with 5 kids!! 19,17,15,7,7. My fitness buff 17yo son thought I was taking the "easy" way out. Boy has he changed his tune!!!

Hello and welcome. I am Heather I just had surgery on March 19th and I live close to you in New Hampshire and I also have 5 kids! So nice to meet you feel free to send me a message if you care to chat! Congratulations and I am glad your son changed his tune!

Just an update :)

Still in hospital. This visit has been since the 25th of March. The doctors are still suspecting a leak. They are trying to give it time to heal, if that is what the outcome is. So I don't have a cat scan leak test until Wednesday of this week. Really at this point the only pain I have is from site where they put a drain tube in last week. I have my pic lines now and must say I absolutely love them. No more pain from blood draws, new ivs, new meds! Of course the most important thing is that I can get nutrients I need from the pic line.

My nurse tonight asked me when my original surgery was. When I told her she said wow its been almost a month since your surgery. (Ok she was exaggerating a bit) Makes me kinda to hmmmmm never thought anything like this would happen to me. So far I have been in the hospital from 3/14-3/18, 3/25-present, I've had more iv lines than I can remember (seriously), I have two pic lines, one drain, numerous chest X-rays, upper gi series with contrast, 4 or 5 cat scans (never had one in my life before this). I know way too many doctors and nurses now by first name! :)

Overall still not an experience I would wish on anyone. Not as hard or bad of a situation I thought it would turn out to be. I never knew how hard this would really be on my family if something went wrong. Ive worried my husband & parents to death! my plans of not telling My Extended family and some of my friends went out the window. had to tell them why I kept staying at the hospital. I'm jealous I'm behind my other 'march' post ops with drinking and eating and even exercising. I hope this motivates me even more that there is no way I would go through this whole situation and not make sure it works for me!

Wow that seems like a long post. Thanks for letting me rant! :) still wishing all the other post ops speedy and non eventful recoveries!!!

Still in hospital. This visit has been since the 25th of March. The doctors are still suspecting a leak. They are trying to give it time to heal, if that is what the outcome is. So I don't have a cat scan leak test until Wednesday of this week. Really at this point the only pain I have is from site where they put a drain tube in last week. I have my pic lines now and must say I absolutely love them. No more pain from blood draws, new ivs, new meds! Of course the most important thing is that I can get nutrients I need from the pic line.

My nurse tonight asked me when my original surgery was. When I told her she said wow its been almost a month since your surgery. (Ok she was exaggerating a bit) Makes me kinda to hmmmmm never thought anything like this would happen to me. So far I have been in the hospital from 3/14-3/18, 3/25-present, I've had more iv lines than I can remember (seriously), I have two pic lines, one drain, numerous chest X-rays, upper gi series with contrast, 4 or 5 cat scans (never had one in my life before this). I know way too many doctors and nurses now by first name! :)

Overall still not an experience I would wish on anyone. Not as hard or bad of a situation I thought it would turn out to be. I never knew how hard this would really be on my family if something went wrong. Ive worried my husband & parents to death! my plans of not telling My Extended family and some of my friends went out the window. had to tell them why I kept staying at the hospital. I'm jealous I'm behind my other 'march' post ops with drinking and eating and even exercising. I hope this motivates me even more that there is no way I would go through this whole situation and not make sure it works for me!

Wow that seems like a long post. Thanks for letting me rant! :) still wishing all the other post ops speedy and non eventful recoveries!!!

Rant away, you have definitely earned that right and then some. I am thinking of you and sending you wishes for quick healing and to be home in your own bed and with your family soon. Your place on the losers bench is secure and we can't wait for you to join us exercising and eating sensibly and dropping those pounds! We are here for you! I have to say also your attitude is amazing! Keep smiling, it always helps!

Heather

I know it seems bleak but I am praying for you and it sounds like they are trying to get you well. Stay positive and come on and rant, that is what we are here for.

Still in hospital. This visit has been since the 25th of March. The doctors are still suspecting a leak. They are trying to give it time to heal' date=' if that is what the outcome is. So I don't have a cat scan leak test until Wednesday of this week. Really at this point the only pain I have is from site where they put a drain tube in last week. I have my pic lines now and must say I absolutely love them. No more pain from blood draws, new ivs, new meds! Of course the most important thing is that I can get nutrients I need from the pic line.

Wow that seems like a long post. Thanks for letting me rant! :) still wishing all the other post ops speedy and non eventful recoveries!!![/quote']

Praying for your recovery!

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. Sending healing prayers your way for a speedy recovery.

Ok, so I've even doing so so great and yesterday I thought I'd help my husband rake the yard. I did it for like 30 minutes then ouch ouch ouch! I got this left side pain which has been gone since 4 days post op (surgery was on 3/12/13). Now it's all sore feeling like it was before. I'm an idiot and I really hope I didn't jack up something important. So far everything seems to be working properly...it just stinking hurts :(

Ok ladies! I just had an awesome Protein shake! I got Jordan's skinny mixers pomegranate margarita mixer 4oz' date=' 0cals 0sugar. (got it at bed bath and beyond), added 1 scoop of unflavored whey Protein from GNC and 2oz of ice. Used my new magic bullet to make it into a smoothie consistency. 130 cals and 24g of protein. Tastes like a pomegranate smoothie. Definitely my favorite recipe so far.

Now the only downside is that it got really foamy so I had to let it rest for the foam to go away since I don't know if I should be introducing that air into my tummy. Otherwise EXCELLENT!!

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 249[/quote']

I use the bullet as well!! I've also had the problem with the foam. I found if you pulse the shake instead of just letting it run steady until its at the consistency u want there will be a lot less foamy!!

It's been a few days!! Sorry I've missed y'all though!! Add me on myfitnesspal. It's easier if u search by email : kathypitcher@rocketmail.com. I'm doing good. Eating soft foods. I made the mistake of drinking through a straw the other day. Accidentally of course, and I was sick for almost an hour burping and puking until the HUGE air bubble I swapped finally decided to resurface.

I also want to tell y'all about my new favorite food!! I bought the fresh pico de Galla at Bi-lo in the produce section and I mixed about half of it with an avocado and mushed it all together. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Soooooo good!!

I want to see your food diaries on MFP so I can get some ideas!! My diary is viewable by MFP friends so add me!!

Love you guys. Prayers for you all!

Plateau's are so demoralizing!!!

Thanks for checking in! I'm praying everything turns out ok :)

Plateau's are so demoralizing!!!

I'm so with you on this .. all this surgery "it" and overly planned drinking, eating and burping and I'm stalled this early in the game. COME ON WHY DON'T YOU...

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221**10 days post op: Down 20 lbs**