Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is caffeine so bad for us please' date=' been drinking unsweetened tea lately need more energy.....[/quote']

The main concern is immediate post op as caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, delays healing of incision's to GI tract. In turn increasing your risk for perforation and ulcers.

Remember that some people add the pounds in that they had when they started the whole process and not surgery date. Not saying you quoted on one of those. Also, the more weight there is the more weight there is to lose. (goodness i hate how that sounds) But each of our bodies will lose weight as it can.

I thought in the beginning I was a slow loser. However, I am almost (1 week shy) of my 3 month mark. I have lost 50. 3 months ago I was 237, now I'm 187. Wow that's amazing I think. Imagine what I would have done w/o the surgery, definitely not 50. Maybe 5 if I was lucky.

Think of the big picture and not by the day by day or week by week. Also you might not lose on the scale, but can be in measurements.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Totally agree with this-and I say the same about the rate of loss. We are who we are, we have to find peace with that and work it to our own advantage while we figure this out. I was 239.8lbs before, now I'm 8 weeks out and have lost 31.7lbs. I have to say that 208.1lbs still seems like a lot to me and 31.7lbs feels like a slow loss, especially when compared to some "others" losses; however to be fair-if I compare it to even some more "others" losses, maybe it's a lot and I should just be grateful, (which I am, lol). We're all our own worst critics and me knowing I went from 271 to around 190 in 2010 on my own can make me feel like a dope. That being said, it took me about a year to get there and I did gain more than half of it back (I'm praying that will NEVER happen after having this surgery). So yah, I think we all know darn well that we're going to loose differently and should not compare...BUT-we're all gonna sometimes. I just try to stay away from the weigh-in boards and conversations that go too heavily into sizes, not to beat myself up over the scale too much and measure my body too every now and then so when I have an off week I can check for inches lost. B) I know that support is what I need and want to give-even on the days when I feel ugly as a dog or big as a house. :blink: I'm really trying to pick my battles and let some sleeping dogs lie (especially so as not to disturb the mean one that looks back at me in the mirror sometimes and laughs). We only live once right? Better make it awesome! :D

Surprised, I went to the doctors Friday weighed 320 and this morning went to see nutritionist down to 311....I had surgery 1-21-13 started at 368 almost 369 my heaviest while heavily medicated was 425 which was mainly the reason I started battling obesity with all the medication side effects but we can't give up on ourselves and we are our own worst enemies . If we stop comparing/criticizing ourselves to others and be more aware of what truly helps is maintain weight loss and stabilize our weight. Gastric Bypass is a tool not a solution that most of us wish it were but we just need to eat right, exercise, follow all doctors/nutritionist recommendations and take our supplements daily we all will become a better us for the long run and will enjoy seeing our nieces,nephews , future children and loves ones grow up instead of worrying about if we will see them graduate or make it another year alive. Obesity is a disease that is not only contributing to our weight issues but also to many mental health illness whether we come to realize it this surgery is a step to a closer closure with our long time poisonous friend food. I wish all you ladies good luck on your journey and hope to see everyone on a 6 month post op in June with updates that everyone is doing better... :)

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

I'm so freaking mad!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing everything that I'm to expected to do. I had my surgery Jan 7 2013. I've lost only 45 lbs and now I've gained about 4 lbs and don't know how. I'm so over it. I'm so pissed. Don't even know why I even had the surgery by now. I see people who have had their surgery after or ever way after mine and have lost a lot more than me. I'm sooooo discouraged .

I'm so freaking mad!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing everything that I'm to expected to do. I had my surgery Jan 7 2013. I've lost only 45 lbs and now I've gained about 4 lbs and don't know how. I'm so over it. I'm so pissed. Don't even know why I even had the surgery by now. I see people who have had their surgery after or ever way after mine and have lost a lot more than me. I'm sooooo discouraged .

Don't think like that,everyone loses at a different pace. Ask your doctor or nutritionist what you need to do , what step of food phase are you on are ?What are you eating ? Remember wls was a tool to help drop weight not a solution, just keep pushing forward as my nut said remember fat under 5 g and sugar under 10 use your hands for reminder lol....turn that frown upside down :)

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

Help I have been so sick. Can eat anything can't drink anything now I am having pains. I wish I didn't do this to my body. Anyone else feel like this??

Help I have been so sick. Can eat anything can't drink anything now I am having pains. I wish I didn't do this to my body. Anyone else feel like this??

Sorry cant eat anything. When I do my stomach hurts

Okay-First you have to ask yourself would you have lost 45 pounds without the surgery??? 45 pounds is a lot of weight so be proud of what you have accomplished. Everyone loses differently so STOP comparing yourself to other people. Second what are you eating? Are you getting all your Protein in? Are you getting all your liquids in? Are you measuring yourself? If you are menstruating you could be retaining Fluid. Are you on any medications that would make you retain fluid. You could always call your nutritionist and see what her suggestions are? Are you working out?

Remember WLS is only a tool and not a quick fix. Follow the guidelines but forth by your surgeon and just keep working on it. Everyone has stalls and some even jump up a few pounds and then drop. Dont weigh yourself everyday rather maybe once a week. I am not sure what your expectations where with WLS but I am thinking if you are so frustrated that they were not realistic. Keep your head up...

You might want to check w your surgeon. You might have a stricture, which is an area where it either closes or starts to close. Which might be why you can't eat or drink anything.

You have gotta think that the 45lbs you lost was within just over a month, that is enormous. Congrats. But your body does need some recovery time after that amount in such a short time. We will have stalls, unfortunately. Plus as stated earlier. You might be losing in your measurements but not on the scale.< /p>

Please don't compare yourself cuz everyone is different. It took me 3 months to lose 56 lbs. so you've done great. Plus weigh yourself at the same time and w the same clothes (or no clothes) on.

One time when I met w my nutrition she said I was drinking to much Water, 4 bottles. She told me to cut it back a bottle and that is when I started losing a little bit more, not a lot, but some. So just remember too much water will help you retain as well.

You have lost more than me. I am 1/29/13 and am only down 24 pounds. My sister helps to remind me that she was exercising and dieting since the fall and has only lost 26 pounds. Here I have lost 25 in 1.5 months. I could never have done this without the surgery. First thing you should do is have someone hide your scale!!!! I only weight myself once a week, otherwise I become obsessed and depressed. Don't worry about the scale, it is just a number. Concentrate on how you feel about the new you coming forward!!!

By the way, you are doing awesome!!!! I am jealous ;)

You have lost more than me. I am 1/29/13 and am only down 24 pounds. My sister helps to remind me that she was exercising and dieting since the fall and has only lost 26 pounds. Here I have lost 25 in 1.5 months. I could never have done this without the surgery. First thing you should do is have someone hide your scale!!!! I only weight myself once a week' date=' otherwise I become obsessed and depressed. Don't worry about the scale, it is just a number. Concentrate on how you feel about the new you coming forward!!!

By the way, you are doing awesome!!!! I am jealous ;)[/quote']

I agree forget that scale. I did that at the beginning the worry after stepping on it daily. I think many of us do. But my scale won't move at times, however, my clothes become looser. So measurements are great. Obviously not daily. But pay attention to how your pants are fitting, becoming looser even though the scale doesn't move.

You both are doing great.

Thank you all for talking with me. I'm just discouraged. I don't know what I'd do without yawll

Thank you all for talking with me. I'm just discouraged. I don't know what I'd do without yawll

Just remember that you've done amazingly well so far. Be VERY proud of that. It can be discouraging but we need to get in the frame of mind that we will have stalls, just like everyone else. However we have been given this wonderful tool that if used properly will help us break that stall and continue to lose a little faster than if we didn't have the surgery.

Just remember that you've done amazingly well so far. Be VERY proud of that. It can be discouraging but we need to get in the frame of mind that we will have stalls' date=' just like everyone else. However we have been given this wonderful tool that if used properly will help us break that stall and continue to lose a little faster than if we didn't have the surgery.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

I am 8 weeks out now, and only have lost 20 lbs, now at 190, I wish I could not weigh everyday so depressing.....