Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does this seem right

Yup. veggie does not equal salad. Here are some ideas that I make frequently:

Bruschetta - saute a large minced garlic clove, a half tsp of thyme, 3 or 4 sliced shallots and a small can of sliced button mushrooms until the shallots are sweated and the mushrooms are done popping. Sprinkling them with Kosher salt when you add them will help pull out the moisture. (I watch too much Alton Brown). When the sautee is done, add a large can of chopped tomatoes, drained. Cook until the tomatoes start to dry down a little, then top the pan off with chicken broth and reduce, repeat until you've added & reduced the whole carton. Slice a baguette in very thin slices. Top with a sized piece of provolone. When the Tomato mixture is done cooking (e.g. all broth is reduced out and tomatoes are "gooey"), place on top of the "croutons", and top with another piece of provolone. Bake until the cheese is brown & bubbly.

Veggie kabobs - one of the greatest ways to eat them. I use mushrooms, onions, hubby adds a few others. Just mist with evoo and grill.

Wrapped asparagus - wash a bundle or two of asaparagus and dry. Coat a cutting board with evoo and roll the asparagus in it (like with your hand on top of them, moving back and forth... like how you roll playdoh into a "worm"... whatever, you'll figure it out! :) ) Sprinkle with garlic powder. Gather into bundles of 5 or 6 stalkes and wrap either a piece of bacon around them, or a piece of proscuitto. Fasten with toothpick, and grill until done.

These are just a few, tons more out there. Don't let veggies be limited to "salad"!

you guys are so awesome for the tips, I will try to increase my Protein count and stop eating so much and start thinking sensibly. I just realized, I CANT COOK! I also scheduled myself for a fill after reading your responses.

Since you don't cook...maybe those frozen Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice. They aren't always the best, but better than junk.

Shawn

I suggest the South Beach Diet dinners with the Green Beans as the side. They are just right for me, and don't have too many carbs.

Sugar is the devil. Get off of it... easy to say and hard to do... I know.

Dear Chabutter:biggrin1:

We all need support and we all can have times when we eat the wrong stuff. None of us would have had the surgery if we could handle food properly "WELL" temptation.:(

Anytime you need a chat feel free.:) I am struggling at the moment got stuck at my current weight at the moment think i need a fill. I am able to eat naught stuff. I am far from perfert and temption creeps in. I can tell you. but most of the time I balance that with my determination to succede

Hugs Lana :)

First of all, 5 months is roughly 20 weeks, so you are losing between 1 to 2 lbs per week, which IS average, so you SHOULD be pretty happy about that, I think.

As for cooking, I realized I can't really either. I've gotten lots of marinades, and low calorie gravies, and usually I'll make up the gravy mix and put it in a pan, just covering some meat (beef/pork/chicken), and cook that in the oven at 350 for about 40 minutes. The sodium can get a bit high, but it's easy, and you can just do up a veggie, like green Beans to go on the side. Once I started doing that, I was cooking for my fiance and myself almost every night. It's been pretty cool for us too, because he'll come down and help with the veggie or other side dish. :)