Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

coming up from the abyss...

Well...

some of you might remember i was pretty desperate a few weeks ago.Not only with my eating behaviour but also my personal life.

I had a consultation with a therapist for my marriage/self esteem/stress/eating issues,went back on Effexor and

also signed up for parenting classes to get new ideas on how to manage the stress kids come with!(love doesn't solve everything!):)

I have been taking the meds for 3 weeks now and the difference is astonishing.I used to wake up and wonder if i would have a 'black' day or a happy day...no in between!

Now i feel like i am on an even keel and i can manage stress better than 3 weeks ago.

I find the eating craziness has stopped as well.I don't know if that has to do with the meds or if it's just that i am less stressed but i'll take it.

Since i feel better it has had a positive effect on my marriage.I feel closer to him and since i show him more affection he does too.

My doctor said it could take up to six weeks to have signs of improvement so i hope it's all uphill(downhill for weight though!)

from here.

Chantal

Chantal, Good for you! Stress and depression are illnesses just like any other. I'm so glad that you got the meds you need to control them. It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling better and happier. Your husband, your kids, and you deserve all the happiness in the world! Take care of yourself and please keep us updated.:):( :(

Chantal, that is really wonderful news! Thank you so much for the update. :)

You mean there are classes to help us deal with our little mons...um, I mean, lovely delightful children? Where do I sign up?!?!?!

Great to have you back, Chantal. My fingers are crossed that it's all uphill from here too!!

Welcome back Chantal!!

I understand. It's funny how the world seems to take on a little color after starting an anti-depressant that actually helps. I tell people, 'and on the 5th day, there was color. " I don't know how to explain it any better except my world had taken on a really 'gray' feel. I really did feel like I was seeing color again for the first time.

I really hope this is just what you needed to get you back on the right track. Until one has walked that same walk, there is no way they can truly understand.

God bless.

Leatha

Thanks guys!

I also wanted to share that the 10 pounds i gained from those 3 weeks are gone!Just like that.

Instead of thinking i was a failure like in the past and go on to gain 50 more, i shook myself off and went back to eating right and voila, 10 pounds go bye bye!!!

I guess i have learned alot since being banded!

I am back to 190 and feeling great!

Now....if only i could actually get exercising!soon ,soon.:)

Chantal

Chantal

Glad to hear you are doing better. It's amazing what a little pill can do huh? I was on Paxil for a couple of years and it was a miracle drug for me at that time in my life. Hope your happiness continues to flourish...it can only get better from here. You seem to have a great outlook on things now...that is wonderful! Good for you :)

Chantal I take effexor and have wondered if it made any diffrence in my weight coming off. Reading your post makes me feel better about the effexor. I am really glad you are feeling better. How old are your children? Continued best wishes...Janie

Hi!

Ryan is 5.He is going to be 6 January1 and Renée is 2.I love them to pieces!

The effexor has some side effects since i am only in the first few weeks but hopefully the tiredness and headache will go away!

I have to convinvce my self to eat that is the only good side effect and i hope it stays!!!Too bad we can't pick our side effects!

C

Stde effects story. One time my two grown daughters were driving me thru Wal-Greens to pick up my prescriptipn. I was in the back seat behind the driver. I started reading the possible side effects, and wanted to ask a question about one of them . My daughter said " Mom let me drive you up so you can ask yourself". So she drove up two feet and rolled down my window with the automatic window opener. I looked in and got all fllustered and said um um DO I HAVE TO HAVE ALL THESE SIDE EFFECTS? The pharmist looked at me and said no mam. My daughters started laughing and sped off. They told me they couldnt take me anywhere. Guess you would have to really had to be there. Oh well...Janie

Chantal,

So glad to hear things are going better...I too have been there and it is amazing what a little serotonin can do when it sticks...I haven't tried Effexor but am on Lexapro and it is way better than anything I've ever taken!

Here's to feeling better!

Chantal -

So so glad things are looking up again! I was on Wellbutrin for 6 months, and it saved my life. Whoo hooo!

:)