Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

I do not know how to add people on this darn contraption. My e mail is rena1979@aol.com. Or user name Sheller1979. Please feel free anyone to add me. This is going to be a team effort!!!

Ok I learned how to do it. Sent two invites out. Hope it works.

Well sister if you can swing your knees up by your ears that may do the trick. Or use a pillow to press on your tummy to get some stuff moving. Add diluted apple juice also.

I'm gonna have to get something to work. I had my second one today and was in tears the entire 40 mins.

I didn't have a binder thingy either.. Just my skin and incisions!!! Bad news' date=' my dad is in the ICU, apparently he has a tear in his aorta, and they say operating is too dangerous... But leaving it to heal could also kill him if his Bp is too high.. I'm a nervous wreck and the first thing that came to mind was a big bowl of ice cream!! It finally dawned on me that I had indeed used food for comfort in the past! So instead, I just held my husband and kids and let the tears and emotions flow... Please, those who believe in the power of prayer, pray for my dad to recover from this and be back to his old self soon! Thank You All!!! May God bless you ![/quote']

I pray your father is doing well!! God bless

Thanks Ladies! I appreciate the encouragement. It's hard to change my ways and I've failed so many times at weight loss that its hard not to get discouraged

I do use my fitness pal (mfp) which is how I know my protein' date=' fat and carb intake. It has also been a great tool for me!

Thanks again!

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 249[/quote']

You can do it!! Take it day by day, praying for your strength!

Finally weighed myself 11 days post op and down 14 lbs. really happy but I'm so tired of eating cream Soups and pudding! Hope to start getting more energy because all I want to do is sleep!

Wanted to ask does anyone feel the pain is the worst in the morning? I'm only 11 data out but I feel the most pain the AM and then it tames by late afternoon

Wanted to ask does anyone feel the pain is the worst in the morning? I'm only 11 data out but I feel the most pain the AM and then it tames by late afternoon

Yes, I have. I think it has to do with positioning during sleep. I'm 19 days out and still can't sleep through the night. I have not been able to comfortably sleep on my side. Which sucks for a side sleeper. It does get better day by day.

Finally weighed myself 11 days post op and down 14 lbs. really happy but I'm so tired of eating cream Soups and pudding! Hope to start getting more energy because all I want to do is sleep!

Oh please listen to my experience, I thought oh Serena you have been doing so well an it's Easter just mush up some stuffing ( because I loved stuffing) notice the loved. So I had a palm full of stuffing. Umm I dumped for 2 hours and let me just tell you it felt like two hours of child labor. Be appreciative of the soups and yogurts I know I now have a new appreciation for them. Dumping is no joke!! Ugh makes my heartbeat fast just writing about it.

Serena.

Ok ladies! I just had an awesome Protein shake! I got Jordan's skinny mixers pomegranate margarita mixer 4oz, 0cals 0sugar. (got it at bed bath and beyond), added 1 scoop of unflavored whey protein from GNC and 2oz of ice. Used my new magic bullet to make it into a smoothie consistency. 130 cals and 24g of protein. Tastes like a pomegranate smoothie. Definitely my favorite recipe so far.

Now the only downside is that it got really foamy so I had to let it rest for the foam to go away since I don't know if I should be introducing that air into my tummy. Otherwise EXCELLENT!!

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 249

Myself, I feel best in the morning and worst at night.

HW 341 GW 150 CW 289.6 RNY 03/25/13

Ok ladies! I just had an awesome Protein shake! I got Jordan's skinny mixers pomegranate margarita mixer 4oz' date=' 0cals 0sugar. (got it at bed bath and beyond), added 1 scoop of unflavored whey protein from GNC and 2oz of ice. Used my new magic bullet to make it into a smoothie consistency. 130 cals and 24g of protein. Tastes like a pomegranate smoothie. Definitely my favorite recipe so far.

Now the only downside is that it got really foamy so I had to let it rest for the foam to go away since I don't know if I should be introducing that air into my tummy. Otherwise EXCELLENT!!

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 249[/quote']

That sounds wonderful! I am definitely going to try that tomorrow. Thanks for sharing it.

Oh please listen to my experience' date=' I thought oh Serena you have been doing so well an it's Easter just mush up some stuffing ( because I loved stuffing) notice the loved. So I had a palm full of stuffing. Umm I dumped for 2 hours and let me just tell you it felt like two hours of child labor. Be appreciative of the Soups and yogurts I know I now have a new appreciation for them. Dumping is no joke!! Ugh makes my heartbeat fast just writing about it.

Serena.[/quote']

That. Sounds. AWFUL. Just reading that made my tummy hurt for you. I've only had the dumping once and it was just egg whites that did me in. I puked and it was all over in 15 minutes. It was a miserable 15 minutes. I think 2 hours would have made me cry :(

That. Sounds. AWFUL. Just reading that made my tummy hurt for you. I've only had the dumping once and it was just egg whites that did me in. I puked and it was all over in 15 minutes. It was a miserable 15 minutes. I think 2 hours would have made me cry :(

Yes it was awful. But thought me a huge lesson to stop pushing my new pouch. Lol. Yes 2 excruciating hours! Ugh. Lol. Back to EVERYTHING pureed tomorrow. And no bread. Also had a half glass of milk so that might have done it also. Who knows. Lol

New here! My surgery was March 13th. I've lost 20 lbs thus far. I feel great.

I sip all day but I am still so Damn thirsty. Last night I made the

Mistake of gulping Water. Aah, yeah, big mistake. I knew it would be. It came right back up ewwww!

I am 39 and live in Massachusetts. Divorced(but newly engaged) with 5 kids!! 19,17,15,7,7. My fitness buff 17yo son thought I was taking the "easy" way out. Boy has he changed his tune!!!

New here! My surgery was March 13th. I've lost 20 lbs thus far. I feel great.

I sip all day but I am still so Damn thirsty. Last night I made the

Mistake of gulping Water. Aah' date=' yeah, big mistake. I knew it would be. It came right back up ewwww!

I am 39 and live in Massachusetts. Divorced(but newly engaged) with 5 kids!! 19,17,15,7,7. My fitness buff 17yo son thought I was taking the "easy" way out. Boy has he changed his tune!!![/quote']

Welcome Jen! Congrats on your weight loss thus far. I know what you mean about people saying this is "the easy way out". It makes me wanna smack them. That being said, people that haven't gone though this have no idea what it's like. This board is full of wonderful supportive people in all stages of their wight loss journey. It's been invaluable to me.