Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Made The Right Choice In A Very Short Time! So Happy!

I am new here.... I originally scheduled to do a lapband this month but my physician had called me and wanted to talk to me before the surgery on Nov 15. So I went to see her... And I was so glad that I did it! She wanted me to check out the gastric bypass surgery before I choose what I realy eanted to do. She does not want me to spend twice in a procedure if the lapband will not work! So, i listened to her and canceled the lapband surgery! I am currently meeting with a surgeon for bypass on the 12th.... So we can start the process...

I am new here.... I originally scheduled to do a lapband this month but my physician had called me and wanted to talk to me before the surgery on Nov 15. So I went to see her... And I was so glad that I did it! She wanted me to check out the gastric bypass surgery before I choose what I realy eanted to do. She does not want me to spend twice in a procedure if the lapband will not work! So' date=' i listened to her and canceled the lapband surgery! I am currently meeting with a surgeon for bypass on the 12th.... So we can start the process...[/quote']

Congrats and welcome to our side. Mine was in July and I've lost 85 pounds already! You will be happy with this choice!!

What an awesome doc. I am glad you listened. Seven years ago and endocrinologist told me had i ever considered weight loss surgery. I was taken back a bit cause i wasn't 100 pounds over weight. But he wanted me to do it for my type 2 diabetes. Well being all stubborn and thinking I knew so much more, I got the lap band, he told me I needed the gastric bypass, but nope not me, I didn't need anything so drastic, so I fought for the band. I have gained and lost the same 35 pounds many times over in the past seven years. Never did the lap band help my diabetes. The doc was right. NOW i know what he meant. I am having my band removed and revised to RNY this coming Wednesday. I have about 60 pounds to lose now, I have lost 20 since May. Doesn't sound Like a lot, but hopefully this surgery will reduce or eliminate my need for insulin, and help me lose the weight my very short under five foot body is carrying and give me some healthy years. I never had any horror stories with the band. And I think if I had not had anything done, I would weight a lot more now then if I had no band at all. But I think how much healthier I would have been these past seven years if I had listened to the doc.

i also went to the free seminar with my mind pretty set on the lapband but i gotta tell you when i walked out of there it had totally changed my mind and glad it did i was 301 in january of this year my rny was on 8/22 and i am 93 lbs down since Jan 62 since 8/22 i have been huge for many years and all the complications i was having i am no longer on 3 meds for diabetes and no longer on high blood pressure meds or even the meds for my legs. So with that im glad you listened to your primary doc and going with the RNY instead..Get ready for the new you i still think it is funny when i havent seen someone in a few months and happen to run into them they walk by because they didn't realize it was me till i say hi so much fun...congrats on your decision to move onto the loosing side itss great to be associated with a bunch of loosers lol

I am new here.... I originally scheduled to do a lapband this month but my physician had called me and wanted to talk to me before the surgery on Nov 15. So I went to see her... And I was so glad that I did it! She wanted me to check out the gastric bypass surgery before I choose what I realy eanted to do. She does not want me to spend twice in a procedure if the lapband will not work! So' date=' i listened to her and canceled the lapband surgery! I am currently meeting with a surgeon for bypass on the 12th.... So we can start the process...[/quote']

I too had my mind set on the Lapland but after the seminar I changed my mind and decided to pursue the RNY. I Did my research as well and found it is more successful than the lapband, and you can loss a substantial amount of weight! I am in the process of getting all my test done and Hope to GET my surgery by early or mid February!! I am so excited and Can't Wait for the new me to emerge out of this old tired shell I have carried around with me for years!! Good luck to you on your journey! There are so many wonderful people on this forum that will Keep you uplifted and supported Before, during and after your journey! So thankful for them!!♥

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk