Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Years Post Op And Need Support

Hi, I had my RNY 3 years ago this past September 9th. I done a great job and lost 210 pounds in 2 years. I was dedicated to exercise and eating right. November 2011, I got hurt at work and was unable to do my 2-3 mile walks or aerobics of any kind. I had to be out of work so they fired me. We had to move in with my in-laws because of the decrease in income. This has been very hard. My routine has been crushed. What has brought me here is that I need some support to help me before I regain all the weight I lost. Before my injury I weighed 148, I was content with that weight. This morning I weighed 164. It doesn't seem like a lot if weight but I can really tell the difference. Please, Anton that wishes to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm new here so I do need a little time to figure out how this forum works. Thanks again lisa

I am so sorry for all the changes following your injury. We all need support that's why we come. Your weight loss is phenomenal and gives me so much hope.

In my pre op classes they had us doing chair exercises from this dvd for those who were too big or bad knees. Try what works and go back to Protein Protein protein and are you drinking all your Water?

Hang in there and lean on us to keep your motivated! Xx

Surgery 7/25/12

Hi' date=' I had my RNY 3 years ago this past September 9th. I done a great job and lost 210 pounds in 2 years. I was dedicated to exercise and eating right. November 2011, I got hurt at work and was unable to do my 2-3 mile walks or aerobics of any kind. I had to be out of work so they fired me. We had to move in with my in-laws because of the decrease in income. This has been very hard. My routine has been crushed. What has brought me here is that I need some support to help me before I regain all the weight I lost. Before my injury I weighed 148, I was content with that weight. This morning I weighed 164. It doesn't seem like a lot if weight but I can really tell the difference. Please, Anton that wishes to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm new here so I do need a little time to figure out how this forum works. Thanks again lisa[/quote']

Welcome... Are your injuries better now? You will love it here.

Welcome to the group & we are here to help. Sorry you lost your job & had to move in with the in laws. How are you feeling since your injury?

Thanks for the replies. I haven't thought about chair exercises, ill look that up. I had surgery two weeks ago on my hip. Rehab is 6-8 months. That's insane. I've just got to stay strong but this is difficult. I feel like I've fallen off the Weightloss wagon. I'm glad that I found this forum, I need as much support as I can get. I need somebody to make me be accountable for my good choices. My mother n law has to have something sweet every night, she can eat whatever and never gain a pound. I on the other hand gain if I look at a Debbie. Anyway, thank you all for making me feel comfortable.

Btw, do y'all have a weigh in thread?

Yes we do its a Friday weigh in thread. We all need the support and the accountability is helpful.

Best of luck in your recovery!

Surgery 7/25/12

Hey girl... welcome. If you can I would start back on the Protein Shakes and start tracking everything going in your mouth. I mean everything. I use my fitness pal as do so many others on here. You have had phenomenal success... dont let this little bump in the road waylay your very commendable efforts. We are glad you are here.

Fitness pal I think 80 percent are on there & the Friday weight in.

Hi' date=' I had my RNY 3 years ago this past September 9th. I done a great job and lost 210 pounds in 2 years. I was dedicated to exercise and eating right. November 2011, I got hurt at work and was unable to do my 2-3 mile walks or aerobics of any kind. I had to be out of work so they fired me. We had to move in with my in-laws because of the decrease in income. This has been very hard. My routine has been crushed. What has brought me here is that I need some support to help me before I regain all the weight I lost. Before my injury I weighed 148, I was content with that weight. This morning I weighed 164. It doesn't seem like a lot if weight but I can really tell the difference. Please, Anton that wishes to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm new here so I do need a little time to figure out how this forum works. Thanks again lisa[/quote']

Not to be nosey but are you going to be receiving any sort of workmens comp settlement? My husband got hurt @ work and on top of paying all his medical expenses they gave him a check.

New Life Started 07/24/12

Unfortunately no. My employer denied my workers comp claim. I had an attorney but I didn't have the medical records to support my injury. Initially I thought I was hurting because of my arthritis. So my initial doctor appointments were related to my arthritis complaints. They paid me my initial medical bills and $500.00 to resign, but that is it. I had to apply for Medicaid to help me with my surgical bills and treatment. My attorney told me to take their initial offer of because I wouldn't get more than that if I go to court, and I would run the risk of a denial from the judge and get nothing. It eally wasn't much after medical bills were paid. I hate workers comp and I hate that employers love you to death until you get hurt and then they kick you to the curve.

That is awful! I'm so sorry for all that you are going through.

New Life Started 07/24/12

Unfortunately no. My employer denied my workers comp claim. I had an attorney but I didn't have the medical records to support my injury. Initially I thought I was hurting because of my arthritis. So my initial doctor appointments were related to my arthritis complaints. They paid me my initial medical bills and 500.00 to resign' date=' but that is it. I had to apply for Medicaid to help me with my surgical bills and treatment. My attorney told me to take their initial offer of because I wouldn't get more than that if I go to court, and I would run the risk of a denial from the judge and get nothing. It eally wasn't much after medical bills were paid. I hate workers comp and I hate that employers love you to death until you get hurt and then they kick you to the curve. [/quote']

Jobs suck! I lost mine a while ago. I was there best worker. Was always early. Deliver medication (not getting paid for delivery or my gas) went out of my way. The day they dint need you out you go f everything you dud. My future job only doing my job & nada else.

Not trying to be mean just trying to give tough love. 10 weeks after surgery I blowed out the 1 of the 6 plate that held my leg together for the last 6 years and had to have emergency surgery. I was told by doctors that it would be 6-8 weeks befor I could go back to the gym ans work out. 3 weeks later I'm back in the gym working out and losing weight.

Now I know you are not me and I understand your pain but you can't let this side line you from all the great weight loss you have had. Going back and do what made you lose the weight in the begining drink the Protein Drinks go back to 2-3 oz of food at a time 5-6 times a day. There is upper body exercise that you can do to help and even with a hip replacement or repair the doctors must want you to walk. Start out slow and build from there.

And keep us posted we are here for you sorry if this sounds mean its not ment that way.

For 6 years I have lived with pain in my right leg from a drunk that crushed it when he ran me over having WLS has made the world of difference the weight is off my leg and it feels 200% better and getting better every day

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

You have to be proud of with your amazing weight loss. You can get back to your goal! Stay the course. Life is always going to hora you curve balls... And when it does figure out how to knock it out of the park. It seems like you have had a stretch the downside, but focus on all the good you have... Including the 210 pounds you have lost!!

Not trying to be mean just trying to give tough love. 10 weeks after surgery I blowed out the 1 of the 6 plate that held my leg together for the last 6 years and had to have emergency surgery. I was told by doctors that it would be 6-8 weeks befor I could go back to the gym ans work out. 3 weeks later I'm back in the gym working out and losing weight.

Now I know you are not me and I understand your pain but you can't let this side line you from all the great weight loss you have had. Going back and do what made you lose the weight in the begining drink the Protein Drinks go back to 2-3 oz of food at a time 5-6 times a day. There is upper body exercise that you can do to help and even with a hip replacement or repair the doctors must want you to walk. Start out slow and build from there.

And keep us posted we are here for you sorry if this sounds mean its not ment that way.

For 6 years I have lived with pain in my right leg from a drunk that crushed it when he ran me over having WLS has made the world of difference the weight is off my leg and it feels 200% better and getting better every day

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Thanks Paul for your repsonse. I am honored to be here and I expect and want nothing more than some tuff love. After I had my RNY, I was a member of another support board. By focusing on helping others and trying to make a difference in the lives of others I was able to lose weight and finally was loving and living life. I remember giving out tuff love when it was needed. So please don't hold back. Well, don't be to hurtful either because I am a girl :o). I had my surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago, physical therapy is a work in progress. I really didn't have any pain post-op until my PT therapist increased the intensity of my workout. Man o man, that was last Friday, and my muscles are still flared up and angry. Yesterday we had to take a step back, she put me back on my walker with ambulation. I just want to screammmmmmm. Im not doing anything that can increase my metabolism. This is very frustrating. Im telling myself to stay compliant or it will take even longer to get better. Wish you or somebody had a majic wond that could fix me and take me to the gym. This is going to happen Im just so impatient. Im going to search for some upper body exercises that might help increase my metabalism. Thanks for your help and suggestions.