Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

It has been 6 days since surgery. The pain is slowly but surely going away. My biggest issue is drinking and Protein. I do not like the taste of any of the protein I bought lol. The nectar is really good but it leaves this horrible after taste in my mouth' date=' ugh! Still sleeping in recliner, but I plan on moving to my bed this week. Gas is not as bad, just annoying if anything. Had an emotional breakdown today, all I wanted was a slice of pizza and I couldn't have it. It was hard but my family was great and they ate away from me and made sure the kitchen was clear of pizza when they finished. I am going to seek out other protein supplements gotta find something that works. Oh and I am down 16 lbs since surgery date :)[/quote']

You can do this girl I'm 6 days post op and I have my moments but I just keep telling myself I can do this! Gas is one of my biggest pains right now trying to walk as much as I can but I'm weak so it makes it hard. Praying for u my friend

Back in hospital. After several days of trying to deal with what I thought was just your average pain after surgery I finally gave in and went to the er. Got admitted yesterday. So far cat scans upper gi X-rays' date=' and much more to come. Today is a procedure to add a drain and possibly feeding tube. Will go from there and see if that resolves the issue. There is a leak into the remnant stomach and possibly fissures?? Even after all this I do not regret what I have done. I hope things start looking better soon :)[/quote']

Praying for u, God bless

Praying for u, God bless

We are all routing and praying for you! We've got your back you rest and get better!

Not quite feeling normal. Think it just haven't hit me that I have a new life lol. Besides that I had bad reaction to pain med that was given. Can't sleep for the life of me. Saw the doc today. Felt comforting talking to him. He gave me something to help me sleep. Hope everyone is well and will say a prayer tonight

Praying for u my friend!

So I was readmitted today for another week. Today they inserted a drainage tube in my abdomen. That seemed to have helped relieve some of the issues. Although that itself cause more pain :/ anyways step one complete! Tomorrow step 2 is having a pic line done. Hopefully from there things will just a start looking up! I'm a little bummed because we had a small trip planned to San Antonio starting this weekend. I am more bummed out by the fact that I am NPO! No Water by mouth! don't even care about the food. Water is my favorites!!!!

So I was readmitted today for another week. Today they inserted a drainage tube in my abdomen. That seemed to have helped relieve some of the issues. Although that itself cause more pain :/ anyways step one complete! Tomorrow step 2 is having a pic line done. Hopefully from there things will just a start looking up! I'm a little bummed because we had a small trip planned to San Antonio starting this weekend. I am more bummed out by the fact that I am NPO! No Water by mouth! don't even care about the food. Water is my favorites!!!!

Oh no so sorry to hear that. I hope you heal quickly and can have water soon. I found that so terrible after surgery having that terrible paste mouth. I am rooting for you. Please keep us updated! Hugs!

Plus I must say I absolutely love all of my drs and nurses!

Im sorry but I finally poo'd today and lost about 3 pounds after. Still not regular tho and it hurt like hell. Anybody else having problems going? Not sure if I should ask for something, plenty of gas though.

I had been eating soft boiled eggs but when I ate scrambled they didn't sit too well

Janel

Thanks Janel! I had eaten some scrambled with a sprinkle of cheese and Pasta Sauce. It tasted heavenly but then I got paranoid that I shouldn't have had it. I made sure to throughly chew though! I haven't gotten sick so far. WHEW!! But I like your idea of soft boiled eggs. Will try it for Breakfast tomorrow!

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 256

Im sorry but I finally poo'd today and lost about 3 pounds after. Still not regular tho and it hurt like hell. Anybody else having problems going? Not sure if I should ask for something' date=' plenty of gas though.[/quote']

I've had trouble going. I had a very painful bathroom experience also. My Dr said to use Miralax daily until regular & then continue daily Miralax unless my BMs get too loose then I can switch to 3 times a week. She also said if it gets really bad to use Dulcalax suppositories.

RNY Surgery 2/28/13. Starting Weight: 296 Day of Surgery Weight: 274. Current Weight 262 - Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I am so excited I finally kept something down. Some 3 bites of mashed potatoes and hot green tea. Not pushing the issue with anything more. Letting my pouch rest

Janel

Im sorry but I finally poo'd today and lost about 3 pounds after. Still not regular tho and it hurt like hell. Anybody else having problems going? Not sure if I should ask for something' date=' plenty of gas though.[/quote']

Oh Em Gee... When was your surgery? Have you started foods yet?

~Leticia **SW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221**5 days post op: 13 lbs down**

Better picture

Looking great! Keep up the greAt job!