Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Boob Guy" - What is the deal with men and big breasts?

So, what is the deal with men and big breasts? Granted, I know it is all personal preference and all sizes and shapes are attractive, BUT....

Unless surgically placed, natural big breasts *let's say greater than D-cup* are not typically 'pretty and perky'. There are ALWAYS exceptions, but in my case - I would say nope....not pretty nor perky.

Scenario: Every potential date that I email/chat with lately *that has yet to see me in person* brings up the topic. Fact: I am a very curvy hour-glass girl with a big chest and a smaller waist. I'm a 36G - when stated, the guys are practically drooling on themselves. One guy even said "marry me - you've just met the biggest boob guy EVER".

Personally, I do not see the big deal!! For me, they are more of an annoyance and I cannot wait to have them surgically reduced and lifted to a 36C.

Do they expect that they are going to be some PentHouse - surgically altered - Dolly Parton extravaganza breasts? When in fact they droop, sag, point south, are not full/rounded, kinda lay there - unless hoisted up by underwires and not so comfortable material in lingerie that is typically not very 'pretty and sexy'?

What is the obsession?

Would love your thoughts....

YOU JUST SPOKE FOR ME, 42DD (maybe a 40 now!).

Oh so true, how men love 'em. I do have one male friend (married) who hates boobs. His wife is flat as a board; and they're both happy with that. But I think he's the only one I've ever met.

As for being perky...not on their own. I spend alot of $ on good bras, and effort on good shirts that FLAUNT!:)

Scenario: Every potential date that I email/chat with lately *that has yet to see me in person* brings up the topic. Fact: I am a very curvy hour-glass girl with a big chest and a smaller waist. I'm a 36G - when stated, the guys are practically drooling on themselves. One guy even said "marry me - you've just met the biggest boob guy EVER". ....

Hey TexasRose, what's your phone #? Just kidding.

I think the answer to this kind of stuff relates to evolution and the most ancient and fundamental parts of our psyche. Beyond that, I won't attempt to explain it. But there are some things that are not a matter of choice. They just are.

I also want to comment as an aside that things have certainly changed since I last dipped my toe in the online dating meat wheel. I can honestly say that I never asked a woman her breast size before the first date.

Some psychologists relate it back to breastfeeding/mother, and an evountionary maternal and sexual connection (e.g. men are drawn to breasts because of their experiences with their mothers and because of the representation they have of women). Kind of like - guys want to take the dirty girls home for the night, but it's the ones like "mom" they want to take to meet the parents. :)

I couldnt agree with you more!

My DH looks horrified when I talk about a breast reduction - I'm a 32E, but I'm five foot 10 so they dont look "huge" on me, you wouldnt call me very big breasted. But they "feel" big enough - I cant just walk into a shop and buy any old bra I feel like. Doug always points out stuff in the lingerie catalogues and says "why dont you get this " - off on a tangent but I dont understand lacy lingerie either, WHY is it a turnon? Its scratchy and itchy and you could spend your money on way better things, if you want to look good, like a pedicure, or getting your hair done. I always say to him, read the info, they stop at a D cup!

So I dont understand why he looks horrified when I talk about losing size and transforming two saggy old E's, or more correctly an E and a DD into a couple of pert C's or D's. To me it would be a huge improvement, and I'll probably do it when I'm back working in a few years. To Doug though, the size is all that matters.

And to Doug, he's the same. He believes everyone with enormous pert breasts has real ones. C'mon you idiot, in nature that doesnt happen unless you're a genetic freak!

Hi Texas Rose, I have got big boobs, and I find them to be cumbersome and annoying to be honest. I want to have a reduction badly. I can't understand the fascination either. As soon as I can afford it I will be getting a reduction.

Susannah

Well I have gone from a 48DDD to a 40E...and just now feel like they are starting to be a separate "thing" as opposed to just another roll. Now I am getting looks AT them again....not at me as a whole, but just at THEM. I have seriously considered a reduction for several years, but have not come to terms with the loss of sensation. That surgery along with the TT, will wait until 6-12 months after reaching goal, so I can see what is sitting/hanging where!!!

I have always (since jr high) had large breasts----so I have no idea how to think in other terms---but would love to buy a bra or lingerie off the rack!!

My DH loves them---and he says the reduction is up to me, but I know him, he would hate for me to go below a D.....

Kat

I'm too big for my own personal taste, but my husband loves them. He also loves to quote Proverbs 5:18-20:

May you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.

I should clarify that he leaves out the deer part. He just says, periodically, "May you rejoice in the wife of your youth — may her breasts satisfy you always." or sometimes just "May her breasts satisfy you always." I'm thrilled that they make HIM happy :) I think God designed it that way.

I am now 52, and at the age of 25, I underwent a breast reduction (I was a 36 DD at 5'2" and 125#). I love the results. I was a B-C cup for many years until I began to gain weight. Even at my current weight, I am still a healthy, perky C cup. My husband can't believe I have 52 year old boobs. He teases and says he wants to meet my plastic surgeon and thank him for the great job he did. I was not able to breast feed my son, but I was able to have a healthy non breastfed son, nontheless. (Please no lecture from La Leche League members.) The elimination of back pain, permanent grooves from bra straps, and the stupid, sophomoric sneers from men was worth it all. I could, for the first time, buy tops that fit right and nice, pretty bras. Even now, the scars are barely noticeable.

No regrets here. Good luck to all of you who make this choice for yourselves.

Rachel

Oh so true, how men love 'em. I do have one male friend (married) who hates boobs. His wife is flat as a board; and they're both happy with that. But I think he's the only one I've ever met.

I'm a DDD, and my DH isn't a boob guy. He's all for me getting a reduction when I get to goal.

One of the things that was pissing me off about gaining weight was developing big boobs. I don't feel as elegant in my clothes any more with these bluddy great udders as I used to when I was a tidy B-cup. The mate likes 'em but I don't. I was raised on European standards: the actress who starred in Breakfast at Tiffany's was gorgeous and Barbie, the doll, was a freak. As a result, I never did get jug-o-mania!

So, what is the deal with men and big breasts?

I'm a 38DDD and hate the sagging, the swaying, and most especially, the dents in my shoulders. My boyfriend loves everything about them. He says the bigger the better. He also says that those things that bother me -- the sagging and swaying -- are attributes that he finds to be very feminine. I guess it's just one of the things that us women will never fully understand.

Comparatively, I find bald men or men with a receded hairline to be very attractive. It's a very masculine quality as far as I'm concerned. But I'm willing to bet that most bald men hate their baldness.

That's true. I actually find baldness or partial baldness attractive too, for reasons I dont really understand.

Note: I am not including combovers here!