Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 60. Anyone else over 50 doing RNY?

Glad to hear it. I have hip pain but never had it evaluated. Figure just too much weight on them. Keep us posted on your progress.

My joints have been bad since high school and I have other chronic pain issues. This will definitely make it easier to get around.

I go to acoustic music festivals in the summer and need to be able to do a lot of walking. I need to be hauling instruments not hobbling about on a walker. :wub:

I am 59. I had a revision surgery from sleeve to gb on 1/17/13. I am losing slowing but am considered "lite weight". I am four weeks out tomorrow and have only lost 13 lbs but I am losing. It was a challenge going through menopause, hysterectomy, breast cancer, etc. I asked to have revision as I continued to struggle with my sugar addictions. I feel like I am back on track. Getting enough Protein in per day takes commitment.

Well tomorrow is my day have to be at hospital at 6 surgery at 7:30 I'm ready my granddaughter asked me if I was smeared I told her no I have a very good dr and I've know or meet most of my nurses at the hospital cause they were his patience to

I'm 59....today is 3weeks

just have to pace

Ick.... When is your date? We must be close mine in march 25th.

Pad good luck to you tomorrow ill be thinking go you and will say a pray or you.

Drucella

I had a gastric bypass on January 23

Welcome everyone! Glad to see some of us baby boomers taking charge of our lives. My surgery was 12-10-12 and I'm beginning to feel really good. Not setting any weight loss records but have lost almost 40 lbs so I'm going the right direction. Hope everyone with recent and upcoming surgeries is doing well. Keep us posted!

My surgery is still coming. I'm close now though. I have blood tests and then see the surgeon!! Hopefully will have surgery by May. It seems to take forever between appointments.

Well tomorrow is my day have to be at hospital at 6 surgery at 7:30 I'm ready my granddaughter asked me if I was smeared I told her no I have a very good dr and I've know or meet most of my nurses at the hospital cause they were his patience to

How r u doing padlrd? Hope you r recovering well and home from the hospital. Would love to hear how u r doing! Stay in touch.

Still in hospital hopefully if my blood work is ok I Chet to go home I was on Coumadin for blood clots so if my level. Goes up I can go home but. My heart is still beating elregular But everything. With my surgery is great food is ok and no nausea

I'm 52 and my surgery date is 2/26. Wish I had done it ten years ago when I first checked it out. But now is the time. It was so much harder to get insurance approval back then.

Finally I got to go home from the hospital my heart rate is ok but my heart beat is still not regular my cardiac dr said he would give it 6 weeks to get back to a regular beat if not they would give me a shock treatment to get it back regular they call this afib he said its caused from stress body not being unbalanced and I had low magnesium and potassium and my electrolytes were unbalanced so just have to wait and see. But my surgery went very well so just waiting for this weight to go down

Finally I got to go home from the hospital my heart rate is ok but my heart beat is still not regular my cardiac dr said he would give it 6 weeks to get back to a regular beat if not they would give me a shock treatment to get it back regular they call this afib he said its caused from stress body not being unbalanced and I had low magnesium and potassium and my electrolytes were unbalanced so just have to wait and see. But my surgery went very well so just waiting for this weight to go down

Glad you are home. Hoping and praying for continued improvement.

Good luck, AliG! Your time is near. How are you feeling? Nervous? Keep us posted!