Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is nice to have a friend on here to get the support' date=' but chances are if you just had surgery a few months ago, you are not an expert. I am 4 months along and my routine and things that work for me are mot exact to the doctors sheet. Just like our lives before were nowhere near dictors guidelines. Just remember this as you stand on your soap boxes of right and wrong. Every plan does not work for everyone, just like all doctors are different in their plans. I think if we concentrate on support and not telling each other that they are right or wrong, it is more helpful. Example. Many of us are told no fruit. Do you know that I have rapidly list weight from adding oranges to my diet? Your routine may not match someone elses but that does not make them a failure or you an expert. We are on our own journey. Leave judgement at the door[/quote']

Couldnt agree with u more we are all individuals and our journies are different!

I have been really amazed at the wide differences between surgeons. It makes me really wonder what studies have been done about the restrictions and limitations.

I agree - my surgeon has no mashed potatoes like ever. Same with soda. I have been on the Lapband talk boards and blogs for a few years and it is the same deal with them too. It makes it hard to compare and get advice because what one will allow, another will not. The only consistent thing I have heard is Protein, protein, protein :)

One thing to remember. We all have different doctors and diets. And we all go outside of them. Moderation is the key in the end. Early on, eating certain foods can physically hurt us and this can be dangerous. But a bite of brownie or a bite of potato won't hurt us. Its the many brownies or the huge numbers of carbs that got us here. None of us lived on 600 calories in our larger days. This is a step by step day by day walk.

Yeah i completely agree some members are annoying acting like the are some expert after a few months..... Stay positive people......enough with the snotty comments from some......

You guys are cracking me up with the flogging and such! It's like any group, there is always a few bad apples! I just keep scrolling and really read what might help me. Unless I become your DR, I will never consider myself an expert. But if you ask, I will tell you what I know and have been told. It always come with a disclaimer: ACWYDTIOMJAK.......Always check with your Doctor this is only my journey and knowledge! Bahm!! Should I add it to a ticker? (Ok., I'm going crazy! Started my Vitamins today!!)

You guys are cracking me up with the flogging and such! It's like any group' date=' there is always a few bad apples! I just keep scrolling and really read what might help me. Unless I become your DR, I will never consider myself an expert. But if you ask, I will tell you what I know and have been told. It always come with a disclaimer: ACWYDTIOMJAK.......Always check with your Doctor this is only my journey and knowledge! Bahm!! Should I add it to a ticker? (Ok., I'm going crazy! Started my Vitamins today!!)[/quote']

Yes yes yes!!!!add it to your ticker!!!!! :D

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 251, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 251

I recently saw someone complaining that someone was cheating with mash potatoes. The nutritionist had them on our list. We were told no straws or carbonation...until 6 months. Some programs say never again...who knows?

I know I questioned one time about someone eating mash potatoes at 4 days post op. I had read and was told only liquid for the first 2 weeks post op. of course then I was told at my first post op appetite was full liquid 2 weeks after surgery by the Nut, so I thought when I was eating cream of chicken on the 10th day of post op that I was cheating. So I breezed right thru the puréed stage. I am on soft foods I am on my 25th day post op I specifically asked my Nut about bananas and she said yes you can have them she told the group no raw veggies and no fruit with skins but can peel the fruit to eat them. We were also told we could have the lean cuisines and smart ones and weight watchers but no Pasta. And if anyone know by looking at those n

Entees most of them have the Pasta. This weekend I will scan the can have list I received at my first post op appt and share with you all. I come to the board not to ooohhh and awwww folks but to learn from everyone. It has helped me tremendously.

I hope nobody ever thinks I"m being snotty. I feel like a bariatric idiot... I stumble through this thing daily. The grocery store makes me feel like a child because I don't know what's okay to touch and what's not. Usually when I make a comment like "Really?!?! ARe you sure that's okay?!?!" It's because I"m thinking "If it is okay, I'm definitely doing it!" LOL! Maybe I should start including that part so people will know I'm not shocked at what they're doing, but rather exploring what *I* can do too. Like Peanut Butter and oatmeal. Anyone here see a problem with that? Because I'm about to eat it.

I hope nobody ever thinks I"m being snotty. I feel like a bariatric idiot... I stumble through this thing daily. The grocery store makes me feel like a child because I don't know what's okay to touch and what's not. Usually when I make a comment like "Really?!?! ARe you sure that's okay?!?!" It's because I"m thinking "If it is okay' date=' I'm definitely doing it!" LOL! Maybe I should start including that part so people will know I'm not shocked at what they're doing, but rather exploring what *I* can do too. Like Peanut Butter and oatmeal. Anyone here see a problem with that? Because I'm about to eat it.[/quote']

Lol I'm gonna say it because my nut harped on it this week...do not use nuts and Peanut Butter as your Protein sources, they're too high in fat!!!!! (I will be eating peanut butter....there's not many boundaries I'm planning to push but I'm pushing the PB boundary with her :D)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 251, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 251

I haven't tried nuts or nut butters yet. But it just sounds delish. But you know what I just remembered???? I have PB2 in the cabinet! I can use that and milk. Muahahhahahahaa! RNY, you have not defeated me this time!

I haven't tried nuts or nut butters yet. But it just sounds delish. But you know what I just remembered???? I have PB2 in the cabinet! I can use that and milk. Muahahhahahahaa! RNY' date=' you have not defeated me this time![/quote']

Tell me how it is!!!! I keep reading about it but looooove Peanut Butter so much that I just know the PB2 is going to massively disappoint me :(

PB2 is powdered Peanut Butter that you can either pour directly into foods or reconstitute with Water or milk. Taking the oil out eliminates the fat.

It tastes EXACTLY like Peanut Butter. You might miss that creamy texture, but the flavor is the same.

I was just thinking about some of this the past couple of days. Don't you wish there was a study somewhere that said if you take "these" Vitamins you blood work will "be" or if you do liquids for so many weeks your long term success will "be" or this doctor's rules have such and such success. It just seems that there is no way any of us could be WLS experts when the experts don't even agree on what is what. Confuses the heck out of me some days. I just try every day to do the best I can, and I am sure I am getting some things wrong and some things right. But heck if I am sure what. The vitamins really confuse me. Why would one doc say take two flintstone completes that you can pick up at any store, and another say it has to be a bariatric kind that you have to take three or four times a day plus other supplements that you order online and costs a fortune. Can't they agree on something and keep it simple for us and yet keep us healthy? that is all I want to be is healthy. I know that we are all going to lose at different rates, have different pain levels or tolerances and some of us will have complications. I am just talking the basics here. I wish there were basics that they all agreed on, and then of course it would be somewhat different with patients as they tolerate things ect. Just boggles my mind some times. I appreciate every single one of you and your experiences and your advice and you encouragement. I hope I have never ever came across as an "expert" I just try to give encouragement where I can and answer a question that maybe i know the answer to. Hugs to you all, and thank you for traveling with me