Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 60. Anyone else over 50 doing RNY?

Yes almost four months out and cold all the time. My doctor said it’s normal.

When you think about it, there's logic there. As we lose the fat deposits all through our body, we lose our insulation. Now you sense temperature changes as you never did before. I'm sitting in a house with thermostat set at 72 degrees Fahrenheit clad in sweatshirt with tee-shirt underneath , sweatpants and socks on my feet. While I was formerly fat, I was barefoot, bicycle shorts and shirt of tank top indoors, oh my Have things changed, and now I kee0 a microfiber blankie within reach, just in case. Used to drink coffee early in the diet trek, but that went bye-bye when the ulcerations came, now it's Decaf tea to warm up. Have been allergic to chocolate for 43 years, so I don't have the comfort of sugar free cocoa like most of you. But it still beats DEAD all hollow, so I'm glad to be bypassed and alive! And daily I regret neither.

I decided today
In a world filled with trends, I shall remain a Classic, Vintage Always was superior goods, I believe.😛👵😇👼

I’m 53 and scheduled for revision sleeve to bypass on 3/11 (pending insurance approval, of course). Peri-menopause/menopause has made this struggle even more “fun”! I’m very optimistic!

Great seeing so many of us are still active, and for many of us it gets better and better and the best may be yet to come! Onward my Bari-brothers and Sisters!👣👣👣

Got a morning thought for all my fellow Baby Boomer RnY and Sleevers too.
MATURITY IS LEARNING TO WALK AWAY FROM PEOPLE AND SITUATIONS THAT THREATEN YOU PEACE OF MIND, SELF RESPECT, VALUES AND YOUR SELF WORTH.
Heavy hitting but oh so true! Have the happiest of days today!😝🍀😝

I had at 55 one year ago. I lost 80 lbs initially and have gained back 5. The one year mark is hard. I feel I must watch calories or I will gain back. It’s not just about eating smaller portions. However I would do it again. I enjoy being a size 12 instead of a size 20, and I feel better.

All us and the Over 50 Sleevers- we can and do show the younger people how it can be done. Senior Power- We do Just Fine, don't We?
Hi Frustr8, hope you are doing well. I have an upper gi scheduled for Friday. They need to check out some scar tissue. It may need dilated. Other wise doing great.

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well Zebby I hope everything turns out well on Friday, I had another on January 25, would you believe 5hat was my 9th Lifetime one? The surgical resident who was doing the procedure stated he did dialate me a little more, maybe 2 more and he believes I'll be fully open like I should been all along. Me, I'm not so sure. Dr Noria dialated me in November and it constricted back down. Next time it was like she had done nothing! So the PICC line and I are still an item, 12 hours TPN, and 12 hours daily to lead a less-encumbered l8fe. But I am healthier, still losing weight albeit at a slower rate. 3 pounds between mid December and mid- January, but if the doctors scales are correct over 8 pounds suddenly came off between January 16th and 25th, so I can't predict my tomorrows yet. Just trying to handle the challenge of being atypical in my recovery, keeping peace in my ❤, trying to be patient, and that's hard, I really want my healing to speed up. Noah the senior resident told me he dialated me slightly but failed to state if my ulcerations were healing at all. Gosh I wish I had Dr Noria, because she would tell me without fail. She must have been over-booked and i got Noah , he's an okay guy I guess, I just don't take well to be shunted. off. But I guess it is what it is, or something like that!👈👸👉