Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unflavored Protein Powder

Hello all!

I bought the powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury but I can't get past the taste in yogurt, crystal light etc. I was going to cook with it but it only says up to 140 degrees. Anyone try another unflavored that you can actually cook with?? Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

I don't cook with it; I add a scoop to my portion before eating. If it's heated, it chuncks and am not sure how much good it can be, Protein wise I mean.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

You have to cook the food first for instance, I put it in mashed potatoes or mix with baked potato after I cook/ warm it up. Remember it can not be hot or it will change texture. It goes great in cottage cheese - try this recipe!

1/4 low fat brookstone cottage cheese

1 teaspoon sugar free tarni Carmel Syrup

Chopped apple

Cran raisins

Mixes 1/2 scoop unflavored powder into cottage cheese add apple and cran raisin and pour syrup on top.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Wow, a little disappointed after reading your posts. I just ordered some of the unflavored Protein Powder hoping to add it to foods that I didn't want additional flavor. Didn't realize that it would be that hard to use. Rats! Guess next time I'll research a little more.

I guess my issue is I like my food hot and 140 degrees is not that hot and it gets cold fast. I guess I'm just complaining. I tried it in yogurt but I can taste it. Maybe it will work in something like Wendy's chili.

hope you find some way that you like it. i use it yogurt and cottage cheese but i make this crazy concoction with sugar free fat free instant pudding mixed into it too so i don't taste it at all.

i have put it in applesauce and you do kinda know it is there

when you can have refried Beans, heat those to 130 or so and then add a scoop of that in there and I bet you won't taste it and wow that would be some Protein there.

Can you add it to cold foods before their heated? Seems like you can't add it to foods already too warm but how about mixing the Protein powder to the cold food and then heating? It still doesn't work?

I have a friend who pup it I in stuffed shells and the like before heating but I'm afraid too.

Yes, mine stares at me everytime I open the cupboard. lol

Ladies, you might try adding some of the plain into one of your flavored Proteins as a shake. maybe a scoop of your choco and half scoop of the plain to up the Protein and to get rid of it. If you are eating yogurt you can hide it in there pretty well. I have stirred it into Soups pre op but yes you do want the temp to be around 130. Not sure about cooking with it. But I bet if you wrote Unjury, com they could tell you how you could cook with it.

I just got this in an email hope it helps

UNJURY Unflavored: the Right Ways to Use

3.jpg

Unflavored Unjury can be added to beverages and many foods. Here are some of the favorite ways to use.

First, do not mix UNJURY Unflavored in plain Water. In water, you know it’s there. But you will be surprised how completely it disappears in fruit flavored Crystal Light, Orange juice, Jell-O recipes and more.

That is partly because UNJURY Unflavored is so clean and so thoroughly ultra-filtered. And unlike some similar products, UNJURY Unflavored has no added sweeteners or flavors.

If you are lactose intolerant, please be assured that UNJURY Unflavored has 0 grams of lactose. Many customers who are lactose intolerant do well with UNJURY Unflavored.

Favorites (these will vary by medical situation):

Beverages (mix in 8 oz., or 16 oz. if desired):

• Orange Juice/ Orange Crystal Light
  • Fruit Flavored Crystal Light... Fruit Punch, Raspberry...
  • V-8 Juice
  • Smoothie Recipes (see our website www.UNJURY.com or call 1-800-517-5111 for details)
  • Milk for Cereal
  • Coffee (not hotter than 140 F)*

Food:

• Jell-O Recipes (see our website www.UNJURY.com or call 1-800-517-5111 for details)
  • Yogurt - Start with a third of a scoop and mix to desired consistency
  • Applesauce - Start with a third of a scoop and mix to desired consistency
  • Oatmeal (e-mail Nutrition@UNJURY.com for recipe or call 1-800-517-5111 for details)
  • Cream of Wheat (e-mail Nutrition@UNJURY.com for recipe or call 1-800-517-5111 for details)
  • Pudding Recipe (see our website www.UNJURY.com or call 1-800-517-5111 for details)
  • Soup (*note temperature information below)
  • Tomato Sauce- Start with 1 scoop and mix into 1 cup of Tomato sauce
  • Mayonnaise -Stir 1 scoop into 1 cup mayo[1] (use to make chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad, as sandwich spread, anywhere you use mayonnaise)
  • Salad Dressing- Start with 1 scoop and mix into 1 cup of salad dressing
  • Pudding popsicle recipes (e-mail Nutrition@UNJURY.com for recipe or call 1-800-517-5111 for details)

Be sure to visit UNJURY on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/UNJURY to view more recipes and usage ideas!

I've found that if I don't mix in a full scoop you can't taste it at all. I mix it in everything before I cook it. Soups, yogurt, even eggs before I scramble! Just portion out how many scoops you want per day and add it little by little to everything you consume throughout the day until you run out for the day! Hope this helps!

I may try using a little here and there. So far I can taste it in everything.

I haven't tried it yet. What does it taste like?