Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone ever experience any sharp pain their side? I'm at work and freaking out because I keep getting sharp pains in my left side waist....very weird. Feels like a pulled muscle. I'm not sure.

I have the same thing. Push around the place where it is hurting. If you feel something hard under your skin it is probably a seroma. Do you have an incision right there (I do)? I had a drain there in the hospital and since then my knot has gotten bigger and bigger and it causes pain on and off. I asked if there was anything I could do about it and the nurse suggested a hot shower, heating pad, and massaging it to try and break it up. She said it may end up draining on its own and if it wasn't gone by the next time they saw me, they would just put a needle in and drain it (yuck!). I was told that the small incision on the outside is deceiving because there is a very big incision underneath and that is where the seroma is. The pain goes from nonexistent to hurting so bad I can't stand up straight. It sounds like it could be the same thing you're experiencing.

I have the same thing. Push around the place where it is hurting. If you feel something hard under your skin it is probably a seroma. Do you have an incision right there (I do)? I had a drain there in the hospital and since then my knot has gotten bigger and bigger and it causes pain on and off. I asked if there was anything I could do about it and the nurse suggested a hot shower' date=' heating pad, and massaging it to try and break it up. She said it may end up draining on its own and if it wasn't gone by the next time they saw me, they would just put a needle in and drain it (yuck!). I was told that the small incision on the outside is deceiving because there is a very big incision underneath and that is where the seroma is. The pain goes from nonexistent to hurting so bad I can't stand up straight. It sounds like it could be the same thing you're experiencing.[/quote']

Thanks. I'm going to ask tomorrow and I'll let you all know.

I am down 15 lbs from the day I returned home from hospital- starting weight 260, today's weight 245. It gas gone slower this second week then the first- i am going to hit the treadmill a little harder!

My new stomach is not bothered by anything and I am a little scared about that! I mean, the first couple of days I would eat maybe a nibble of Jello and feel extremely full, but by day 4 and still now I really never feel full- HOWEVER I do listen to my body and stop myself at the portion that I feel is appropriate but this is scary to me! For example I can eat 4 oz of jello of Greek yogurt, 2 oz of malt o meal, 4-6 oz of Tomato Soup with out problems at all, getting in all liquid is never a problem, I drink 6oz of Protein Shakes without issues- is this normal! I was expecting bites and nibbles only and that is not the case!

I am not sure if this experience will change once I am able to eat thicker texture but I am nervous as I want to utilize this tool to the fullest!

I had my surgery on 1/30/13. Lots of pain but I am one week post op and feel like a champ now. I have not had any nausea. My stomach seems to be happy with everything. I was being very careful but I can eat 4 o.z of pudding or jello or Soup in a few minutes with no problems. I never feel over full. I am never truly hungry either. So I am just making sure that I set my timer to eat every 2 hours until I go on mushy foods then it goes to 4 to 5 hours. so I don't forget to eat and just eat my little bit of food and go on. I have been walking around the stores and stuff . I feel pretty good. I am a bit exhausted from insomnia.

been a minute since i've posted-i've been sick (i blame my 16yo for the cold, can't blame her for the confusing pain on my lower right side-might be a hernia from surgery, but we'll find that out during a CT scan tomorrow night). quite honestly, i've been super exhausted just about every day for the last week and i'm tired of it, i want my energy back.

i've seriously missed catching up with all of you although i do read through a lot of posts through the e-mail feed on my phone. it looks like a lot of us are being plagued by the same things, slow weight loss being the front runner.

i decided i'm losing the scale, until i feel like it will have moved significantly...maybe. because i'm sick of letting it dictate my mood for the day. i won't participate in any more weigh ins, i know i've lost weight, inches, i can fit into 5 pairs of jeans i was way too chubby for before surgery, i can wear some XL tops, my hubbys hoodies (that i live in) dwarf me now, and yesterday when i got my monthly massage my massage therapist who didn't know i'd had surgery noticed i'd lost weight-THAT'S good enough for me for right now.

i want to feel good about me, and i want that to translate to all of you. i want to be proud of you and your accomplishments too. please feel free to be excited and announce every victory you notice.

let's start posting our NSV's, i think it will be helpful to us. for those of you who don't know; an NSV is something positive that's not related to the scale moving. it can be someone giving you a compliment on how you look, noticing your own cheek bones, getting on a bicycle for the 1st time in years, walking a mile, getting your wedding ring back on, passing up a bad food without batting an eye, not having to take an obesity related medication you used to have to take, your hubby fitting his arms all the way around you, etc. the list is endless!

i posted some of mine above-my favorite was my compliment from victoria and the fact that i can wear (and zip!) so many pairs of the jeans i used to flow out of! how about you??

been a minute since i've posted-i've been sick (i blame my 16yo for the cold, can't blame her for the confusing pain on my lower right side-might be a hernia from surgery, but we'll find that out during a CT scan tomorrow night). quite honestly, i've been super exhausted just about every day for the last week and i'm tired of it, i want my energy back.

i've seriously missed catching up with all of you although i do read through a lot of posts through the e-mail feed on my phone. it looks like a lot of us are being plagued by the same things, slow weight loss being the front runner.

i decided i'm losing the scale, until i feel like it will have moved significantly...maybe. because i'm sick of letting it dictate my mood for the day. i won't participate in any more weigh ins, i know i've lost weight, inches, i can fit into 5 pairs of jeans i was way too chubby for before surgery, i can wear some XL tops, my hubbys hoodies (that i live in) dwarf me now, and yesterday when i got my monthly massage my massage therapist who didn't know i'd had surgery noticed i'd lost weight-THAT'S good enough for me for right now.

i want to feel good about me, and i want that to translate to all of you. i want to be proud of you and your accomplishments too. please feel free to be excited and announce every victory you notice.

let's start posting our NSV's, i think it will be helpful to us. for those of you who don't know; an NSV is something positive that's not related to the scale moving. it can be someone giving you a compliment on how you look, noticing your own cheek bones, getting on a bicycle for the 1st time in years, walking a mile, getting your wedding ring back on, passing up a bad food without batting an eye, not having to take an obesity related medication you used to have to take, your hubby fitting his arms all the way around you, etc. the list is endless!

i posted some of mine above-my favorite was my compliment from victoria and the fact that i can wear (and zip!) so many pairs of the jeans i used to flow out of! how about you??

Welcome back! So sorry to hear that you were sick and possibly have a hernia. I will keep you in my prayers and hope all goes well tomorrow night.

I LOVE the idea of NSV's and really need to throw the scale away myself. I too let the scale dictate my mood for the day and that is just crazy, there is just no point to it. My first NSV would be getting a winter coat on last night that I couldn't wear on Christmas Eve AND it was over a sweater! I was really happy and made me realize that it did not matter what the scale said. I will post more NSV's as they happen. I think I am on the brink of switching to a smaller pair of jeans (yay me!). :)

Welcome back! So sorry to hear that you were sick and possibly have a hernia. I will keep you in my prayers and hope all goes well tomorrow night.

I LOVE the idea of NSV's and really need to throw the scale away myself. I too let the scale dictate my mood for the day and that is just crazy, there is just no point to it. My first NSV would be getting a winter coat on last night that I couldn't wear on Christmas Eve AND it was over a sweater! I was really happy and made me realize that it did not matter what the scale said. I will post more NSV's as they happen. I think I am on the brink of switching to a smaller pair of jeans (yay me!). :)

that's awesome on both counts wdwfreak! i've always had a hard time finding a jacket that's cute fit over my arms properly and that fact that it fit over your sweater-WHOOT WHOOT!

been a minute since i've posted-i've been sick (i blame my 16yo for the cold' date=' can't blame her for the confusing pain on my lower right side-might be a hernia from surgery, but we'll find that out during a CT scan tomorrow night). quite honestly, i've been super exhausted just about every day for the last week and i'm tired of it, i want my energy back.

i posted some of mine above-my favorite was my compliment from victoria and the fact that i can wear (and zip!) so many pairs of the jeans i used to flow out of! how about you??[/quote']

Happy that you are back! I love the NSV idea I can feel my hip bones now!!

Happy that you are back! I love the NSV idea I can feel my hip bones now!!

How much do you weigh? I miss mine!

Great idea regarding the NSVs! (what does it stand for?) nice saying versus? lol!

Went back to work this week and I keep hearing how great I look, well rested and like I'm glowing. Everyone keeps saying how clear and nice my skin looks. I think some of my dark spots and malasma has cleared up. YEAH!!! Also, dropping a pant size is a major bonus! Yeah for RNY!!!

Good luck with the CT scan!

Last I checked 257. I have to squeeze but I can feel them now!!!

Mine aren't there yet hahaha soon I hope!

Great idea regarding the NSVs! (what does it stand for?) nice saying versus? lol!

Went back to work this week and I keep hearing how great I look' date=' well rested and like I'm glowing. Everyone keeps saying how clear and nice my skin looks. I think some of my dark spots and malasma has cleared up. YEAH!!! Also, dropping a pant size is a major bonus! Yeah for RNY!!!

Good luck with the CT scan![/quote']

Nsv = non-scale victory lol!

My NSV is that I'm smaller than my husband. Lol. My favorite jeans are huge on me especially in my thighs and legs. I walk without getting winded. I've had a had time with my emotions and I just had to take a step back and look at the positives and not want I perceive to be negative. I've lost 32 lbs. Yay me. I'm one month post op today. I do need to quit feeling sorry for myself and just take it one day at a time. This app and all of you has been just an amazing support family for me and I've incredible thankful for all of you. God Bless

Ok four days later and still at 228.8. How can I be eating so little and not losing this soon out?

This morning I weighed 227. The day of surgery I weighed 237 gained up to 250 in hospital. So basically in two weeks I've only lost 10 lbs or do I say 23? Anyway seems really slow to only lose 10 lbs in first two weeks. I did that before without surgery. It's so hard not to be discouraged or regretful and then add to it my constant nausea and horrific pain in my left side/back I'm really starting to wonder why the heck I did this. Somebody please remind me.