Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone lost 200lbs?

I'm not required to lose anything pre-op. I'm just waiting impatiently ;)

I just learned today that I don't have to do the liquid diet before surgery. Really happy about that. So I still have a couple of months to lose 8 more pounds. I know it sounds easy, and I know I can do it, but I just don't know if I can keep it off until surgery.

I have a picture of myself on my fridge from my heaviest. That's one way' date=' also Just remembering how great I feel after I workout. I started off by walking half a mile twice, the upped it to a mile and so on. I am up to walking 5 miles now. Just kept chugging along. Once the surgery was over I got a ton more energy and just had to motivate myself to start with and the rest has been easy. Just have to get into a routine and make it a habit.[/quote']

I should take a pic of myself now.

I should take a pic of myself now.

Just make sure it shows you at your worst, that way it motivates you 10x more. Mine was while sitting in a mexican restaurant. Then i look in the mirror and know that I am better off.

You have done really great any tips for us starters

Biggest thing...listen to your nutritionist! They know what they are talking about. Don't try anything too early. Stick to the program and you will succeed. You WILL hit a wall. Just keep to the program and do not get discouraged. It happens to everyone. As soon as you are allowed to start exercising, do it. Even if it is just small amounts each day. The more you do it the easier it will get.

This is what I mean.

You look amazing!!!!

I needed to loose 220 lbs. 10 days post op now plus my pre surgery loss I have lost 48.9 lbs.

motivation is easy still. I just can't wait till my body physically lets me walk all I want!

I weigh myself daily and record it. I take weekly measurements and record it. I want to remember what I will never go back too.

I needed to loose 220 lbs. 10 days post op now plus my pre surgery loss I have lost 48.9 lbs.

motivation is easy still. I just can't wait till my body physically lets me walk all I want!

I weigh myself daily and record it. I take weekly measurements and record it. I want to remember what I will never go back too.

There will come a point in a few months where it can be a drain on you if you weigh yourself everyday. Doing it for the 1st month or 2 is fun but after that try weekly. I messed up and for 6 months almost I was weighing myself daily. Dumb idea on my part. I got super pissed and discouraged. Luckily my mom lives in the same town and had the RYN 7 years before me. She was my rock during that time. So basically just be careful getting on the scales too much! ????

I was a year out November. I'm loosing slowly now. I think my body thinks its happy but I'm not. I'm down 110 pounds. I would be happy with about 20 more gone! It does get harder when it slows down but motivation and desire will keep you going!!! Good luck !!

post-6803-13813811173266_thumb.jpg