Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Canadians? Ontario?

@@Ivanova8

I was assigned the same surgeon at St Mikes and when I spoke to his receptionist she advised of the fact that the hospital would not be doing anymore. I spoke with her about two weeks ago. Then I went back to TWH because i knew they had dates in Jan(I asked then when I met with the surgeon from. St Mikes). I was reassigned a new surgeon at TWH with a few days of emailing my nurse. I met the surgeon last week, already had my Optifast ( which he reduced from three weeks to two -st mikes wanted me to do three but TWH said that my bmi was such that I only needed to do two ????). I have my pre admin on Dec 22 and surgery on Jan 13. Plus I got a whole surgery binder with helpful info that I didn't get from my St Mikes doctor. In the end its your health and you have the right to advocate for it

@@cab127 Thanks for all the information cab127. I really appreciate it.

I've been calling the doc's office all morning but I keep getting voice mail. I'm holding out for a real person since you said they didn't return your messages. In the meantime though I went ahead and wrote to my nurse and asked her if she could help move up my surgery dates. Basically I outlined to her what you said without mentioning that I got it from here.

It's funny sometime back in November I actually did get through to Dr. Grantcharov's office and the receptionist said they were booking dates in the Spring. It was such a shock and she was in such a rush that I didn't ask any follow-up questions. After I hung up I remember thinking though that maybe that was for "other" people and that the patients in the bariatric program were somehow different. So although I was initially alarmed I blew it off. Boy was that a mistake!

Thanks for the encouragement and the reminder that we have to advocate for ourselves. I'm so glad we have this forum as a resource. Thanks again.

@@Ivanova8

Do hold out for a live voice. That way you can ask the questions you need to. I really appreciate this space to connect with people on the same journey for support. Let's hoping you can get an earlier date. The team at TWH told me that OHIP assigns a certain number of surgeries per hospital and I guess some hospitals get there faster than others.

So I contacted my nurse practitioner earlier this week and told her about the big wait with the other doctor. Long story short I met the new surgeon yesterday and my surgery is scheduled for January 12. I'm tickled pink, a lot nervous all of a sudden and I couldn't be happier! Thanks cab127 for your suggestions.

So I contacted my nurse practitioner earlier this week and told her about the big wait with the other doctor. Long story short I met the new surgeon yesterday and my surgery is scheduled for January 12. I'm tickled pink, a lot nervous all of a sudden and I couldn't be happier! Thanks cab127 for your suggestions.

I am so happy for you . You will be post op by the time I have my surfery on Jan 13. Good luck with the pre-op diet . Before you kniw our journey will have begum!

Anyone from Calgary, AB? I'm due to be banded January 2015 ahhh!

@@cab127 It's amazing. First I'm thinking I have to wait until April or later and now it's just a month away. Wow! I guess someone must have cancelled their surgery. Now it's time to start practicing some of my new habits in earnest.

Good luck to you as well with the Opt-fast. I start Dec 29. I've been collecting Opti-fast recipes so hopefully that will help. Plus they had chocolate in stock when I ordered on Friday. When do you start the Opti?

By the way do you go to the TWH bariatric support group meetings on Wednesday evenings? I haven't gone since October and I'd like to get in some visits in before surgery. Just wondering if they were meeting on the 17 and 31 of December.

Ivanova

@Ivanova8. The stars must be aligned for you that you got a cancellation. I haven't been to any of those support group meetings. I would be interested in any receipes you have for Optifast. When I orderd they only had vanilla. I got some sugar free flavorings online at the Low Carb store. I was originally told three weeks for optifast by St Mikes doctor and then two weeks by TWH. So we compromised and decided on 2.5. I start Dec 26th.

Let's stay focus on our goal. ????

It's amazing to see when someone's advice on here helps another person come closer to their surgery! I'm listening in with eager ears and taking stock of what works. I really appreciate when you all post about your experiences. And congrats on the surgery dates moving up. It'll be here before you know it!

Hi! I'm also in Ottawa :)

Edited by anewme15

@@cab127 Yes, I guess I'd have. I'm still amazed by it. I'm taking it as a good sign that all is as it's meant to be.

This list of recipes I got from Tracey 112205 on Obesity Help so I want to give her credit. There's a group there called OH Ontario Recipes. I hope you like them.

Queen of Opti and I loved it so here goes some ideas.

Always use extra liquid and lots of ice, blended is best,not just shaken.

Vanilla with rootbeer extract.

Vanilla with cinnamon mixed in.

Vanilla made with cold coffee.< /span>

Vanilla made with pineapple passionfruit crystal light, add some rum extract, coconut extract, banana extract, instant pina colada

Vanilla made with Water and add a splash of SF caramel syrup

Vanilla made with extra strong cold chai tea and extra cardammon.

Vanilla with tangerine grapefruit crystal light

Vanilla made with coffee and 1/2 tsp of pumpkie pie spice

Vanilla with 1 tsp of instant coffee and some maple extract

Chocolate with some coconut extract.

Chocolate with SF caramel Syrup.< /span>

Chocolate with mint extract (very small amount and this one is super strong)

Chocolate with orange extract

Chocolate with cold coffee.

Chocolate with banana extract.

Chocolate made with strong mint tea
Nice compromise on the 2.5 weeks on Opti! The less the better it seems like.
Staying focused and practicing good habits now. Those are my two biggest tasks.

@@anewme2015 Thanks! I love reading about everyone's experiences too. There's really no one in my personal life that can relate to what I'm going through. My husband is supportive but he doesn't have a weight/eating problem. I don't post a lot but I do get inspiration and good tips and information from reading so much on here.

And it's great when we get to Celebrate someone having their surgery.

Hi! I've just started my process. Went for the group info session in July and had my 1st appointment with the APN 2 weeks ago :). Meeting the dietician and behaviorist on Jan 23rd. Can't wait!! This is so exciting :)