Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I am haveing a hard time getting my Protein in and the Protein Shakes have made me sooooooo sick all of a sudden :( I bought Protein Powder to add to drinks pudding yougert things like that has anyone else had to do this?

I add flavorless Protein powder to jello! My surgeon recommends putting it in everything you can stand to help get the protein in. It made my Jello a little funky, but it was worth it to make it better for me!

Were you adding your Protein powder to milk?

I have had to start using almond milk, because I was not feeling well after I used 1% cow's milk.

I don't know what to add it to yet but milk will help

I was lactose intolerant before surgery, but still ate some dairy, but not milk. Milk isn't on my surgeon's diet for this week, but he does allow skim, 1%, and 2% later. I will probably just use almond milk. I prefer it and I know it won't give me any issues. One of my co-workers said that you can buy drops online that will take the lactose out of the milk in 24 hours. That is what our RNY bodies have a hard time with, so if you were really into cow's milk, you could go that route!

Should Protein powder be added to Water or milk?

Does the almon milk have alot of sugar that's what's bothering me all of a sudden in the Protein Shakes is the sugar it makes me realy sick I am 7 months out so idk of this is normal I can't eat what I could a month ago :(

It says teas Soup sauce pudding yougert I think u can add it to anything it says it's tasteless but it does have a taste not Chalkie but something lol

Does the almon milk have alot of sugar that's what's bothering me all of a sudden in the Protein shakes is the sugar it makes me realy sick I am 7 months out so idk of this is normal I can't eat what I could a month ago :(

You should go for the unsweetened almond milk-

Try adding unflavored Protein powder to broth and cream Soups. I use Isopure unflavored and it is a change from sweet Protein Shakes. One scoop has 26g of protein.

I had my surgery Dec 18, 2012.... I had a hard time Also! So I was eating Mashed Beans and Egg whites.... After Surgery for some our system changes our taste buds change, it may take awhile for things to get back to Normal, last week was the 1st time I was able to drink a shake and not get sick! But my Nutritionist said that Syntrax Nector or Premier r the ones most people can handle better along w/ Ungury. Syntrax sometimes has samples 866.333.7403 or ungury 800.517.5111 or check thr website. GOOD LUCK.

Should Protein powder be added to Water or milk?

You can add it to either. Low/no fat milk, soy or otherwise gives it added protein and helps it taste better. For me that is a huge bonus. My fave is a scoop of GNC pro performance whey protein powder (in chocolate flavor) with a cup of lite vanilla silk (soy). It's 26g of protein. Tastes better than chocolate milk.

Does the almon milk have alot of sugar that's what's bothering me all of a sudden in the Protein Shakes is the sugar it makes me realy sick I am 7 months out so idk of this is normal I can't eat what I could a month ago :(

Try the lite, 70 calories for 1 cup (at least for the lite vanilla soy silk that I drink). 1.5g fat, 5g sugar and 6g Protein.< /p>