Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not even a wine drinker...and I'm craving it.... It's going to be a long six months!

6 months?? My dr says 12months!! I am

A big cocktail, wine, beer drinker and thought this was going to be harder but, it wasn't NOW coffeeeeee is a different story, can't give it up & not willing to alter it with Decaf :(

I'm a big beer drinker... I just told my friends No food and no alcohol...I'm in hell aren't I? They just laughed.. I've also been told when you can drink again you won't be able to drink like you did before... I actually stopped drinking coffee and sodas Nov. 7th because I knew it would be hard to stop cold turkey. I was an at least 6-7 cans of coke drinker a day on top of my two cups of coffee every morning.. I had a headache for damn near 3 weeks straight, but I'm good now!

I'm a big beer drinker... I just told my friends No food and no alcohol...I'm in hell aren't I? They just laughed.. I've also been told when you can drink again you won't be able to drink like you did before... I actually stopped drinking coffee and sodas Nov. 7th because I knew it would be hard to stop cold turkey. I was an at least 6-7 cans of coke drinker a day on top of my two cups of coffee every morning.. I had a headache for damn near 3 weeks straight' date=' but I'm good now![/quote']

Good for you!!!! I have gone from a VENTI to a TALL so I'm happy with that but plan to withdraw from daily coffees~ as far as the drinking :( I was told its mess up our pouches if we tried now so that scared me enough to just quit but new years and Christmas was not the same - I don't get drunk but I do enjoy my little buzz to losen me up-- maybe a yr out we can get together for a support group at a bar lol ;)

I'm not stopping cafe for nada in the world. I love cafe from every where. Starbucks it's my favorite. Went from venti to tall also. From mocha latte to skinny mocha with whip cream. Hell I love my whip cream. I don't over do it. From twice a week when I used to work to once every 2-4 weeks max. I switch from regular to decafe.

I haven't given up coffee all together with my crazy life and schedule I can't!!! I do half cafe and when at Starbucks I always order tall and order skinny anything or vanilla roba (decaf)

.::SurgeryDate 7/25/12::.

But Decaf? ? What's the point? I get my coffee for the caffeine and I just can't open my mouth to say decaf when I'm at the window ordering lol... I guess I just figure if I'm going to be BAD I'm going to be BAD all the way!! ;)

As for cokes, I used to be hooked but I honestly don't miss it-- I did try and took a few drinks outta my hub's cup and ended up with a major UTI and not sure if it was the coke but the fact that it happen right after that has kept me from going for another drink

That's why I wish I would DUMP cause it'd keep me from any sugar but since I don't- I sometimes take a bite here and there (self control is soooo hard)

I posted this on another thread: be sure that you don't develop a transfer addiction with alcohol. It's very easy to convince yourself that you DESERVE a treat for being 'good,' and suddenly you're in the throes of another addiction! I speak from experience---I am currently detoxing from a ridiculous wine habit. SO DUMB--wasted calories and wasted time toward my goal of taking care of myself and living a healthy life.

I found a alcohol free wine called FRE it's made by Sutter Homes. The have 6 different flavors, such as Red Blend and Moscato. I bought it for the holidays, it was very good. Best part was not as many calories as regular wine, an 8 oz glass of the red blend has 70 calories.

I found a alcohol free wine called FRE it's made by Sutter Homes. The have 6 different flavors' date=' such as Red Blend and Moscato. I bought it for the holidays, it was very good. Best part was not as many calories as regular wine, an 8 oz glass of the red blend has 70 calories.[/quote']

I am going to look for this! I love wine and have had a couple sips on New Year's Eve and realized I've missed it! Moscato being one of my favs!:)

.::SurgeryDate 7/25/12::.

I have become what I call a "coffee-snob". I have a machine that grinds the Beans and brews the coffee BEFORE I get out of bed! I NEVER thought I could give up caffeine. I started with half and half then a couple of months ago, I switched to all decalf! I never really had a headache. I still miss the caffeine, but can make it through the day without it. Since I've given up caffeine and wine, I do sleep better!

Hello,

Congrats to you all.

I'm a beer drinker as well. But I usually like gin and tonics.

So I might forget beer and drink the gin.

I don't know...lol...

Does anyone know what the big deal is about caffeine? I can see in excess but a cup or two of coffee or tea a day? Why not?

I used to adore a strong coffee but now I can't stand the smell of it, especially if an empty cup is not moved right away. I was a beer and cider drinker luckily in the UK there are quite a few beers and ciders that are not carbonated. My NUT said I should not have alcohol for 3 months.