Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sex, a serious question

Ok I gotta ask, is getting it from behind a ok position? or sitting in your mans lap facing him? I don't mean to affend anybody, but I want know what's ok.

Oh wow, they didn't tell you? Being Banded means no more sex....

wha ha ha ha! Whew. Okay, seriously; I had it at day 6 and it was fine on top and from behind. it wasn't comfortable with him on top until week 4.

Ok I gotta ask, is getting it from behind a ok position?
Anything that doesn't hurt you is an OK position. From behind, on top, legs on the wall, etc. were all fine. Anything related to missionary position hurt me, especially with my legs up over his shoulders. MAJOR no-no, even to date. Hurts my port way too much.

If you could only afford one or the other-an elliptical or a treadmill- which one would you choose? I am willing to spend 600-900 but due to financial constraints cannot spend anymore than that.What do you guys think?

Damn girls..........I guess when I woke up in the recovery room and seen my nurse (sigh) I was wishing for it at that moment. But then....I am a guy. Whew!

I have both a treadmill, and an elliptical, and I got both for under the $900.00 you are willing to spend mrspruett. They are both very nice, and not by far the cheapest I could have gotten. Both have "ifit" technology. The treadmill is easier for me---but the elliptical, probably gives me a better quicker workout. If I could run---the treadmill might provide a quicker raise to the heart rate---but I have a bone issue that prevents me running.

Look around right now, there are some amazing sales going on---you should be able to do both for that price.

Watch the machines you can find at most big box stores, they usually have a 250 pound weight limit. I bought mine through a sporting goods chain.

Now in order to maintain topic-----sex is a much more fun method of exercise than either of these machines!!!

Kat

I am so sorry that I posted under the wrong thread! LOL. Wow, I guess I could not have picked a more interesting topic. It was not my intention to hijack the thread......so sorry.

I was just teasing mrspruett----besides I just HAD to get the subject back to sex for goodness sake!!!! j/k!!!

Machines, sex....it is all exercise---some just more fun!!! And besides 2 on a treadmill could be dangerous!!! No hijack in progress!

Kat

I was wondering if having an um..special intense moment...would hurt the band/stiches/etc...

I posted this on another thread last week:

Intercourse has not been a problem, but having an orgasm causes contractions of my abdominal muscles, which in turn causes pain. I'm 3 weeks post-op and orgasms still hurt. But so far it seems that that problem is unique to me. I haven't heard any other bandsters complain about that issue.

I'm now 4 weeks post-op and still have that problem. And I still haven't heard any other bandsters complain about pain during orgasm. I'm wondering if this is ever going to get better.

And I agree with Wheetsin on the missionary position. Very uncomfortable so far.

haha...just when i was about to pose the question...someone beat me to it. Thanks all for those candid answers. I get it...phew doing w/o food is one thing but....lol

First off, it's funny that you posted this under exercise....LOL. I was told as long I it didn't hurt and I wasn't lifting or pulling my abs, I could proceed. If it hurt stop and reposition. Just make sure you are using protection, weightloss makes women very fertile. By the way, sex is a great way to burn calories. ~Mandy

So weightloss makes women very fertile, how many females out there became pregnant after band and how soon?

Im so glad someone brought that subject up, I was wonderring that too but never was able to ask my doc he/he!!

There are several women that have become pregnant shortly after being banded. The body stores hormones in fat and as you lose weight, the hormones are released into the body. Also many women swear that the Atkins diet, helped them with polycystic ovarian syndrome. I know that's how my little one came to be. Being that this is a high Protein and low carb, it's kinda the same. I know I was warned that pregnancy was much more likely by my gyno and my band doc, I have been on Depo for 5 years and am now looking to have my tubes tied, or a possible hysto in the next 6 months. (long ongoing problems) I am coming off depo and have been VERY careful.. ~Mandy

There are several women that have become pregnant shortly after being banded. The body stores hormones in fat and as you lose weight, the hormones are released into the body. Also many women swear that the Atkins diet, helped them with polycystic ovarian syndrome. I know that's how my little one came to be. Being that this is a high Protein and low carb, it's kinda the same. I know I was warned that pregnancy was much more likely by my gyno and my band doc, I have been on Depo for 5 years and am now looking to have my tubes tied, or a possible hysto in the next 6 months. (long ongoing problems) I am coming off depo and have been VERY careful.. ~Mandy

Thanks, this is reassuring info!!

This thread/forum/all of you! I love that I have found FRIENDS that have a quirky sense of humor like me! I giggled so hard that my hubby had to come read what I was looking at. :)

Thanks for the GREAT question and even better answers. Good to know. I am glad there are no "real" restrictions. Lord knows I wouldnt be able to wait. Just like after having kids.. I was about a 5 week girl.