Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My belt

Gents: I've been wearing the same sturdy leather belt for 15 years. Today I [needed to] cut a new hole in the belt, [because my pants kept falling to my knees]. Made me feel like a million bucks.

How are you guys celebrating?

that is awesome.

Gents: I've been wearing the same sturdy leather belt for 15 years. Today I [needed to] cut a new hole in the belt' date=' [because my pants kept falling to my knees']. Made me feel like a million bucks.

How are you guys celebrating?

Congrats!

Im celebrating by purging old clothes and getting new ones. I can't believe some of the stuff i used to wear, and even those were tight!

My surgery was 12/4 and I've gone down 5 pants size and 2 different belts. Close to going down another shirt size. Can't wait to start to really wear the good designer stuff. I have a North Face jacket sitting in my closet that I give another week and should be wearing it without any issues.

I must have donated at least 5 bags of clothes to the local church.

Cut another new hole in the belt this morning. Off all meds [diabetes, high-blood pressure, cholesterol, et al].

Down 46 lbs in 5 weeks. Other than the obscene sporadic Constipation, [and blood loss/transfusions at the onset] this process has been rewarding.

I do need to exercise more as I am also losing some muscle I think. Anyone else?

I'm about 7 weeks and hit the big 50 last week. I've started to walk and do the elliptical daily and hope to tone this flab up. I can't get a straight answer on when I can start to using weights.

JPR: I had my 6 week doctors appt this morning. We can use "light" weights, but are advised to "go slow" at first until we are more comfortable/healed. Just FYI

Thanks GC.... Good to know My surgery was Dec 4th so I'm a little past the 6 wks, but I've been doing a lot of cardio ( Treadmill and Elliptical). I've noticed that my stamina has increased which I'm amped about.

I am 11 months post-op. I have dropped from a size 3X in shirts down to a size Small and from a size 46 in pants down to a size 33. I replaced my whole wardrobe and had a lot of fun doing it.