Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did You Ever Feel Like You Were Punished For Vanity?

Hey guys.. I had a rough week. Two surgeries. The second was for a quickly formed stricture from a staple. Anyway, the pain, vomiting and fear of the second surgery made me do into a deep feeling. I was afraid I was being punished for vanity. Yes I said it. I did this to be healthy but there is the cry of the skinny jean too. Am I alone?

I am with you. Though I must confess, slipping into an 8/10 dress today felt pretty good.

Still can't get small jeans on.

I think there is a little vanity in all of us. I like looking better and feeling better. Really like all the compliments... Nothing to be ashamed of. Worm... Glad you are doing better. So sorry for the rough start

Hey guys.. I had a rough week. Two surgeries. The second was for a quickly formed stricture from a staple. Anyway' date=' the pain, vomiting and fear of the second surgery made me do into a deep feeling. I was afraid I was being punished for vanity. Yes I said it. I did this to be healthy but there is the cry of the skinny jean too. Am I alone?

[/quote']

People get help, training and coaching in every part of their lives - u should feel great about helping yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Nothing feels better then skinny jeans not fat jeans. You will be ok think positive

Hey guys.. I had a rough week. Two surgeries. The second was for a quickly formed stricture from a staple. Anyway' date=' the pain, vomiting and fear of the second surgery made me do into a deep feeling. I was afraid I was being punished for vanity. Yes I said it. I did this to be healthy but there is the cry of the skinny jean too. Am I alone?

[/quote']

Hey don't be sad. I do understand how you've come to this conclusion, but I don't feel that anyone would be punished for vanity. Hold on things will get better.

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 201

Firstly i hope you are feeling better. It must have been a very hard week for you. About the feelings you are having ... Maybe you should think about what would happen to your health if you hadn't done the operation? What would you say to yourself in another 5 years ? Im sure that you didn't do this operation just to look good. You did it for a better healthier better life., and i hope that the healthy part starts asap! !!

Heather I think your feelings are perfectly normal and healthy. I sometimes think I am doing this solely for health reasons and forget that I actually might improve my appearance in the process. I have thought of myself in such a non attractive or worth a second look for so long it has become second nature. I hope with this surgery comes health above all but also some self esteem and some caring about makeup and clothes to some degree. Not so much vanity as just simply caring about how I look when I go out and liking what I see in the mirror. And to know how to accept a compliment. This is all new. Be kind to yourself you are doing things for all the right reasons and you have been through a lot, You have earned all the successes you are going to have down the road. Please feel better. I worry for you and want you well my friend.

Thanks guys!! I appreciate it. I just rem my dr telling my husband after surgery that I had 'perfect anatomy'. I thought wow and you just wrecked it. Yes I did this for health and a better life with my hubby but I also did this for my mental state and some looks. :-).

We are all worth looking better and feeling better about ourselves.

Love it Nicole!

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 201

Thanks guys!! I appreciate it. I just rem my dr telling my husband after surgery that I had 'perfect anatomy'. I thought wow and you just wrecked it. Yes I did this for health and a better life with my hubby but I also did this for my mental state and some looks. :-).

We are all worth looking better and feeling better about ourselves.

Worm how weird is it that we both had it done at McGee and I have to have mine done twice at 2 weeks out I was blocked and was vomiting everything even Water very painful as well I was regretting my surgery and I didn't want operated on again I was very scared about that so I think I know Ur pain we both prepared ourself well but I still believe I didn't prepare myself enough the mental part of this all is just a lot I say it's getting easier I'm a month out now but I hope it gets better for us both

[/quote']

Vanity can be overwhelming, but I definitely would say you're being punished at all, I think your amount of vanity is completely normal considering the circumstances.

I have to catch myself with these thoughts. I caught myself thinking the other day about a morbidly obese customer "man do you seriously need 10 pumps of sugar in your frappacino? Really? You're disgusting look what you've done to yourself. At least I did something about my weight" etc. when I catch myself thinking those things I feel horrible and know I'm just pointing feelings towards myself onto other people. I'd even say that I'm starting to dislike overweight people, maybe because I'm jealous I can't do what I used to do. I've been having more of a feeling of "I'm better than you" than "I'm better than I was" and that's not healthy at all and I need to work on it.

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary 6/11/2012

Vanity can be overwhelming' date=' but I definitely would say you're being punished at all, I think your amount of vanity is completely normal considering the circumstances.

I have to catch myself with these thoughts. I caught myself thinking the other day about a morbidly obese customer "man do you seriously need 10 pumps of sugar in your frappacino? Really? You're disgusting look what you've done to yourself. At least I did something about my weight" etc. when I catch myself thinking those things I feel horrible and know I'm just pointing feelings towards myself onto other people. I'd even say that I'm starting to dislike overweight people, maybe because I'm jealous I can't do what I used to do. I've been having more of a feeling of "I'm better than you" than "I'm better than I was" and that's not healthy at all and I need to work on it.

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary 6/11/2012[/quote']

Lebim, I like how you were mature enough to catch yourself....that's all that matters cause we all are growing and learning together. Your story I'm sure will bless someone else.

Nothing feels better then skinny jeans not fat jeans. You will be ok think positive

Nothing feels better than leggings without a "hangover"!!!