Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Underwear During Surgery?

I have worked in theatre as an RN

Is that kind of like, "I'm not a nurse, but I play one on tv"?

:heh: :heh:

Oh God, now I'm freaked out because I'm pretty sure I'll have my period on surgery day. Should I bring this up to their attention? Add it to the list of my worries....thank God I got put on these anti-anxiety pills!:D

Oh my gosh, I fell off my chair laughing at some of the cute responses. I needed the laugh today. Thank you.

I work in the medical field and when I see naked hoo-hoo, hoo-ha, pooty or whatever, it is like looking at the side of a car. Try not to stress out over this. They don't give a rip about our pooties. I promise.

I was more hysterical about being inflated with air and looking like an inflated pig on a tiny operating table with my poor thoobies flopping into my arm pits when I laid on my back....Oh my gosh, I hope they were looking at my pooty instead. My poor saggy body. LOL. (Hope we made ya feel better!)

Lucy

:D As a surgical nurse I can assure you that the staff and the doctor DO NOT CARE about your "personals". Every day we do the same thing just to different patients. Now if a trumpet came out and started playing yankee doodle, ya we might look shocked ha ha. My underwear wasn't on for my surgery, and I didn't care.

No undies here. And I didn't care in the least. Underwear was the farthest thing from my mind. I mean - if I didn't mind laying there with no bra on, and my flab hanging all over the table, a naked pooty in the room with medical professionals certainly wasn't going to phase me. I mean - I have paps, and there the person is trying to look... during the surgery, any sight would be incidental.

Never heard of doing the surgery between someone's legs. My incisions are too high up, there's no way unless someone was laying on top of me.

Your answers make me laugh- you need to write a book!

I had undies on, they told me to leave them on. I would rather have gone without undies and not had to wear those dang things on my feet (those paper slippers that have a seam that gets jammed between your toes like a goat- that made me nuts!)

hang in there before you can think about being without undies you'll be asleep and wake up banded and proud!

:D As a surgical nurse I can assure you that the staff and the doctor DO NOT CARE about your "personals"...Now if a trumpet came out and started playing yankee doodle, ya we might look shocked ha ha.

OMG...I am laughing so hard that there are actually TEARS rolling down my cheeks! :lol::P:laugh :):lol::D :laugh:lolB: :lol::lolB::laugh

I am traveling on business and I am afraid they are going to call security to see what the commotion is in here! I think it is time for me to head to bed before you get me thrown out of my hotel!!

Sweet dreams...and THANK YOU for the best laugh I have had all week!

:notagree :notagree:notagree

...(humming Yankee Doodle as I shuffle off to bed)...

If you wear them into surgery, who knows if they take them off and put them back on while you are out! YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW!! I think I will wear my rhinestone crotchless thong, they will get a BIG OLE surprise!

LOL! now i don't know what i am more freaked about - being nekkie or having kids!!! :faint:

Definitely be more afraid of having kids! Being nekid wont last long......kids are FOREVER!!!!!

Is that kind of like, "I'm not a nurse, but I play one on tv"?

:heh: :heh:

Hi Wheetsin

I am an RN, here in Australia if a person works in the operating theatre we usually shorten the term to theatre. I dont work in "OT" these days- its telehealth now ( no thats not tv, its telephone triarge etc)

I'm sorry but this is the funniest thread I've seen! I wasn't worried about the dr seeing my kooch cuz theres this big ol roll of fat that flops down over it! LOL Maybe he lifted it up to take a peek. ROFL

Apparently you've not had children yet. Wait until you're pooping on the table and then tell me you're worried about wearing panties.

When I had my first surgery when i was like 13 I told the doctor that i didn't want to take off my underwear. He replied no prob. we take them off when your under. So if it would make you feel better ask if they can take it off after you are out. But honestly once they give you the happy meds you will not care who sees you naked. And seeing a naked person does not phase them in the least. So all in all don't worry about it.

LOL-I have to say I'd be more freaked out having them take off my undies then just doing it myself beforehand!

Guest Krysia

If you wear them into surgery, who knows if they take them off and put them back on while you are out! YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW!! I think I will wear my rhinestone crotchless thong, they will get a BIG OLE surprise!

LOL! Just make sure there's no metal on them, because they'll use a cauterizer, and will slap a grounding sticker on your thigh... If you've got metal on somewhere... ZZzZZZZAP!

And panties will become the least of your concerns.

LOL-I have to say I'd be more freaked out having them take off my undies then just doing it myself beforehand!
Uh... yeah, same here.

If they'd said to me, "You can wear underwear, but we'll just take them off once you're out" my panties would have been off faster than if I'd just seen young Sean Connery giving me bedroom eyes.

Here's my perspective. And one of my worries:

How the heck are they going to get my ass off the gurney and onto the operating table? Gumby on a cracker, good thing I won't be awake for the humiliation of them not having enough nurses on the clock to heave-ho me over there!

So now add to that...

Not only do they have to heave-ho me over there, but once that's been done, they now have to find a few people to.. ahem... elevate my buttocks enough that my panties can be pulled down.

Or they'll just say "F*** it" and shear the damn things off with the scalpel. And then probably bill me for it, to boot!