Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Surgery Dates

Thank you everyone for your words of support. I saw her obituary in the paper and it was surreal. I live in a very small town right next to the town she lives in. I have found out in the past few days that we had a lot of friends in common even though I did not know her personally. This makes it so much harder Her family is hurting but is so strong and are banding together to get through this tough time.

I'm so so sorry to hear this. My Heart aches for everyone involved. Even for you nurse that's hot to Be so hard. Everyone will be in my prayers .

I had my surgery on Wednesday. The swallow test was good. I started liquids yesterday and was released from the hospital today. I'm hearing lots of gurgling and have been passing lots of gas. The pain is tolerable, the hardest part right now is getting up from sitting/laying down.

Feeling so fortunate today. I went to my one week post op appointment and I am down 10 pounds. My surgeon said that I am doing wonderful and right where I should be. However, I also found out that my roommate, my surgeons first case of the day, had a heart attack and died last night. I am so sad for her family. I can't imagine the pain they must be going through. It just makes me realize that I am so glad I made this decision right now before I got to the point where it was dangerous to have the procedure done or that it was surgery or death. She was older and had a lot of co-morbidities but I am just torn up for her family right now. Her husband and I talked a lot during her stay, I just can't even imagine :(

That is so sad, I can't even imagine what her family is going through.

I had my surgery on Wednesday. The swallow test was good. I started liquids yesterday and was released from the hospital today. I'm hearing lots of gurgling and have been passing lots of gas. The pain is tolerable, the hardest part right now is getting up from sitting/laying down.

That was the hardest part for me too, it was much easier when I rolled to my side first and pushed up on my elbow.

That was the hardest part for me too' date=' it was much easier when I rolled to my side first and pushed up on my elbow.[/quote']

I can't lay in bed yet. Still in the recliner. Gonna try this week but I'm a side sleeper and I don't sleep in my binder so it may be hard.

I can't lay in bed yet. Still in the recliner. Gonna try this week but I'm a side sleeper and I don't sleep in my binder so it may be hard.

What is a binder?

What is a binder?

It is a device that goes around your abdomen that almost looks like a girdle. It has spandex and elastic in it and is held together with velcro. It helps keeps everything feeling like it is supported when you are moving, sitting up, coughing etc.

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start! You'll find lots of us "Marchers" on the March 2013 Post Op thread. Join us on the "loser's bench"!!

I am new here. My surgery was on March 13th. So far I'm down 20 lbs. Started walking today. Aside from a little dehydration the first week' date=' I feel great.[/quote']

Welcome!!

It is a device that goes around your abdomen that almost looks like a girdle. It has spandex and elastic in it and is held together with velcro. It helps keeps everything feeling like it is supported when you are moving' date=' sitting up, coughing etc.[/quote']

I don't have one of those.

Some people's doctors recommend them and some don't. I just use a tight fitting cami and wear that under my shirts. Seems to help.

I hate mines. Since I have lost weight it is to big and it is uncomfortable. But if I go without it its horrible.

I hate mines. Since I have lost weight it is to big and it is uncomfortable. But if I go without it its horrible.

Me too.. They had o use two for me but it doesn't fit on my waist - way to loose - but I need it for the lower bits still. Three more weeks and it comes off.

HW 341 GW 150 CW 289.6 RNY 03/25/13

My doctor usually does not use but i was in so much pain his PA gave it to me. I was so happy they did. It really worked wonders. I just used until it got uncomfortable.