Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

One more pound down' date=' since I'm back at work I'm averaging 1 pound every 2 days. Woohoo! Still would love one of those 10 pound losses I keep hearing about! :D. So very blessed and lucky that other than my own stupidity kicking my butt I've been complication free to this point. All of you who are having problems are in my thoughts and prayers.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8[/quote']

I think you are doing great! But I so get that wanting more loss.....It's hard to be patient, but at least this time it is permanent right. I'm so glad you are feeling so good, after such a rough hospital stay....you deserve it. Thank you for the prayers, that's what I need most

Kat

Parked on the couch with he heating pad and Protein Drink. Wild times at our house!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8

Parked on the couch with he heating pad and Protein drink. Wild times at our house!!!!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8[/quote']

Thanks got the heating pad idea I'm such a dork I should have used it says ago.....soccermamma stop overdueing it!!!!

Parked on the couch with he heating pad and Protein drink. Wild times at our house!!!!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8[/quote']

Thanks got the heating pad idea I'm such a dork I should have used it says ago.....soccermamma stop overdueing it!!!!

Just figured out the multi-quote feature, and I'm loving it! LOL!

Hello fabulous February .... I just wanted to say hello....and intro myself to the board I have surgery on Feb 27th....read a lot of the post opt stories.. Lots of good info....some scary as hell.... I'm the 1% that will go wrong person. Every major surgery that I had something had gone terribly wrong.... But I am trying to optimistic...but have had a few meltdowns... Been on shakes for 11 days... Lost 10 pounds so far ....total since stated journey in October of 33 lbs. actually feel great but depressed because of the worrying of the surgery. Look forward to hopefully making some new friends here to talk to.... Thanks again for all the great info and the support y'all put out there.... This group is real... Tell you like it is .... No holding back .... I like that.... Nothing sugar coated... Love to hear from some of y'all ... Thanks MaryAnn

Welcome MaryAnn! We all b*tch and whine when things go wrong, but when things go right (out of modesty or not wanting to make others feel bad) we keep our mouths shut. I'm here to tell you that I was off narcotic pain meds the day after I got home, and off Tylenol the next day. I've been walking and driving and shopping, and other than needing regularly spaced down-times on the couch, I couldn't be better. I hope it will be the same for you!

I can't wait to feel normal again....this pain is a nightmare and I am so glad that most on here don't have to deal with it. I am praying I can pass these kidney stones and don't have to go back to the ER........ Anyways, take care of yourself and get some rest.

Kat

Kat, Can you tell the difference between the kidney stone pain and the other pain? It can't be helping to have them both going at the same time. Take care, and I hope this is all over soon!

One more pound down, since I'm back at work I'm averaging 1 pound every 2 days. Woohoo! Still would love one of those 10 pound losses I keep hearing about! :D. So very blessed and lucky that other than my own stupidity kicking my butt I've been complication free to this point. All of you who are having problems are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nice and steady weight loss is my dream, regardless of how quickly it comes. It beats the h*ll out of whooshes and plateaus, whooshes and plateaus. I was so pleased with myself at having lost 15 pounds in the first week, then I stalled for a few days, and now it's just creeeeeeping off. So much so that it motivated me to take my first "excercise" walk. 38 minutes around the lake, and when I got home I was so pooped I had to go lie down for an hour, LOL!

My wild Cub Scout commitment are complete until next weekends camp out! Actually my kiddo and his BFFs dad have agreed to do all my heavy lifting and such so basically i'll be doing mild hiking (we have some out of shape kiddos so it won't be too stressful physically) and cooking....other than the potential for freezing to death in a tent (taking the electric blanket!!) I think I'll be fine :)

I'm so used to doing everything!!!! I really am scaling back while I'm recovering, but this weekends banquet was a big deal and I was second in command....

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8

My wild Cub Scout commitment are complete until next weekends camp out! Actually my kiddo and his BFFs dad have agreed to do all my heavy lifting and such so basically i'll be doing mild hiking (we have some out of shape kiddos so it won't be too stressful physically) and cooking....other than the potential for freezing to death in a tent (taking the electric blanket!!) I think I'll be fine :)

I'm so used to doing everything!!!! I really am scaling back while I'm recovering' date=' but this weekends banquet was a big deal and I was second in command....

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8[/quote']

LOL.... I must be older than most of you (52). Thought I was in good shape with pilates and zumba up until surgery...maybe two Lapbands?

LOL.... I must be older than most of you (52). Thought I was in good shape with pilates and zumba up until surgery...maybe two Lapbands?

I turn 40 exactly a month from today :). So wanted my RNY DONE before I hit the big 4-0 so I can enter my next decade happier and healthier :). Glad it is done and over!!!! My son is 8, I've been divorced since he was an infant (married a very not nice guy who decided to start hitting me, stealing, and cheating on me once I got pregnant) so it's just the boy and I and I REALLY want him to get to do the boy stuff, even if it means mom is out freezing her butt off camping on march 1st! It's actually a lot of fun... Mostly :) (plus I have the major hots for his BFFs dad so I'm sucking up every second of him helping me with stuff right now...he's a hottie!!!!)

I'm close, monken... I'll be 50 in October. I hope to Celebrate it in something close to my goal weight!

I'll be 50 in November so there are a few of his hitting the 1/2 century mark...50 is the new 30!!!

I turn 40 exactly a month from today :). So wanted my RNY DONE before I hit the big 4-0 so I can enter my next decade happier and healthier :). Glad it is done and over!!!! My son is 8' date=' I've been divorced since he was an infant (married a very not nice guy who decided to start hitting me, stealing, and cheating on me once I got pregnant) so it's just the boy and I and I REALLY want him to get to do the boy stuff, even if it means mom is out freezing her butt off camping on march 1st! It's actually a lot of fun... Mostly :) (plus I have the major hots for his BFFs dad so I'm sucking up every second of him helping me with stuff right now...he's a hottie!!!!)

Good for you in not staying in an abuse relationship I don't meet very many women that are not Co-dependant. Go for the hottie! Glad you have the energy and a good recovery system going for you. Your son is a lucky young man to have a Mom like you :-) I have 12 years on you. One thing I have going for me is people don't think I'm 52...lol

I'm close' date=' monken... I'll be 50 in October. I hope to Celebrate it in something close to my goal weight![/quote']

Cecilia rock on I wanted to be done with my weight loss journey at 50.

Now maybe 52/53 I hope!

I'll be 50 in November so there are a few of his hitting the 1/2 century mark...50 is the new 30!!!

Hey Spunkielor I like that attitude!

Awesome cuz that makes 40 the new 20!!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Good for you in not staying in an abuse relationship I don't meet very many women that are not Co-dependant. Go for the hottie! Glad you have the energy and a good recovery system going for you. Your son is a lucky young man to have a Mom like you :-) I have 12 years on you. One thing I have going for me is people don't think I'm 52...lol

Oh the hottie and I have a little thing going but he had a hellish marriage as well and has a lot of baggage....for now we spend time together all the time with the boys and occasional grown up nights when we're both child free(RARE!!!) it's an interesting relationship but working for now!