Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Keluliana: I can so relate.. I had really hoped to have mine in January! (But it was a dream!) LOL

Now that we are almost in March... April doesn't seem so far away.

Have a great day

Hi Tracy,

Can I join this group too! I'm so pleased you set up an April 07 group, I've just been looking at the February group to see how everyones doing....but now Ive just seen Boo's message and I'll definately check out how the April 06 are doing....just think that will be like us this time next year, oo how exciting!! :)

I added you to the list Sarah! I pop in on the april 06'rs all the time it is so exciting to know that we will be in the same ball park this time next year!

It is Raining here in KC today.... I may end up joining a health club after surgery and healing.

Hey Tracey...I got a deal for you!! LOL Save your money on the health club and come on over to my house...I've got just the workout for you!! *evil laughter*

Thursday night during all the winds, we had an old oak tree fall in our back yard, and it crushed my fence. You can come and cut it up, (I'll supply the chain saw....*giggle*) be sure to bend at the knees when you pick up all the logs!! Weight lifting and cardiac all in one!! LMAO!!!! Then, you can get an upper body workout while trying to re-align the metal fence!!

Not sold on this idea?? Dont feel bad, neither is my husband and boys!! And frankly...I'm not either!! LMAO!!!

Thanks Tracy :) Hey I had an idea, I was looking at the April 06's discussions and I noticed that they had set up an exercise goal for them all, I thought it was a really good idea, what do you think if we did the same for us, even if its on 30 min walking,swimming,workout 3 times a week, then reported back to you all that we did so many sessions, so that we help each other tone up? What do you think?

I'm no exercise fan to be honest, but once we have surgery our bodies are gonna change so much, and I feel like that we are all in it together here, and your my buddies now, what I'm kind of saying is I really do appriciate everyones support, I'm also pleased that theres another person (Adumont75) having surgery the same day as me.

Tomorrow I'm going out for the last 'dinner' out with my family and parents and brother, I explained I wont be able to go out for dinner now for some time, and its March next week, I have 4 weeks to really get serious before March 2nd....:) Gosh folks, April will be here before you know it!

Have a lovely Saturday evening x

Speak soon

Hi all of you new april 2007 bandsters to be!

Just another April 2006 bandster inviting you all to join our April 2006 threads - "April 2006 bandits" - exercise challenge - we support each other with exercise and also have become great supporters in all aspects of our band experience and have made wonderful new friendships.

I'm a 67 year old Grammy of 8 living in the Portland, OR area and feel just great - wish I would have found this band at a younger age - but because of it and the support of so many great bandsters now feel "years younger".

Love to have you join us. Speedy recovery from your surgery - it was a snap for me - hope you have the same experience!

Hello my name is Fiona and I am also part of the '06 group wanting to wish you all luck and encouragement. I am single and 36, my life has totally changed and I wanted to invite any questions you have about all of this to me or one of the other April Bandits, we are a very friendly group, all different shapes and sizes and ages and backgrounds, even read our first thread from a year ago when we were starting out, you will notice the same questions and fears, good luck to you all

Hope to hear more from you all soon

Regards

Fiona:D

Hi guysis ans amourette, thanks you so much for your support and incouragement inviting us to join your April 06 threads, I cant wait to start asking you loads of questions!! I guess the first one, is how you felt after surgery, the 1st 48hrs of what to be aware of, and the 2nd is what support did you get in the first year from your hospital/Dr, how many fills did you need to have in the first year, did you have a support group that you could attend....as you can see, theres soooo many questions! lol, I dont know where to begin!

Thank you both again for your support to us all x

Hi Sara (I love that name is was my Mom's and is my oldest

Grandaughter's middle name) and all the rest of you April bandits to be!

I'll try to answer some of your questions - it's hard to even remember how I felt right after surgery (for me is was a snap - no biggie and I'm not exactly a kid)............but, I had my surgery in the hospital as an outpatient............had the anesthesia thru an IV.........don't remember a thing after that until I woke up in the recovery room with very little pain......was out of the hospital a couple of hours later. I spent the first night - with my husband - at a facility on the hospital grounds set up for people who were from out of town (we live about 2 hours from where I had surgery) - a motel would have done just as good..................I had vicodin that I took every 4 hours during the night...........I had some pain but as I said before - no biggie! In the morning we drove home.......I think I took the pain meds for another day and then gradually came off......by the 3rd day! It was uncomfortable getting out of bed - felt like somebody hit you in the tummy for about a week or so.........but other than that I felt great! I'm retired, with no kiddies running around the house (we do have 8 grandkids that are here often.....not that week tho) and so was able to take it easy. I'd say it took me about 2 weeks to feel "back to normal"...............but it certainly wasn't a bad 2 weeks - I was back to doing light housekeeping, cooking etc after just a couple of days!

I, like you, was online before surgery getting all the info - learning all the rules - trying to understand as much as I could before surgery.........it was such a help and made me feel so much calmer! Also, I found an online Yahoo - local for me (I live in the Portland, OR area) group called OregonBandsterSupport that I joined - in addition to being on-line we also meet once a month in each other's houses or in a restaurant........when I went on-line with that group - this wonderful "old bandster of 18 months" who had lost over 100 lbs offered to come over to my house and talk to my husband and I about her experience with the band.......it was such a help! I'm very active in this group because the support group I would have with my Dr.'s office is hard to get to because of the 2 hour distance! My Dr. and his staff are wonderful tho, and when I go up for my check-ups or to get fills I try to go the time they have the support group.

BUT - the best support group I have is this one - our "2006 April bandits".....I joined it because I needed some exercise support - not only did I get that (I am now the grammy exercise jock) but got so much more! We are an extraordinarly close group of friends - we know the challenges and trials and tribulations and ups and downs that bandsters have..............and we're there for each other - can you tell I love this group?????

Todate I've had 4 fills - I'm 5'3", started out the day of surgery at 234 lbs, today weigh 170 lbs - wore a 3X, today wear a 12.........not bad for a 67 year old Grammy - My husband of 45 years is so excited for me and is such a wonderful support person ............still want to lose a bit more - how much - don't know.................if I stay at this weight I'll be a happy growing older, but healthier, fitter lady!......................I have no doubt that I will stay here or go lower..............this band is great..........you will have no regrets.....go forward healthier and happier!

Hello all... I'm Tracy and I'm starting this thread because I just found out that I'm scheduled for Surgery on April 26, 2007.

Now, this is NOT what I wanted... I thought I would for SURE be a March Bandster and hoped for February, but I'm taking the news with stride and picking myself up and dealing with it......

SO... what I've decided to do is get a head start on Spring (and my surgery date) Setting a goal to lose 25 lbs before April 26th. I have to do this because otherwise my "farewell to food tour" will have be tipping the scales in the wrong direction..

SO... any other April Bandsters out there let me know and I will add you to the list! But EVERYONE is welcome to post.... :)

HEAD START TO SPRING!

You've got the absolute best plan going for you. I, too, wanted surgery earlier in the year (last year) but due to work conflicts had to post-pone til April 2006. I used my time from February til mid-April to practice the bandster lifestyle. I lost about 40 pounds on my own and by the time of surgery I was truly prepared to start out my journey at full speed. You are probably making the best plan in the world because it has certainly paid off for me! Good luck and ahh...you're bringing back memories. I have loved my first year of bandster life!

Hello LapBandit - I just wanted to tell you that I'm astonished by your wonderful loss this past year! We have a great group of April 2006 bandits - a couple who have also had a spectacular loss such as yours!.....come join us in our exercise challenge - it's that and so much more!

Guyis, Thank you so much for all of your information, it is really good to hear how you felt, and your experiences. I think your right, this site is so supportive, I think I'll start joining in daily on this site, as it focuses you and everyone else is in the same 'boat'. Like you the hospital Im having my surgery is about 2 hrs drive away in a town called Winchester, I know I have to stay in over night as Ive already asked, and Im booked into an afternoon slot, then my hubby can take me home the next day. I found it really useful to hear your experiences on how you felt and coped after surgery the first couple of days, my mind tends to wander as in fear of the unknown as to what I may experience (pain wise). Your weight loss is fantastic, you must feel on top of the world, and I think the exercise regime that the April 06 bandsters have done is fantastic. Belive it or not I used to love exercise, especially racket ball, but now I find it hard as I get so out of breath, and I tend to avoid it now, which is silly, because I know I need to get back into the swing of it. I think I will join your April thread and focus on doing so much exercise a week. Thanks Guyis x

LapBandit:Thats an amazing weightloss, really inspiring, and is what I needed to hear re lossing weight prior to surgery.

Here are some answers from me! I was banded in New Zealand, stayed one night in hospital, was a bit painful, had voltaren and tramadol, but just felt like I had hurt ribs and I am a big baby normally, hehehe!!!

6 weeks off work because I am a flight attendant, so threat of DVT after major surgery. After 2 weeks could move and lift slowly.

Had 3 fills, one unfill, am great were I am, haven't had a fill in ages, luckily my doctor is only 10 mins away.

Support wise, doctors is ok, but my biggest and most wonderful support is from on here, asking loads and loads of questions, and reading, now I come on here nearly everyday to our exercise thread.

Didn't start exercising until 4 months ago, one day something clicked and I wanted to get out there.

Have lost 28 kilos and down to size 12 from size 20/22!

Hope this helps!

Feel free to PM me anytime!

Love to you all!!!

XX Amourette