Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Boob Guy" - What is the deal with men and big breasts?

Jack my Dad agrees with you 100%. He usually tells people that men only have a set amount of hormones, and that if they choose to waste theirs growing hair, that's their business.

Kat

TOM -- Only you could compare breasts with cars. I am a "small" person in the boob department and I'm glad. My roommate in college was a DD and she had grooves in her shoulders and the things hung to her waist then! They must be awful now unless she finally got the long wished for breast reduction. On the other hand I went to a spa in England with this woman who was 52 and looked about 25. She had perfect boobs! I was stunned. Apparently she's done isometrics for her boobs for about 30 years. Personally I thought she'd had a boob job, but her friends swear she hasn't. It's not fair. True, I'm almost 60, but my boobs look like those little purses people carried in the 19th century. I just glad they aren't bigger because they'd be hitting my knees. I think boobs are seriously overrated.

On the other hand I went to a spa in England with this woman who was 52 and looked about 25. She had perfect boobs! I was stunned. Apparently she's done isometrics for her boobs for about 30 years. Personally I thought she'd had a boob job, but her friends swear she hasn't.

How do you do isometrics for your boobs? For me it's not a matter of weak pectoral muscles; it's the skin that has stretched from the weight of the boobs. So tell us the secrets of isometrics.

That's true. I actually find baldness or partial baldness attractive too, for reasons I dont really understand.

Note: I am not including combovers here!

So I guess you don't like the "beard combovers" they showed in that Superbowl ad? I can't understand why. I think they look great. I'm starting to grow my beard out now so I can comb it over just for the look of it. I'm not even bald.

On a good day before I gained weight I was a C, and on a good day once the weight was gained I was a C, and I'm still a C. My boobs have to be the only place I never did gain weight, they just sort of disappeared as my stomach began to take them over.

Let me clarify. My actual boobs haven't changed cup size, although I've had to get smaller bras. My "side boobs" or "boobs 3 & 4" as I sometimes call them have all but disappeared. They were pretty close to a C too. :faint:

My "side boobs" or "boobs 3 & 4" as I sometimes call them have all but disappeared. They were pretty close to a C too. :faint:

I wondered what to call those. But I only have one on one side, thats strange. If I have plastic surgery that is the 1st thing to go. I was hoping the guys would chime in here. My husband is a big boob lover. Good thing...48DD and even when I was young and thin my pecs were flat. What I dislike the most is when men talk to my boobs. I always tell my husband I want to look at their ba**s and talk to them!

I just think that it is funny when guys get that look in their eyes when they realize that you are chesty - like they have just stepped in to a candy store for the first time. They do not quite know what to do with them.....but they sure want to try!

Now that my 'side boobs' are gone - does bring everything to the front focus. Love the way my bras fit now - so much better.

Mark - *haha* nope, not giving out the number....maybe once you grow out the beard for the beard combover - we'll talk! ;o)

I too am in the big boobed corner (anywhere from an 18E to a 22G, depending on the weight, currently 20F) and I know I'm going to need a lift when I've reached goal. Already, they point due south and without the fat gut to prop them up, that's not going to get better.

However, unlike many of the ladies who've commented so far, I LIKE my big boobs. They've always been part of my identity and a source of confidence. Even when I've been at my fattest and feeling horribly unattractive, I've always been able to kid myself that if I round em up in a decent bra and put them out there, guys will focus on those and ingore the huge tummy and fat arms (lol - yeah, I know it's a dream, but it fools me at least).

I really want to perk them up again but I'm terrified of losing too much off them and having horrible scarring. Because they are so droopy, I know it is going to take some pretty major reconstruction to lift them up again and that would be so much easier if I went down to a C or D cup, but I don't know if I would even recognise myself below an E :)

PS: Don't you just love the way boobs float in Water? Swimming in the pool is the one time I feel happy about the shape of my boobs. They need to invent a portable aquarium or something that one can wear in place of a bra and have perky pool boobs all the time!! Hahahah! :biggrin:

I've been a guy for quite a few years now, so I am qualified to assert that big breasts don't mean a thing to me. I think they appeal primarily to immature needy mom-seeking men who want to be comforted and cared for.

I have already been weaned. Do I like to have a couple of breasts available when I'm done kissing above the neck? Sure I do. But there are a number of other even more interesting female body parts.

Interesting conversation,

Ted

Well I have gone from a 48DDD to a 40E...and just now feel like they are starting to be a separate "thing" as opposed to just another roll. Now I am getting looks AT them again....not at me as a whole, but just at THEM. I have seriously considered a reduction for several years, but have not come to terms with the loss of sensation. That surgery along with the TT, will wait until 6-12 months after reaching goal, so I can see what is sitting/hanging where!!!

I have always (since jr high) had large breasts----so I have no idea how to think in other terms---but would love to buy a bra or lingerie off the rack!!

My DH loves them---and he says the reduction is up to me, but I know him, he would hate for me to go below a D.....

Kat

Kat, I just wanted to comment to you as I have had a breast reduction (I was a G cup by the time I was 19) and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The loss of sensation as well as the fact that I will never be able to breastfeed was just a part of it and worth every bit of the reduction. You get used to it, you learn to live with it. They took 10lbs off in total - that's bigger than most babies and your back and shoulders will thank you!

Scenario: Every potential date that I email/chat with lately *that has yet to see me in person* brings up the topic. Fact: I am a very curvy hour-glass girl with a big chest and a smaller waist. I'm a 36G - when stated, the guys are practically drooling on themselves. One guy even said "marry me - you've just met the biggest boob guy EVER".

No offense intended hon but I don't know if these are the "potential dates" that would be in your best interest. I too have tried internet dating (met my fiance online) and I rarely ever had a man ask me my breast size/measurements and the maybe one or two that did well they turned out to be dogs... soo... maybe you want to steer clear of those ones?

As to the why do they get all drooly thing - I think they hear "36G" or whatever and picture boobs like pamela anderson. my guess is most men don't realize that real breasts that big arent pretty and perky. lol.

38F here. My husband loves mine, even considering what they look like naked. Like someone else said, I actually like the size of mine. I just want to get them lifted so they are in the right place! Even still, my husband is nervous about the results of surgery. He's seen the same 'bad surgery' picks of me, and I think he'd rather have them the way they are than mutilated...

I've been a guy for quite a few years now, so I am qualified to assert that big breasts don't mean a thing to me. I think they appeal primarily to immature needy mom-seeking men who want to be comforted and cared for.

I have already been weaned. Do I like to have a couple of breasts available when I'm done kissing above the neck? Sure I do. But there are a number of other even more interesting female body parts.

Interesting conversation,

Ted

I realize that part of your post was done in jest, but I really think, in a more serious manner, it is just...as they say, "diff'rent strokes, for diff'rent folks". Some men are very attracted to breasts, others are leg men, or butt men! While one man may find a girl slim in the hips in tight wranglers just his thing, the next might want a nice big old bubble butt, with lotsa junk in da trunk to trip his trigger!

Women are the same way. Some like men with lots of body hair, others prefer none. Some think the body builder physique is hot, others find it almost deformed looking!

That is great! We all can like different things. It increases everyones chances of finding a mate we are happy with!!! In my case, I DO have a man who appreciates my big breasts, but if I were to lose them, he would still love me.....but yes all those years ago, it is probably one of the things that garnered me a second look by him! Lucky for me he is not super hairy, I find it gross!!!! My best friend thinks body hair is sexy! We argue it!! I tell her fine she can have all the men covered in pubes!! Sorry!!! Sounds so gross, but it is just that, a joke!

I do not think my man is a needy, insecure, Mommy seeking man, simply because he is honest enough with me to admit that he is attracted to certain parts of a womans body, more so than others.

There are men and women out there attracted to heavy people---while others cannot find it in themselves to even give a fat person a chance.

Simply saying a man likes big boobs, does not make him any different than a man preferring small breasts! Nor does it make him one who ogles every womans chest as she walks down the street. Those men, are watching your ass as you pass on by----THAT is how they are, they look and ogle, and talk trash, about all your attributes or lack there of. They are the immature ones....not all men who like different things than yourself. At least IMHO.

Kat

So, what is the deal with men and big breasts? Granted, I know it is all personal preference and all sizes and shapes are attractive, BUT....

Unless surgically placed, natural big breasts *let's say greater than D-cup* are not typically 'pretty and perky'. There are ALWAYS exceptions, but in my case - I would say nope....not pretty nor perky.

Scenario: Every potential date that I email/chat with lately *that has yet to see me in person* brings up the topic. Fact: I am a very curvy hour-glass girl with a big chest and a smaller waist. I'm a 36G - when stated, the guys are practically drooling on themselves. One guy even said "marry me - you've just met the biggest boob guy EVER".

Personally, I do not see the big deal!! For me, they are more of an annoyance and I cannot wait to have them surgically reduced and lifted to a 36C.

Do they expect that they are going to be some PentHouse - surgically altered - Dolly Parton extravaganza breasts? When in fact they droop, sag, point south, are not full/rounded, kinda lay there - unless hoisted up by underwires and not so comfortable material in lingerie that is typically not very 'pretty and sexy'?

What is the obsession?

Would love your thoughts....

Being in the postion of "big boobs" myself, I've given this whole thing some thought. I figure it's the whole "I don't have those and now I'm really curious" thing with guys. I've asked some guy friends about it and the boob men were basically clueless about the magnetism but some were breastfed and some weren't. Yeah, I was really thorough. I wanted to know what the big deal is! Am I on the right track here guys or not at all?

And I just thought this quote from The Office would fit well here:

Dwight Schrute: "The purse girl hits everything on my checklist: creamy skin, straight teeth, curly hair, amazing breasts. Not for me... for my children. The Schrutes produce very thirsty babies."