Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

My surgeon had a superman tee shirt underneath his scrubs this morning. That's the last thing I remember. How awesome is that?

So' date=' I am starving!! My nurse says its probably thirst, but I assured her you don't get to be my size without being familiar hunger(-;

I am so pleased with how I've been treated. They gave me some awesome lip moisturizer. I brought all kinds of stuff, but no need. They have these little sponges for me to suck on. Perfect little sips.

Did I mention that IM STARVING??? The gas pains are the only issues. Behind my chest and ribs. DID I MENTION MY STOMACH IS BBQing MY RIBS??

I hope all of you pre-opers have as easy as an experience day of surgery as I did. I might have already mentioned that I'm STARVING![/quote']

That's legit! I was wondering if eating the sponges would b a bad thing??? Guess ill find out tomorrow . I'm glad u r doing well thank u for sharing it has put me more at ease.

Yay! Our first post opers reporting back! Congrats both of you!!

My surgeon had a superman tee shirt underneath his scrubs this morning. That's the last thing I remember. How awesome is that?

So' date=' I am starving!! My nurse says its probably thirst, but I assured her you don't get to be my size without being familiar hunger(-;

I am so pleased with how I've been treated. They gave me some awesome lip moisturizer. I brought all kinds of stuff, but no need. They have these little sponges for me to suck on. Perfect little sips.

Did I mention that IM STARVING??? The gas pains are the only issues. Behind my chest and ribs. DID I MENTION MY STOMACH IS BBQing MY RIBS??

I hope all of you pre-opers have as easy as an experience day of surgery as I did. I might have already mentioned that I'm STARVING![/quote']

The nurses at my hospital were wonderful. Glad to hear you have wonderful nurses. They make your recovery easier.

That's legit! I was wondering if eating the sponges would b a bad thing??? Guess ill find out tomorrow . I'm glad u r doing well thank u for sharing it has put me more at ease.

I recant my compliments. Can you believe they wouldn't give me bacon and eggs in my IV?

So I am spitting up blood. I want to burp so bad, it hurts. But when I do, this rancid tasting phlegmish stuff comes up. Sorry if that's gross.

*********************lmk how you do********************

I made all done

Surgery went well! Dealing with pain issues. We will see if I get to go home today...keep fingers crossed!

Hello everyone ! Day two post op ! Just got home from the hospital ! The pain was better than I thought ! Key it to get up an walk walk walk !! Im tolerating liquids well but don't feel hungry ! I was wondering how the pain pills would work because of mal absorption but I cut them in three pieces and took them about 15 minutes apart ! Thanks for support !!

Today went great def pain but its tolerable, hope for the best for every1

I made it.. I am so happy it's still unbelievable to me..surgery went great and so far just a little pain..I'm just now at 6:00 am sipping my water..I am quite nervous about I'm scared I will drink to fast or it's not gonna agree with my pouch...congrats all my surgery buddies..and all that has gone before us..it's amazing...and a early congrats those that will come after us..best wishes .I'M A "LOSER" now when my family calls me a loser I will definitely say that's right...

Congrats! My hospital my gave a bunch of 1 oz cups and I was to drink 1 every 15 min. That way you don't drink too much. Now that I'm home I can drink one every 10 min. Drinking a Protein drink right now. Woke up at 5 and can't go back to sleep. I can't have more pain meds till 8 but I'm doing ok without it right now. So happy for you!

Lisa :-)

Congrats! My hospital my gave a bunch of 1 oz cups and I was to drink 1 every 15 min. That way you don't drink too much. Now that I'm home I can drink one every 10 min. Drinking a Protein drink right now. Woke up at 5 and can't go back to sleep. I can't have more pain meds till 8 but I'm doing ok without it right now. So happy for you!

Lisa :-)

Glad you're home and everything of ok..

What kind of Protein drinks to you have...the only ones I have seen only have like ten mg of Protein I will be drinking them all day..do you have out recommend any

Still dealing with pain but it is tolerable for right now. Walking and sipping so doing good in that area.

Pain is tolerable..have a question all of a sudden I feel like a hot air balloon is that nornaml? My undies are tighter than they were before surgey yesterday..and my stomach looks more like I should be on the maternity ward