Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome Gastric Bypass Veterans!

I am over a year out. had my surgery sept 2012. reduction from highest 448 to present 242. went from a 7xl to 1xl on top 2x on the bottom. I eat small portions , low carby for the most part, and no low fat foods _they almost always have high sugar or corn Syrup to make them palatable ( why do you think with all the low fat Cookies etc america is getting fatter?). i do not concentrate on my wt but on living my life. exercising, moving around, working, chasing my grandson! i stall but since I do not constantly weigh myself i dont know it or stress about it. its not about the wt its about improving my comorbidities diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis in knees and back, and atrial fib. I am happy to be where i am but eager to get into onderland. my goals are two fold- under 200 and absolute goal wt of 160 but i would be happy at 175 i think. i can not get a Tummy Tuck or boob job yet but that day will come.

Hi I am Bree

I am a 4 year veteran...had my surgery in 2009 - Lost 128 pounds and have kept it off. I have a LONG story about my journey to this point but I am healthy now and loving every moment of life.

Hey are there any long term post surgery Vets on here?? Im 5 years out. and need someone else o talk with.

Great idea for a forum! Thanks Alex... We all need support after the weight loss slows down! This IS when it would be so much easier to stray away from the plan

My husband and i both joined the y.m.c.a. Recently. We love it. Today something just hit me. I noticed the differnce the way people treat you when you're a bigger person as apposed to a smaller person at the gym. Kinda sad..oh well...have a grest day

@@Alex Brecher: perhaps you should consider renaming the Veterans Forum since so many non-VSG surgery veterans are posting in it. Perhaps you could call it the "VSG One Year+ Post-op" Forum. Just a suggestion. Thanks.

Chelenka aka Helen

Got s ????

Just wondering...i have sweet and low with coffee in mornings. i know sugar messes wuth blood sugar, does artifiacil sugar mess with blood sugar levels too?

I am hoping it remains the gastric bypass veterans group ... I for one am a veteran of the sleeve surgery, but needed the revision to gastric bypass due to the horrible hiatal hernia I got as a result of the sleeve. I had the sleeve done 2/10/11, and the bypass 7/15/14. I am down 115 pounds from 280, leaving me currently at 165. I am pretty happy so far, continuing to lose about 10 pounds a month with an ultimate goal of 140 (it used to be 150). so I am hoping to continue this losing trend so I can lose 1/2 of myself! I am only 5'4", so it isn't too much. I am really happy about the results so far

Wonderful im 7years in and in the process of restarting all over again, with small exercises and cutting a lot of junk food out

Edited by PerezNy07

Hello , I am a 10 year veteran and have maintained my weight within a 10 lb. radius all this time until a few months ago in which I have gained about 20 lbs, I don't know if its that my habits are really that bad, menopause, stress or all of the above , I was in a car accident last year and was off work for 7 months but I actually lost a few pounds during that time after being back at work a few months I started gaining , I would just like to find a good support group to help me through this .

Hello and welcome to the Veterans Forum. I'm not quite 2 years post-op so 7 and 10 years post-op is awesome and amazing! I hope to do as well but am also constantly struggling to maintain my weight loss. It is a problem that many of us struggle to deal with as we go forward in our lives. There seems to be no magic involved at this point, just old fashioned diet and exercise. A lot of people here do the 5:2 eating plan and there is a big thread here in the Vet's forum just for that with tons of advice and links. Haven't tried it myself yet but maybe in the new year. Doesn't seem practicle to start a new weight loss plan this time of year, LOL!

Hi Chelenka, thank you and I wish you continued success , I don't believe I've heard of the 5:2 diet, i recently tried the "military diet " it was tough to keep up with as is any diet ????